Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Contract

Options
  • 21-10-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I want to switch providers from Eir to 48. I am currently in contract with Eir for another 2 months. I understand I will have to pay those 2 months and any termination fee etc.
    Can I switch my number over to 48 first before initiating the cancellation process with Eir or can Eir block this on their end until they receive cancellation request from me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I want to switch providers from Eir to 48. I am currently in contract with Eir for another 2 months. I understand I will have to pay those 2 months and any termination fee etc.
    Can I switch my number over to 48 first before initiating the cancellation process with Eir or can Eir block this on their end until they receive cancellation request from me?

Possibly they will block it, either way you will owe them for the full period of the contract.

Eir are an absolute ballache to deal with, I'd be looking for the simplest way to switch without having to deal with eir's customer service.

I assume you are wanting the 48 €7.99 offer that expires next month.

My advice is order the 48 sim now, you can trial it for coverage, buy the first €7.99 membership before the 10 Nov deadline.

Wait for your eir contract to expire and then port your number to the 48 sim, you will not need to cancel your eir account, the port will do that automatically once you are out of contract on the date of porting.

Remember to get the unlock code for your eir phone before porting, if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Thank you. I don't want to deal with Eir at all if I can avoid it so proabbaly as well off to do as you suggest.
    I assume eir wouldn't give me the unlock code until the contract is up either?

Advertisement