Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Ceiling Light.

Options
  • 21-10-2020 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I'm running tight on earth wire to my new metal ceiling light. The bracket that holds the light is also metal, the ceiling base of the light that I screw to the bracket is also metal. Is it ok to connect the earth wire coming from the ceiling to the screw that attaches the light to the bracket?
    I think I explained that correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

What do you mean running tight on earth wire? Can you terminate it into a terminal block and extend this wire or alternatively run a new one?
    I would run it to the place marked earth on the light only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

alan4cult wrote: »
    What do you mean running tight on earth wire? Can you terminate it into a terminal block and extend this wire or alternatively run a new one?
    I would run it to the place marked earth on the light only.

Yes I can do that... And there also is a terminal block fixed to the light,. For L E N ... I will actually extend the Earth and put it in it's rightful place. But if I was really lazy wouldn't that be ok or not. I'm sure that Earth terminal has metal touching the light base anyway yes!?

Ohh ps: running tight I meant, the earth is a couple of inches shorter than the L & N.

Advertisement