Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction Approval on New Mobile App

Options
  • 20-10-2020 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am aware that there have been some issues with the new mobile app in recent days but I made a transaction today online, not through the app but through an online retailer, and a few hours later I got a notification through the mobile app saying "Transaction Received - Tap here to set status" - once I tapped this is brought me to the page which asks you to swipe the green button to approve a transaction that you would make through the app itself. However, the app is crashing constantly at the moment so I can't actually do anything with it to approve any transaction.

I presume this is a mistake of some form and I don't need to later approve online shopping transactions through the Mobile App?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I am aware that there have been some issues with the new mobile app in recent days but I made a transaction today online, not through the app but through an online retailer, and a few hours later I got a notification through the mobile app saying "Transaction Received - Tap here to set status" - once I tapped this is brought me to the page which asks you to swipe the green button to approve a transaction that you would make through the app itself. However, the app is crashing constantly at the moment so I can't actually do anything with it to approve any transaction.

I presume this is a mistake of some form and I don't need to later approve online shopping transactions through the Mobile App?

Thanks
    Good morning LawStudent69,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

There is nothing to be concerned about with this notification, it is tied to an earlier activity you completed on your account. We are aware some notifications are being sent late and are working to resolve this issue. 

Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I hope this information helps.

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Thanks
    Good morning LawStudent69,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

There is nothing to be concerned about with this notification, it is tied to an earlier activity you completed on your account. We are aware some notifications are being sent late and are working to resolve this issue. 

Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I hope this information helps.

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement