Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What medical / nurse facilities are open during lockdown?

Options
  • 22-10-2020 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I understand that the Laya/VHI clinics are closed during lockdown and the hospitals are for emergencies only, but is there anywhere to get an injection from a nurse or doctor on a Sunday during lockdown? My local doctor's surgery is closed at the weekend but my wife has to have an injection given by a doctor or nurse on a specific Sunday (we have the medicine, but it says it has to be injected by someone qualified).

Does anyone know where we could go to get that done?

Sorry if this is a silly question, we don't have much experience of the medical world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭con747

JamesFlynn wrote: »
    I understand that the Laya/VHI clinics are closed during lockdown and the hospitals are for emergencies only, but is there anywhere to get an injection from a nurse or doctor on a Sunday during lockdown? My local doctor's surgery is closed at the weekend but my wife has to have an injection given by a doctor or nurse on a specific Sunday (we have the medicine, but it says it has to be injected by someone qualified).

Does anyone know where we could go to get that done?

Sorry if this is a silly question, we don't have much experience of the medical world.

In the midlands we have a MIDOC service which doctors sign up to for out of hours treatment. Check if your area has something similar.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JamesFlynn

Thanks con747,

I wasn't aware of it but when I searched for MIDOC I found there are clinics open - there is a list on the HSE site in case anyone else has the same question:
    https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/GpOutOfHours.aspx

Appreciate the pointer.

Advertisement