Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Range Gaming PC - Advice Needed

Options
  • 20-10-2020 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys,

looking for some advice on a mid range gaming PC. I know it's not an ideal time in the run up to christmas and releases, but any advice is appreciated greatly (Especially the best places to buy).

So this is my first build but also open to prebuilts if the price is ok.

1. What is your budget?

€1000-€1200

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Work just office stuff, Nothing stressful there.

Video streaming and Gaming

Current Games: Divinivity Orginal Sin 2, Hades, Hearthstone
    Planned Games: Cyberpunk 2077, Baldurs Gate 3, Last of Us 2.
    Game Types: Indie stuff mostly, CRPGS, single player story stuff, maybe a grand strategy game.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?

Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?

No.

5. Do you need a monitor?

Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

Really not sure and open to suggestions.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?

I'll need speakers and a keyboard (not looking for anything mechanical or fancy). Oh and wireless card.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?

Not hyped about it.

8. How can you pay?

Debit Card

9. When are you purchasing?

In the next month.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

South Dublin, but should be grand. And well Covid.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ugly_Child

Just bumping this for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Lot's of new hardware on the way, cpu's and gpu's. People are reluctant to give builds until we see the new hardware.

You're better off waiting around a month if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ugly_Child

Now considering a pre built.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/awd-220t-rgb-ryzen-5-3600-six-core-rtx-3070-8gb-pc-for-gaming.html

Seems a reasonable price, when you add in some more memory in.

Anyone any opinions on it or have any horror stories about AWD-IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I tread carefully with UK based sellers, when they finally exit the EU then warranties may become invalid or not honoured.
    To my mind at least I would be buying one from Germany at least they are in the EU and will be able to honour warranties.
    I recently bought from Caseking.de and they have a build service as well as a three year warranty with 2 years collect and return.
    I don't know what the situation will be like when the Brexit dust settles so I opted for an EU based company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Leaving the EU isn't going to invalidate warranties. Caseking.de own Overclockers UK as well, just like OCUK their PC's are fairly bad value compared to CCL or AWD.

No horror stories about AWD, I have bought a few PC's from them and never any issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement