Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brain training

• 22-10-2020 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

What kind of games do you guys do for brain training your pets?
    I’ve searched loads for cats but they’re just not enough for Moose. He’s apparently too smart for his own good :pac:
    So far we have 3 puzzle feeders which he prefers to eating food from a bowl, a snuffle mat, and we do some simple trick training. Last night we started with hiding a treat under one of three cups, swapping them around and having him pick the one with the treat. By tonight he already has it mastered. He is highly highly food (dreamie) motivated so more food games would be great if anyone had any suggestions :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

What kind of games do you guys do for brain training your pets?
    I’ve searched loads for cats but they’re just not enough for Moose. He’s apparently too smart for his own good :pac:
    So far we have 3 puzzle feeders which he prefers to eating food from a bowl, a snuffle mat, and we do some simple trick training. Last night we started with hiding a treat under one of three cups, swapping them around and having him pick the one with the treat. By tonight he already has it mastered. He is highly highly food (dreamie) motivated so more food games would be great if anyone had any suggestions :D
    Teach him how to give a high five and play dead when you pretend to shoot him! It's actually surprisingly easy, especially if they're a heroin fiend on the treats. Our boi comes over and gives high fives if he's bored now to chance his arm and engage us. It's hilariously sweet.

Don't feed dreamies too often though, they're 10% "inorganic matter"! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Brain training a cat? Never heard the like! My lot are already far too clever for their own good - and mine!
    One of ,my Siamese used to blackmail me to get yeastvite by leaping on the cane bookcase I had then and threatening to claw it to pieces unless I

Never a user of treats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

s1ippy wrote: »
    Teach him how to give a high five and play dead when you pretend to shoot him! It's actually surprisingly easy, especially if they're a heroin fiend on the treats. Our boi comes over and gives high fives if he's bored now to chance his arm and engage us. It's hilariously sweet.

Don't feed dreamies too often though, they're 10% "inorganic matter"! :/

He already does the high 5 but I must train him to play dead, that sounds like good fun :D the high 5 has kind of backfired though because he comes up and smacks my face when I’m eating dinner.
    I do try and limit the dreamies to when I need to really motivate him, they really are like kitty craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

He already does the high 5 but I must train him to play dead, that sounds like good fun :D the high 5 has kind of backfired though because he comes up and smacks my face when I’m eating dinner.
    I do try and limit the dreamies to when I need to really motivate him, they really are like kitty craic.

Dreamies are scary! I was sent some in last year's Secret Santa and the effect they had.... I hid most of them and will keep them safe until they are maybe needed in a crisis...

My lot are wired enough without any help! Imagine OLIVER on them!

Advertisement