Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone built a house/ an extension recently in Wexford?

Options
  • 20-10-2020 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Just looking for advice from people who have had building done/ in the middle of it, in Wexford recently, for the purpose of estimating finishing costs. We're building an extension for a new kitchen/dining/living room with builder's finish and remodelling 2 existing rooms.

I know, how long is a piece of string for tiles/ wooden floors etc but what can we expect regarding the labour costs per sq yard? What roughly does it cost to install a new bathroom - bath, WC, sink, elctric shower over bath again, labour, not the tiles/ sanitary ware. Is there a thing about having 2 electric showers in a house?

Has anyone uppgraded their central heating system recently? We were thinking new boiler with new rads and a 2 zoned system if possible - upstairs and downstairs.

When you buy a new fireplace with stove, is there installation cost on top of that or does the price include fitting it?

Has anyone a rough idea about the cost of getting a new utility kitted out with counter, sink and presses? Would the carpentry of presses be costed per sq yard aswell?

Has anyone replaced soffit and fascia for PvC?

That's just a few things for now.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

We recently converted my dads cottage into a granny flat and built a sizeable extension (in reality a new house)

From memory we were told we couldnt go with 2 electric showers by the electrician. Not sure on that but didnt anyway, we have one and solar panels which works perfectly, very rarely theres not hot water enough for the 2nd shower and if not 20mins boost of the heating heats more than enough water.

Heating is zoned upstairs and downstairs and controlled by the Nest thermostats. Id highly recommend them, control heating hot water etc from your phone.

I honestly cant remember the labour costs etc but id just suggest pricing with loads of different people.

We havent got our utility fitted out yet but we are planning a visit to ikea for that and my cousin is in his final year apprenticeship for cabinet maker and has agreed to install for us. The kitchen itself was pretty expensive but the missus swears to me its worth it but the utility will be far cheaper, no marble worktops or handpainted units.

To be fair i would recommend Karl Cullen for the kitchen as it is a fine job.

Advertisement