Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are many gamers into one type of game?

Options
  • 21-10-2020 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭

Being thinking of getting into racing sims, Iracing and the purchase of the steering wheel, pedals etc.

Never liked FIFA or open world exploration games like GTA but racing sims always appealed when I was young.

Do a lot of gamers only focus on playing one type of game? It might be Especially Popular with older gamers who know what they like and what they don’t?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

I always liked fast past games in different genres so the types I liked were unreal tournament (shooting), wipeout (racing), dead or alive (fighting), so I would say ideally I'm the type that like something fast paced but I prefer pc games to console and I only play counter strike source which is brilliant in my opinion.

I could happily just play counter strike source for another 5 years while other games out as it suits my style and I like fast shooting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm an RPG gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I dip into a bit of everything tbh. Ghost of Tsushima, Assassins Creed, My Time at Portia, NBA 2K, The Outer Worlds, The Outer Wilds, Medieval, Spyro remastered, Crash remastered, Control, Rocket League, Dead Cells, GRID, Wreckfest, NFS Heat... They're just the recent (in the last year) games I've played, with many others.

If I was to pick one though, it would have to be a good single player RPG or RPG-lite type game with a good story. I prefer story games to endless looter shooters or open ended games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have a few genres which I try to mix up as I would grow bored of playing the same type all the time
    So I mainly play RPG's, FPS, Action adventure and RTS and throw the odd multiplayer game in for good mix for when I get too drunk to concentrate on the single player games

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anything that gives me xp that I can put towards levelling up / cosmetics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Overwatch for about 4 years, dip into other games but just cant find the same buzz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I play most genres but my preference is story driven single player games.

The only genre I don't play is online multiplayer games, particularly FPS and looter shooters. They are so repetitive and bore me to tears.

Advertisement