Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford- Covid 19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

So it’s not just me who noticed! I hadn’t been to dunnes in a while but went a few days or so ago & their entry system has totally been dropped, they used to stand by the doors and wave you in, staff were constantly cleaning trolleys and baskets as you said, now it’s just free for all.

Well Lidl never did that but left sanitising wipes there, and let people clean it if they wanted. There is only so much retailers can be expected to do for people at the same time.

• Well Lidl never did that but left sanitising wipes there, and let people clean it if they wanted. There is only so much retailers can be expected to do for people at the same time.

Aldi do the same - however dunnes seems to have stopped caring as there’s no anti viral sprays or wipes to sanitise baskets & trolleys yourself either.

I’m not expecting staff to do it for me, I’m well capable, the fact is they’re not even providing the things necessary, which is negligent.

Aldi do the same - however dunnes seems to have stopped caring as there’s no anti viral sprays or wipes to sanitise baskets & trolleys yourself either.

I’m not expecting staff to do it for me, I’m well capable, the fact is they’re not even providing the things necessary, which is negligent.

Agree with you. I also have a packet of wipes in the shopping bags, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The man who passed away(son of the lady whose funeral occurred). What age roughly was he and did he have a family?

The man who passed away(son of the lady whose funeral occurred). What age roughly was he and did he have a family?

He was 75 and had 1 child AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

He was 75 and had 1 child AFAIK.

His mother was 94, I don’t think that’s true.

Have heard 2 more of her sons are in ICU. So one dead and 2 in ICU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Gael23 wrote: »

That is rough going for that family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Pop up test centre in St James GAA pitch, capacity for 300 tests a day, according to Verona Murphys social media.

I'm pretty sure that he was 75, or at very least in his 70s - it wasn't that unusual for someone aged 19 to be having children back then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

We have offences of "careless driving causing death" and "dangerous driving causing death". There should be something similar for people who recklessly organise events like this in contravention of public health guidelines. So many innocent people suffer who have no direct with these gatherings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Covid hub has been updated , New Ross has highest incidence rate in the country

537089.png
    https://covid-19.geohive.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

jd wrote: »
    Covid hub has been updated , New Ross has highest incidence rate in the country

Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

I mean it’s New Ross, that says enough.

I mean it’s New Ross, that says enough.

I used to live there :D

I used to live there :D

My whole family live there and my parents are from there originally

Found this too
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-ross-electoral-area-sees-covid-19-rate-up-over-1-000-in-a-week-1.4445348

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I was sort of separating the Ramsgrange funeral cases because its miles from New Ross.

Are the press considering them all the one?

I was sort of separating the Ramsgrange funeral cases because its miles from New Ross.

Are the press considering them all the one?
    Yes Ramsgrange is in the New Ross district. The effect in town is terrible

• I used to live there :D

Ah I’m only teasing really! :pac:

In all fairness you hate to see anywhere in Wexford like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Yes Ramsgrange is in the New Ross district. The effect in town is terrible

And supposedly another outbreak linked to a pub in Irishtown as well. Just goes to show how contagious it is and also how important to abide by the regulations are.

• Advertisement

blackwave wrote: »
    And supposedly another outbreak linked to a pub in Irishtown as well. Just goes to show how contagious it is and also how important to abide by the regulations are.

No pubs up there serve food to my knowledge, unless Paulines does nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭pavb2

Pop up test centre in St James GAA pitch, capacity for 300 tests a day, according to Verona Murphys social media.

Me and the wife were contacted and Had to go there for a test yesterday (not connected to the Ramsgrange or New Ross outbreaks). I just wanted to say the staff were brilliant and a credit to their profession explained what was going etc we were in and out within 10 minutes. Got results back this morning all ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Nice and quick results there, good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

No pubs up there serve food to my knowledge, unless Paulines does nowadays

11/10 for subtlety there :D

91wx763 wrote: »
    11/10 for subtlety there :D

I didn’t mean it like that at all!

Have heard exactly where and who the pub outbreak relates to. It’s not the Irishtown actually

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is there any suggestion that this is anything todo with any particular part or group in the community?

If you are referring to what I think you are then No is the answer

vicwatson wrote: »
    If you are referring to what I think you are then No is the answer

Absolutely nothing at all, both the funeral and the pub outbreak in town

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Any figures for Wexford today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Johnfred wrote: »
    Any figures for Wexford today?
    no county breakdown last 2 days, presumably less staff working, article from owner of sportsman inn today too https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/sportsmans-inn-owner-insists-pub-not-epicentre-of-outbreak-39887829.html

Advertisement