Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merge city and county forums?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll just iterate that I myself don't really mind either way.
    If a majority wants it I'm happy to kick things up to admin for final decision, but we need to be damn sure this is what should happen - once forums are merged there is no going back.

biko wrote: »
    What makes you think city folk will respond to your county thread after a merge?

Are you hoping a merge will make county folk more inclined to view the new forum?

I am not making any predictions that they will, but as evidenced by several responses already, many of us have feet in both areas but I know for myself I often go weeks without checking this forum because there are no discussions happening on it.
    Comparing city to county won't hold up for any of the regional forums on boards. The city forums all have bigger audience.

Given the population breakdown of 2:1 county:city this board should be twice as active as the city one, its not. I live in one area, work in the other, if I post about a county topic here it doesn't get any engagement.

Don't ask me to explain why this board is dead, I can't, wish I could

biko wrote: »
    What makes you think city folk will respond to your county thread after a merge?
    Are you hoping a merge will make county folk more inclined to view the new forum?

Comparing city to county won't hold up for any of the regional forums on boards. The city forums all have bigger audience.

Posters don’t have time to check out multiple sub forums each time they visit especially if one of these is dead, a lot of the feedback has been I live in one but work in the other so the “city” posters you refer to surely have something to offer to county discussion topics.

Just to emphasise how dead the forum is, if you search the word Galway on boards(on touch site) you get recommended “Galway city”, “Galway lan” and “NUI Galway”, no Galway county.

Anyway, poll seems to speak for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Is this still being discussed or might it happen?

There seem to be a majority for a merge but there is no rush and people that use the forum less often also need a chance to see the thread and post their input.
    I'll bring it up with admins before Christmas.
    They chat about it amongst themselves for a while.
    I doubt we'll hear back before January.

• Advertisement

I've notified the people upstairs. We'll see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Merge for sure.

No news from upstairs yet. Some threads from county moved over as a precursor of what to come.

Change done.

Advertisement