Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart TV not showing up when casting

• 23-10-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I have what's probably a very stupid question. I have an LG 43LH590V smart TV. Properly set up on the wifi, as is my phone etc. Recently, whenever I try to cast to it from anything other than YouTube, the TV isn't showing up as an available device, the only option I'm offered is my housemate's TV in her bedroom, which has a Chromecast connected.

Have tried casting from Disney+, Vimeo and Netflix recently, all with the same result. Any ideas???

(Obviously I know I can watch Disney+ and Netflix directly from the apps on the TV, I was just testing them).

Thanks a mill in advance and apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum.

DH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Delta2113

If you haven't re-booted your Tv (kill electricity to it for say 30 secs) in a long time I would try that.

My LG went missing and I was messing around for ages -re-booting my modem -google -checking my P.C. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Casting to YouTube isn't the same as a Chromecast. Same issue on my Samsung. You can Miracast the screen but not CC other apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Try going into the youtube app on the TV and then casting. Also check for app updates in the lg store.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Advertisement