Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70 Server comms error

Options
  • 21-10-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

A problem with our GSD i70 alarm panel online communications. Should I contact the installer, or GSD, or is it fixable without them?

The panel is showing a "server disconnected" error on the panel for the last 2 weeks. Can't clear it because, I think, the fault is still occurring. The GSD app on my phone shows a big "Network disconnected" message at the top, and the most recent logged event is a couple of weeks ago.

My own network monitoring systems show me that the i70 goes on the wifi now and again and contacts the GSD server but after a few seconds of messages back and forth it gives up. Looks like my i70 can't login to the GSD server.

The unit was installed nearly 2 years ago and no problems until this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BarryRd

This was fixed by simply disabling and re-enabling the installer code in the menu (under tools) on the panel. The yellow fault light on the panel went off immediately, and the GSD app on my phone now shows up to date status and logs.

No idea why this worked. It must have some side effect that clears the comms channel and server login process.

Thanks to Dave for the suggestions that prompted me to explore the installer code a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

BarryRd wrote: »
    A problem with our GSD i70 alarm panel online communications. Should I contact the installer, or GSD, or is it fixable without them?

The panel is showing a "server disconnected" error on the panel for the last 2 weeks. Can't clear it because, I think, the fault is still occurring. The GSD app on my phone shows a big "Network disconnected" message at the top, and the most recent logged event is a couple of weeks ago.

My own network monitoring systems show me that the i70 goes on the wifi now and again and contacts the GSD server but after a few seconds of messages back and forth it gives up. Looks like my i70 can't login to the GSD server.

The unit was installed nearly 2 years ago and no problems until this.

I think I had a similar error until about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately I reset the panel (following advice on another boards thread for the same issue). Now whether I enter the installer code or my alarm code, I can't get into any menus. All I get is:

Communication error!

No response from controller.

Alarm has been bullet proof for a few years. Now this. Any suggestions?

Advertisement