Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange noise on shut off!

Options
  • 22-10-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I have a 2009 BMW 730d, F01. Just today it starting making a loud clicking sound when I shut off the engine. I have never heard this kind of noise from any other car. It sounds to me like some kind of actuator going back and forth aggressively or something like that.

I tried to leave a link to a youtube video of this noise but boards won't let me. If anyone would care to search for it, it's called "Bmw F01 Noise when shutting off".

Thanks,
    Denis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

Have not seen the video but its most likely the EGR valve doing a self clean procedure on engine shut off .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sined

dkd21 wrote: »
    Have not seen the video but its most likely the EGR valve doing a self clean procedure on engine shut off .

Thanks for the reply. This is a very loud sound that lasts about 5 seconds. I can keep turning on and off and it will do it every time. It never did it before and it really doesn't sound like something that should be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

sined wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. This is a very loud sound that lasts about 5 seconds. I can keep turning on and off and it will do it every time. It never did it before and it really doesn't sound like something that should be happening.

Seeing the video would be a help then if you can link to it in some way

Edit : Just seen it , but yeah sounds abnormal and not one I have come across .Would recommend get it checked out as soon as obviously

sined wrote: »
    dkd21 wrote: »
    Seeing the video would be a help then if you can link to it in some way

Edit : Just seen it , but yeah sounds abnormal and not one I have come across .Would recommend get it checked out as soon as obviously

Getting it checked later today. Thanks

Thanks for the help. I had my mechanic take a look at it seems to be a problem with the throttle valve. Hopefully it will be all taken care of next weekðŸ˜

• Advertisement
Advertisement