Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't exit mobile app on Android, even after logging off

Options
  • 22-10-2020 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭

When the new mobile app was launched, I was able to exit the app (by pressing the Android 'Back' button) after logging off but since the most recent update (2.5.4, dated Oct 2nd), I cannot exit the app and have to manually kill it.

I posted a comment in the Play Store and there was a response with a number for your 'mobile support team'. I phoned the number but it appears to be a general purpose help desk. I get left in a queue and I'm not sure I'll get talking to anyone who can help me.

To summarise: I login on my Android 10 (Samsung Galaxy A6 2018) phone, use the app, logout and then the app refuses to close when I press the 'back' button. The new app alowed you to exit (provided you were logged off) before the last update was rolled out in early October.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with our Mobile App. This should be resolved by clearing the 'Cache' on the app. This can be completed by following 'Settings' > 'Apps'> 'BOI Mobile'> 'Storage'> 'Clear Cache'

This should resolve this problem for you, once you have competed the above steps.

If this is not the case, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here again and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with our Mobile App. This should be resolved by clearing the 'Cache' on the app. This can be completed by following 'Settings' > 'Apps'> 'BOI Mobile'> 'Storage'> 'Clear Cache'

This should resolve this problem for you, once you have competed the above steps.

If this is not the case, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here again and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling
    Hi, thanks for the response. I did as advised and cleared the app cache but it has not fixed the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

coylemj wrote: »
    Hi There,

Thanks, Aisling
    Hi, thanks for the response. I did as advised and cleared the app cache but it has not fixed the problem.
    Thanks for getting back to us here. We are very sorry to hear that this did not work for you. 

In this case we would suggest that you try delete and reinstall the app to your mobile device. If having tried this you are experiencing the same issue we would suggest that you call our mobile banking team directly on 0818200362. 

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well. 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement