Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermediate Switch Lighting removal

Options
  • 22-10-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wonder if i can get some advice.
    I have a hall circuit light controlled by 3 switches. I would like to remove one of the switches thats an intermediate. I understand there are live circuit there and i can`t just cover it and i need to use a blanking plate, so anyone else knows there is a live circuit in the wall.

So my question is i have two cables running coming into this box. All wires are brown. 1st cable goes to L1 and L2 and then the second cable goes into L3 and L4. So can i get a terminal block and connect L1 to L3 and L2 to L4. This i believe would complete the circuit and then act just like a two swicth circuit. But thought i better ask first :)

Thanks in advance Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

lardarse wrote: »
    Hi All,

Wonder if i can get some advice.
    I have a hall circuit light controlled by 3 switches. I would like to remove one of the switches thats an intermediate. I understand there are live circuit there and i can`t just cover it and i need to use a blanking plate, so anyone else knows there is a live circuit in the wall.

So my question is i have two cables running coming into this box. All wires are brown. 1st cable goes to L1 and L2 and then the second cable goes into L3 and L4. So can i get a terminal block and connect L1 to L3 and L2 to L4. This i believe would complete the circuit and then act just like a two swicth circuit. But thought i better ask first :)

Thanks in advance Andy
    Yep that's it but use blanking plate as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

many thanks. I was pretty sure it was, but better to be safe then sorry :)

Advertisement