Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember Cycle Challenge

Options
  • 21-10-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

So I had this stupid idea of doing Movember during lockdown. Since Nobody is going to see me for the month the wife is onboard.
    The last time I participated I did the Move for Movember which is where you pledge to walk/run 60km for the 60 men who commit suicide every hour. So I did 60km a week as 60km for a month was a bit too easy.
    Now I’m thinking of doing a cycling specific challenge. But I’m not sure what distance or feat to set. I probably average 100-150 a week. 200 would be a big week.
    5km circles will add an extra wrinkle.

Any ideas?

Comments

Not really cycling in relation to my Movember collection though I do remember my face being colder on the way to work each day and sore.

I did a reverse movember a few years ago. Went 30 days of wet shaving!!!! I normally wear a fair amount of beard and if I shave it off I do it with the clippers and go a few weeks shaving with that and grow it back. Hadn't actually had a proper wet shave in about 7 years I think prior to that so had to buy the gear.

Let me tell you it was pure hell having to do that every morning between the time it took and the rash/razor burn likely poor shaving skill but I'd tried a lot of products in my younger days to help with that and to no avail so eventually decided to be a beard man in my early 20's.

Raised just over 1k for my trouble and work matched it .

Could actually actually be a challenge to do the same route everyday as I'd find that mind numbingly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Could actually actually be a challenge to do the same route everyday as I'd find that mind numbingly boring.

I think I'm going to have to get very innovative with planning routes. Although if I am for 3-4 rides per week I can probably handle repeating 3-4 routes every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I think I'm going to have to get very innovative with planning routes. Although if I am for 3-4 rides per week I can probably handle repeating 3-4 routes every week.

Just posted in the off topic thread (apologies to Type 17 for copying their post):
    Type 17 wrote: »
    Cycling every road in your 5km radius (Melbourne)

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/54626043

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

Cycle a new route in the shape of a moustache every day

• Advertisement
Advertisement