Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike shop quoted me €90.. final bill €200

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Tbh the only time i would have had to do it was when my son was with me at weekends so not ideal if hes getting it as a xmas present. Im not the worst at maintaining my own bike but i wouldn't of understood the bottom bracket part or even that there was an issue with it. I had sold some lambs last week and had decided to try use that money in the local area to support a few businesses. Left a bad taste in my mouth now tbh.

Do you think you were fleeced?:)

Did he get you to pay him in cash OP?

Would take you 5 minutes to make a report to Revenue if you wanted.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/assist-us/reporting-shadow-economy-activity/reporting.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Akrasia wrote: »
    Why don’t you service your own bikes? ...Even stuff like hub and bottom bracket replacement are very straightforward ...
    I don't agree with that at all. And even making a 'small' mistake with something like a bottom bracket can end up very, very expensive. Everyone has limits, at different levels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thread closed , for f*** sake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement