If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Grilles

Options
  • 22-10-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm missing one grille for a Monitor Audio Silver RX. How much to replace?

Also, is there such a thing as a grille for the Apex AW12 sub?

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Heighway61,

thanks for the post - the AW12 Sub ( Great SUB!) does not come with a Grille and there is no grille available for it direct from Monitor Audio.

The Grilles across the RX series do appear to be available - and are between £44/£54 each depending on model - if you have the exact model and colour you need we will check direct with MA and revert?

Thanks again, keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Hi Heighway61,

thanks for the post - the AW12 Sub ( Great SUB!) does not come with a Grille and there is no grille available for it direct from Monitor Audio.

The Grilles across the RX series do appear to be available - and are between £44/£54 each depending on model - if you have the exact model and colour you need we will check direct with MA and revert?

Thanks again, keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks, John. Not sure about the model. Was sure there would be an email from yourselves from the time of purchase but can't find it. Would you have a record? I can't even give you a year, sorry. It was a good few years ago now.

The reason I was thinking about a grille for the AW12 is that a slight mottling has appeared on the cone. Am concerned about it getting worse. Don't think it's down to damp, the house is dry, I run a dehumidifer to control humidity.

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Heighway61,

unfortunately again no joy on a AW12 grille and I'm not sure what could cause the mottling - it's not an issue I have seen on the AW12 previously - if you want to send us a pic we will fwd to MA to get their input.

On the RX model, it should have a model number on a sticker, generally on the rear speaker terminal housing.

If you don't know which model you purchased and can't find it on the speaker - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your name/ address and we will check it out for you no problem,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I had looked at the back of the speaker but obiously didn't look hard enough. Have the serial number now so will drop you an email. Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I had looked at the back of the speaker but obiously didn't look hard enough. Have the serial number now so will drop you an email. Thanks.
    No problem Heighway61, we'll keep an eye out for it!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.