Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wexford- Covid 19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Gael23 wrote: »
    The priest in Ramsgrange?
    The PP of Horeswood is in isolation after officiating at the funeral
    I believe preist in Ramsgrange is in hospital and horeswood priest is in isolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

had to bring my elderly mother[86] to crosstown cemetery today to visit graves . wall to wall with our ethnic friends for a funeral . For anybody who knows the area both sides of the road and car park bumper to bumper . typical of the selfish ....

This has carried on for months and months and months all over the country and nothing done about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Been told Verona Murphy is suspected of having it now.

The Nrpew Ross and Campile area is basically alive with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Been told Verona Murphy is suspected of having it now.

The Nrpew Ross and Campile area is basically alive with it
    was told she was all right , didn't say it here cos wasn't sure . herself and local garda srgnt , in pub or marquee half the night .
    I wonder where the traveler who was buried yesterday was from , will we get another huge spike somewhere

first line should read ''was there''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

While I get people saying to be sensitive about what has gone on, there is no getting past the absolute utter irresponsible and wreckless behaviour which has lead to this situation.
    If this was this time last year, and covid was brand-new disease, I would have had enormous sympathy for all involved. As in, they didn't know what they were dealing with. But there is absolutely no getting past the stupidity of what has gone on here and the absolute blatant ignorance towards public health.
    These are the life and death decisions which everybody who behaves like this is taking into their hands.
    It is tragic for all involved but the actions of these people have put a whole region at risk, sorry if I am not feeling any sensitivity. And talk about sensitivity to those in our health service who are cleaning up the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

was told she was all right , didn't say it here cos wasn't sure . herself and local garda srgnt , in pub or marquee half the night .
    I wonder where the traveler who was buried yesterday was from , will we get another huge spike somewhere

first line should read ''was there''

Yesterday’s funeral was Adamstown.

With regard to sensitivity I think the main thing to be aware of is that the New Ross area is a small community and everyone knows each other, at least anyone that comes from there. So it’s important to have facts right before putting things out

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

had to bring my elderly mother[86] to crosstown cemetery today to visit graves . wall to wall with our ethnic friends for a funeral . For anybody who knows the area both sides of the road and car park bumper to bumper . typical of the selfish ....

The family who caused the Ramsgrange outbreak aren't travellers. What does that have to do with anything.

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    The family who caused the Ramsgrange outbreak aren't travellers. What does that have to do with anything.

No one said they were. I assume it’s stating that there are other meetings going on around the county that shouldn’t be happening, that’s what I got from it anyway

• Advertisement

• Del.Monte wrote: »
    Standards in retail gone to hell in recent months - no attempt in my local Dunnes to control numbers entering, no cleaning of baskets, defective/empty hand sanitisers etc. and yesterday in Dealz was served by somebody at the checkout with mask hanging off one ear. :rolleyes:

So it’s not just me who noticed! I hadn’t been to dunnes in a while but went a few days or so ago & their entry system has totally been dropped, they used to stand by the doors and wave you in, staff were constantly cleaning trolleys and baskets as you said, now it’s just free for all.

So it’s not just me who noticed! I hadn’t been to dunnes in a while but went a few days or so ago & their entry system has totally been dropped, they used to stand by the doors and wave you in, staff were constantly cleaning trolleys and baskets as you said, now it’s just free for all.

Well Lidl never did that but left sanitising wipes there, and let people clean it if they wanted. There is only so much retailers can be expected to do for people at the same time.

• Well Lidl never did that but left sanitising wipes there, and let people clean it if they wanted. There is only so much retailers can be expected to do for people at the same time.

Aldi do the same - however dunnes seems to have stopped caring as there’s no anti viral sprays or wipes to sanitise baskets & trolleys yourself either.

I’m not expecting staff to do it for me, I’m well capable, the fact is they’re not even providing the things necessary, which is negligent.

Aldi do the same - however dunnes seems to have stopped caring as there’s no anti viral sprays or wipes to sanitise baskets & trolleys yourself either.

I’m not expecting staff to do it for me, I’m well capable, the fact is they’re not even providing the things necessary, which is negligent.

Agree with you. I also have a packet of wipes in the shopping bags, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The man who passed away(son of the lady whose funeral occurred). What age roughly was he and did he have a family?

The man who passed away(son of the lady whose funeral occurred). What age roughly was he and did he have a family?

He was 75 and had 1 child AFAIK.

• Advertisement

He was 75 and had 1 child AFAIK.

His mother was 94, I don’t think that’s true.

Have heard 2 more of her sons are in ICU. So one dead and 2 in ICU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That is rough going for that family

Pop up test centre in St James GAA pitch, capacity for 300 tests a day, according to Verona Murphys social media.

I'm pretty sure that he was 75, or at very least in his 70s - it wasn't that unusual for someone aged 19 to be having children back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭1641

We have offences of "careless driving causing death" and "dangerous driving causing death". There should be something similar for people who recklessly organise events like this in contravention of public health guidelines. So many innocent people suffer who have no direct with these gatherings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

Covid hub has been updated , New Ross has highest incidence rate in the country

537089.png
    https://covid-19.geohive.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

jd wrote: »
    Covid hub has been updated , New Ross has highest incidence rate in the country

Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

I mean it’s New Ross, that says enough.

I mean it’s New Ross, that says enough.

I used to live there :D

I used to live there :D

My whole family live there and my parents are from there originally

Found this too
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-ross-electoral-area-sees-covid-19-rate-up-over-1-000-in-a-week-1.4445348

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I was sort of separating the Ramsgrange funeral cases because its miles from New Ross.

Are the press considering them all the one?

I was sort of separating the Ramsgrange funeral cases because its miles from New Ross.

Are the press considering them all the one?
    Yes Ramsgrange is in the New Ross district. The effect in town is terrible

• I used to live there :D

Ah I’m only teasing really! :pac:

In all fairness you hate to see anywhere in Wexford like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

Yes Ramsgrange is in the New Ross district. The effect in town is terrible

And supposedly another outbreak linked to a pub in Irishtown as well. Just goes to show how contagious it is and also how important to abide by the regulations are.

• Advertisement

blackwave wrote: »
    And supposedly another outbreak linked to a pub in Irishtown as well. Just goes to show how contagious it is and also how important to abide by the regulations are.

No pubs up there serve food to my knowledge, unless Paulines does nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Pop up test centre in St James GAA pitch, capacity for 300 tests a day, according to Verona Murphys social media.

Me and the wife were contacted and Had to go there for a test yesterday (not connected to the Ramsgrange or New Ross outbreaks). I just wanted to say the staff were brilliant and a credit to their profession explained what was going etc we were in and out within 10 minutes. Got results back this morning all ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Nice and quick results there, good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭91wx763

No pubs up there serve food to my knowledge, unless Paulines does nowadays

11/10 for subtlety there :D

91wx763 wrote: »
    11/10 for subtlety there :D

I didn’t mean it like that at all!

Have heard exactly where and who the pub outbreak relates to. It’s not the Irishtown actually

Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

If you are referring to what I think you are then No is the answer

vicwatson wrote: »
    If you are referring to what I think you are then No is the answer

Absolutely nothing at all, both the funeral and the pub outbreak in town

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Any figures for Wexford today?

• Advertisement

Johnfred wrote: »
    Any figures for Wexford today?
    no county breakdown last 2 days, presumably less staff working, article from owner of sportsman inn today too https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/sportsmans-inn-owner-insists-pub-not-epicentre-of-outbreak-39887829.html

no county breakdown last 2 days, presumably less staff working, article from owner of sportsman inn today too https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/sportsmans-inn-owner-insists-pub-not-epicentre-of-outbreak-39887829.html

That’s only adding fuel to the fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭91wx763

Verona Murphy TD denies she has covid and now Willy the willman denies his pub was involved.

As I said elsewhere never believe things until they are officially denied.

Verona Murphy TD denies she has covid and now Willy the willman denies his pub was involved.

Reality is only people present during the events will know the actual truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

He has some cheek but what do you expect from him after the whole dodgy will case and how that ended.:pac:

Done some googling after the comments, never knew about this- https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/millionaire-businessmen-face-jail-for-forging-bachelor-farmers-will-29093768.html

The recent incident is not the man's 1st BBQ as they say then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

blackwave wrote: »
    He has some cheek but what do you expect from him after the whole dodgy will case and how that ended.:pac:

I know someone investigating the cluster in Ransgrange who told me the pub wasn’t the issue they were focussing on at all but of course it seems people are desperate to find pubs at fault.

Also told me the area would be served better if they could lockdown the priest and the church but of course that’s a delicate thing to be looking into.

Easier just to blame the pub I suppose!

Done some googling after the comments, never knew about this- https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/millionaire-businessmen-face-jail-for-forging-bachelor-farmers-will-29093768.html

The recent incident is not the man's 1st BBQ as they say then.

That’s old news. Very common knowledge in the area

That’s old news. Very common knowledge in the area
    I'm 30 mins from the area myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

That’s only adding fuel to the fire
    ya its only half the story , he never mentioned the marque

ya its only half the story , he never mentioned the marque

Yeah exactly, there was only 60 in the pub.....and how many in the marquee?

• Advertisement
Advertisement