Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a Espana 2020

Options
  • 20-10-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭

More excited about this than the Giro.

Very strong start list

https://www.cyclingnews.com/vuelta-a-espana/start-list/

Great to see Sam Bennett leading a team, and of course Dan Martin who has unfinished business after the TdF.

Not many standout sprinters so Bennett should clean up.

You'd have to favour either Roglic or Domoulin for the GC and Jumbo are looking very strong. Big ask for Froome so Carapaz might be Ineos best hope.

Let battle commence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Carlton has a new moniker for Astana's main GC hope. It goes...3...2...1...Vlasov!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Carlton has a new moniker for Astana's main GC hope. It goes...3...2...1...Vlasov!

So glad to have him back in place of Hatch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not many standout sprinters so Bennett should clean up.

Ackermann is pretty good to be fair. Wouldn't be much between the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Dodge wrote: »
    Ackermann is pretty good to be fair. Wouldn't be much between the two of them

Which should be a very interesting battle to say the least...

Wasn't Archbold due to start this? He was missing in action last week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wasn't Archbold due to start this? He was missing in action last week too.
    He's sick with gastroenteritis - that's why he missed scheldeprijs. Hasn't recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Paddigol wrote: »
    So glad to have him back in place of Hatch!!

Hopefully Kelly too?

Edit: He is indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

the vuelta/tour websites are so much better than the Giro's

Boscoirl wrote: »
    the vuelta/tour websites are so much better than the Giro's

It's at least 100% better

Clear who Ineos are riding for here
    not Froome he's out the back while the team are on the front

• Advertisement

edit: removed for lack of spoilers

Froome in trouble on the first hard climb of the Vuelta!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

ISN got sold an utter turkey for the next number of years. What length of a contract did they give him?

Looking at the overall route profile I can see a GC contender taking the points jersey. All the mountains totally skew it for the sprinters.

ISN got sold an utter turkey for the next number of years. What length of a contract did they give him?

Only showing one year on ProCycling Stats

He's like me on a club spin

Only showing one year on ProCycling Stats

This says multi-year.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-leaves-ineos-for-israel-start-up-nation/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rumours its 5!!!
    Edit: derp, it actually says 5 in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

retalivity wrote: »
    Rumours its 5!!!
    Edit: derp, it actually says 5 in the article.

Froomes going to be the next Valverde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

What is the best way to watch this in Ireland - Eurosport subscription or GCN racepass, or what would people suggest?

Thinking of getting this for my dad who, while not a complete technophobe, would want a solution that most closely resembles just turning on the television and switching over to the racing.

El Tarangu wrote: »
    What is the best way to watch this in Ireland - Eurosport subscription or GCN racepass, or what would people suggest?

Thinking of getting this for my dad who, while not a complete technophobe, would want a solution that most closely resembles just turning on the television and switching over to the racing.

Does he have the Eurosport channel? That's how I'm watching it - this week may see some switching between Giro & Vuelta coverage but from next week it'll be all Vuelta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Does he have the Eurosport channel? That's how I'm watching it - this week may see some switching between Giro & Vuelta coverage but from next week it'll be all Vuelta.

Actually I see the highlights are on itv4, which he definitely has, so I think he will manage with that - thanks for the suggestion though.

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Actually I see the highlights are on itv4, which he definitely has, so I think he will manage with that - thanks for the suggestion though.
    FireTV stick and eurosport player app (with subscription obviously) the most reliable method in my experience (if you don't have sky). Especially if close to router, or even better if you can hard wire the firestick. For future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Sure all Dan has to do now is keep this lad in his sights till the last TT and Booooooooom. Vuelta in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Pinot is a DNS today

Mohoric is a DNS too.

2 AG2R riders DNS also.

EDIT: Dan wearing green according to procyclingstats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

2 AG2R riders DNS also.

EDIT: Dan wearing green according to procyclingstats.

At least with Dan it's usually easy to spot the rolling shoulders but thanks cos I'm hoping to catch the last climb and would have been looking for the team jersey.

• Advertisement

Itziger wrote: »
    At least with Dan it's usually easy to spot the rolling shoulders but thanks cos I'm hoping to catch the last climb and would have been looking for the team jersey.
    Again, watching with my daughter after school - "Dan's the one with the bobbing head" :D

Advertisement