Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBI Thwarted another assassination plot - this time against Joe Biden

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's incorrect political reporting. And their isn't anything partisan about what they said. In fact it is correct, Americans trust in their media is around 40%, and a large problem is due to the inaccuracy and bias in reporting across the political divide.

If they’re nonpartisan where are their tweets correcting inaccurate statements from the right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Overheal wrote: »
    If they’re nonpartisan where are their tweets correcting inaccurate statements from the right?

Such as?

You do realise you sound very Trumpian at the moment, trying to delegitimise a government body because it doesn't suit your political Worldview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Why do you not see them as such? Would it be because it is more convenient to few them as being on the right? The Department of Homeland security doesn't few them as being on the right.

https://twitter.com/dhsgov/status/1274404688276754434?lang=en

As I've said, I don't conflate the extreme ends of the political spectrum with the left or right as a whole, so it's not convenient to me whether they're left, right or centre. The fact they exist alone is an inconvenience.

My impression of the Boogaloo Bois (still can't cope with this name) as extreme right wing rather than extreme left wing is made up of lots of little components really - the term "boogaloo" originated on the /k/ board of 4chan - hardly a bastion of the hard left, they emphasised protection of private property during the George Floyd protests - the far left wouldn't be famous for a love of property rights. The Middlebury Center on Terrorism, Extremism, and Counterterrorism have done some writing on this you might enjoy reading - https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/academics/centers-initiatives/ctec/ctec-publications-0/boogaloo-movement-wants-be-seen-anti-racist

Strange tweet from the DHS - a government agency using language like "mainstream media" has an odd feel to it. The DHS have been accused of trying to downplay right wing extremist threat in the past - interesting story about former DHS analyst Darl Johnson here - https://www.wired.com/2012/08/dhs/. He has accused them of "playing politics" with this tweet.

If you believe their assertion that the group is made up of both far left and far right then why do you think the chaps who plotted to kidnap that governor's ideology lines up with the far left Antifa?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Such as?

Calling Antifa/BLM a terrorist organization for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

spook_cook wrote: »
    Up your hole. I mean that, right up your hole.
    No thanks, I have much higher standards.
    Leaving aside very, very limited situations, there is no justication for violence against anyone imo. How dare you say put words in my mouth.
    Your words are right there:
    spook_cook wrote: »
    Plots of terror come from all political sides and none. That you're attempting to make hay on yours is pretty funny.
    You brought that up, apropos of nothing. You had to try to drag attention away from the subject. So, I drew the only logical, reasonable conclusion from that. Especially given that it's a very common tactic among the right on Boards. As soon as a news story that makes them look bad breaks, they descend to try and drag the thread away from acknowledging it.
    Did you type this one handed?
    Did you really miss the obvious sarcasm that the second part of that sentence indicated? I suppose it's easy to completely misrepresent someone for a LE EPIC ONE LINER XD when you quote only part of a sentence without the full context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sunnib

Plots of terror come from all political sides and none.

As long as they don't come from pazifists -

Advertisement