Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5Km Radius Cycle routes

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

cletus wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's at 5km. You'll only get about half way to Edenderry inside a 5km radius

531145.jpg

Yea, but it should up a loop around Boston hill for you, depending on what end of the town you live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

Im the other end of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Good to see so many Kildare ppl here. Im in Carbury so im stuck with the crossing the bridge into Edenderry (Wuhan) as being just within my 5k. Have turned left at the brige and back by Clougherinkoe as dont want to leave the county.

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Good to see so many Kildare ppl here. Im in Carbury so im stuck with the crossing the bridge into Edenderry (Wuhan) as being just within my 5k. Have turned left at the brige and back by Clougherinkoe as dont want to leave the county.

I think the county thing is gone out the window now, it's just 5km for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 26,050 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Good to see so many Kildare ppl here.

Not often you hear that said : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,050 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

loyatemu wrote: »
    image.png

Sorry kids Daddy won't be home for Christmas this year. Phoenix park is just to big to drive round and Daddy is too posh for the bus to Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

cletus wrote: »
    I think the county thing is gone out the window now, it's just 5km for everyone

Could you interpret it to be a circle of 5km radius butyour house/starting point is on the circumference.....:cool:

Well you could, but I don't see why you would. If you can position your house anywhere you want in relation to the circle, why not just say that you've decided your personal 5km radius circle is 15 mile's away, and you have to cycle to get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I've made a start. There's a lot of road in my 5km.
    https://strava.app.link/n7xBrHlO0ab

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lucky we're not france. their lockdown has a 1km limit for exercise.
    would have made burbing a lot easier, you'd have only had 4% the area to cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Anyone else reminded of walk the wheel in Midnight Express...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

When the limit here was 2km, I had a 25 km "loop", which meant not passing the same point twice, so long as you imagine each side of the road is a separate part of the route. Even though there was a fair few 180 degree turn arounds, I found it more enjoyable than doing say 8 or 9 actual loops to make 25k

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've made a start. There's a lot of road in my 5km.
    https://strava.app.link/n7xBrHlO0ab
    Looks like a postman's Strava activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭this.lad

Grassey wrote: »
    Could you interpret it to be a circle of 5km radius butyour house/starting point is on the circumference.....:cool:

If you did that, and cycled along a diameter, you would end up 10km from home.

The 5k was okay this day last week but having done thoroughly the same route 4 times I'm getting weary of it. Still, it's better than 2k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

this.lad wrote: »
    If you did that, and cycled along a diameter, you would end up 10km from home.

The 5k was okay this day last week but having done thoroughly the same route 4 times I'm getting weary of it. Still, it's better than 2k!

I feel dizzy from my cycle route

Advertisement