Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting season impact

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

It's ridiculous, i can't go out shooting on my own but I can go out jogging with my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

It's starting to feel like the restrictions are less about preventing the spread of Covid 19 and more about making our lives absolutely miserable.

zeissman wrote: »
    It's ridiculous, i can't go out shooting on my own but I can go out jogging with my mate.

I was in tesco on Wednesday. I could buy Lego but not a pair of jocks.

Nevermind 5km, I could shoot snipe 500 metres away from my front door on my own, except thats prohibited, but me and 4 friends could go jogging around the town.

It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

garrettod wrote: »
    Here we go again...

More sh1te, and we just sit here and take it, as per usual.

The NARGC have enough members that they can ask everyone to start phoning their local politicans, to apply pressure. Why aren't they doing it?

Suffice to say, everyone here should be doing the same...

Seriously which RGC is not issuing that call to its members?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Benny mcc wrote: »
    no hunting or shooting is essential right now so we can all do the right thing and stay the fcuk at home and maybe next year we'll be out the other side of this s#*t and be back to normal. I understand the trying to justify getting out for a shot and I was thinking the same but it's all a bit selfish.

We it is essential for me I have worked in a medical setting all through lockdown and I need it for my sanity.
    Tell me the difference between going for a walk inside 5km and going hunting on your own inside 5 km.
    Covid 19 regulations are just an excuse for something else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Walking alone in a field will not spread Covid.
    Walking alone in a field with a shotgun will spread Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭J.R.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Walking alone in a field will not spread Covid.
    Walking alone in a field with a shotgun will spread Covid.

Walking alone in a field with a shotgun, shooting crows, will not spread Covid.

Walking alone in a field with a shotgun, shooting pheasants, will spread Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Keep your powder dry for when the election comes around folks, which will be sooner rather than later, and blow their boat clean out of the water at the ballot box.

Nobody I know has any issue with reasonable regulations and measures, nobody. I’m not only involved in shooting, I’m involved in other sports as well which I miss dearly but I can understand why underage and non -professional games shouldn’t be going ahead.

I can understand why numbers in restaurants and pubs should be limited and buses and trains should operate at reduced capacity. I understand the need for and support the use of face mask and enhanced hand hygiene measures in shops and so on.

What I can’t understand though is that you can’t get COVID with 35 in a classroom and that buying socks will give you and your neighbors COVID and buying a bag of spuds in the same shop won’t. Same thing with COVID being no problem in Pairc Tailteann but life threatening in Balreask Old.

When regulations become unmitigated bovine excrement someone needs to shout “STOP” and recalibrate on a basis of common sense.

Anyway, do as I say and not as I do said the man at the certain golf society do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Update

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deni20000

You hit the nail on the head, Denartha - they just couldnt let sleeping dogs lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Whats an Antou when its at home??:confused:
    But it seems to be on our side which is nice.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/why-take-hunting-golf-even-mass-when-there-is-no-covid-threat-aontu/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Whats an Antou when its at home??
    It's an all Ireland political party.

Whats an Antou when its at home??:confused:
    But it seems to be on our side which is nice.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/why-take-hunting-golf-even-mass-when-there-is-no-covid-threat-aontu/

Basically Peadar Toibin, TD from Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deni20000

Fair play to Aontu - at least theyre supporting us which is more than can be said for the mainstream parties as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

That's a serious concern.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Basically Peadar Toibin, TD from Trim.

"Sunday (November 1). An Garda Síochána has released a statement on the matter:

“This normally involves shooting club members travelling to pheasant shoots around the country, frequently in groups, and is regarded as sport shooting."

The gardai statement above revealing how stupidly and dangerously ignorant the gardai are in the subject .

I was pleasantly surprised to hear many gunshots in my area this evening. Pity they had such awful weather.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear many gunshots in my area this evening. Pity they had such awful weather.

Didn't hear a single shot where I am. Usually it's like beirut every year.

• Advertisement

Didn't hear a single shot where I am. Usually it's like beirut every year.

The weather probably didn't help. I didn't even leave the house this weekend. Friday evening I braved it far enough to stock up on firewood, and that was as far as the veranda.

The weather probably didn't help. I didn't even leave the house this weekend. Friday evening I braved it far enough to stock up on firewood, and that was as far as the veranda.

Yeah maybe. Rains been bad the past couple of days. But it wasn't raining this morning here though and usually I hear a few shots even a day before the 1st so I assumed there would be lads that would head out regardless.

The weather probably didn't help.

As Billy Connolly said - "There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes."

Pheasant shooting Covid-19 restrictions raised in the Dail today

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Totally deflected the question.
    " how do you know that they don't go outside 5km " and then attacking the Healy Rays.
    Doesn't look like he'll change much

Totally deflected the question.
    " how do you know that they don't go outside 5km " and then attacking the Healy Rays.
    Doesn't look like he'll change much

Deflecting is what you do when you can’t or don’t want to give a straight answer. Physical/recreational activity within 5km from one’s home. I still haven’t heard a single argument why that can be done with a pushbike on a road and not with a dog and a gun along a ditch in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

... I still haven’t heard a single argument why that can be done with a pushbike on a road and not with a dog and a gun along a ditch in a field.

And you won't !

Thanks,

G.

I heard a couple of shots near me for the first time this season today. I guess someone is fed up waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Must've been lots of predator control going on around me starting 1st Nov at 9am, because heard lots of shot and I can't remember the last time I heard a shot here on the 1st (I never go out on the 1st and I don't bother much with pheasants - meat too dry for me - there's no gun club around me for miles, btw).

• Advertisement
Advertisement