If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a replacement radio...

Options
  • 23-10-2020 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]Way, way back in 2008, in the very first Richer Sounds Open Box sale I bought a fabulous TEAC CRH255. It's still going strong but sadly the remote is on the blink.  I presume you've none hanging around, so I guess I'm looking for something new that won't break the bank.[/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]What I'd like is something to listen to the radio and play music from a USB stick, wireless speakers. Internet radio would be nice. [/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]Any recommendations?[/font]

Also, can you tell me what would I need to get the speakers from the Teac to connect to a Hitachi cp-ax2505 projector or is that possible?

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]John[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Larry Bee wrote: »
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]Way, way back in 2008, in the very first Richer Sounds Open Box sale I bought a fabulous TEAC CRH255. It's still going strong but sadly the remote is on the blink.  I presume you've none hanging around, so I guess I'm looking for something new that won't break the bank.[/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]What I'd like is something to listen to the radio and play music from a USB stick, wireless speakers. Internet radio would be nice. [/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]Any recommendations?[/font]

Also, can you tell me what would I need to get the speakers from the Teac to connect to a Hitachi cp-ax2505 projector or is that possible?

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=tahoma, sans-serif]John[/font]
    Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

Is it a Mini system you'd be looking for, something that you can plug speakers into?

If so I would recommend the Yamaha CRXN470D which has Internet Radio, DAB, USB input, CD Player, Bluetooth input and output and wireless streaming! It's a great unit!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202264-yamaha-crxn470d-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

In terms of the speakers connecting to the Projector - does your projector have an audio output? If it does you could plug a 3.3mm to phono cable from the projector to the Yamaha and plug the passive speakers into the Yamaha?

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Larry Bee

Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

Is it a Mini system you'd be looking for, something that you can plug speakers into?

If so I would recommend the Yamaha CRXN470D which has Internet Radio, DAB, USB input, CD Player, Bluetooth input and output and wireless streaming! It's a great unit!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202264-yamaha-crxn470d-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

In terms of the speakers connecting to the Projector - does your projector have an audio output? If it does you could plug a 3.3mm to phono cable from the projector to the Yamaha and plug the passive speakers into the Yamaha?

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply - sorry, but €300 plus speakers is out of my range.  
    Ah well, back to the drawing board

Thanks very much,
    John

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi John,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply - sorry, but €300 plus speakers is out of my range.  
    Ah well, back to the drawing board

Thanks very much,
    John
     John,

No problem at all!

Does the unit need to come with a CD player? You could get a stand alone wireless speaker that has Bluetooth and DAB like the Ruark R1 for £199?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202957-ruark-r1-mk3-walnut-portable-bluetooth-dab-fm-radio.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Sorry about the long delay in getting aback to you - the Missus broke her leg and things have been a bit hectic over the last week or two.

The Ruark won't suit as it doesn't play MP3s What is the best price you can give me on the Panasonic SAPMX82?

Thanks
    John

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David,

Sorry about the long delay in getting aback to you - the Missus broke her leg and things have been a bit hectic over the last week or two.

The Ruark won't suit as it doesn't play MP3s What is the best price you can give me on the Panasonic SAPMX82?

Thanks
    John
    Hey Larry Bee.

Thanks for coming back to us.

I could offer the X82 for £215 or 245 Euro delivered.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204975-panasonic-sapmx82-black-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

You would require speakers to go with it something like the Monitor Audio Bronze which are reduced to 119 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12897-monitor-audio-bronze-1-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Thanks
    John
    Hey Larry Bee.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204975-panasonic-sapmx82-black-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

You would require speakers to go with it something like the Monitor Audio Bronze which are reduced to 119 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12897-monitor-audio-bronze-1-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Can you tell me whats the difference between Panasonic SAPMX82 and the Panasonic SCPMX82?  
    The SAPMX82 is approx £100 more expensive and comes without speakers - what am I missing? :)

Thanks,
    John

Hi David,

Thanks
    John
    Hey Larry Bee.

Hi Kenny,

Can you tell me whats the difference between Panasonic SAPMX82 and the Panasonic SCPMX82?  
    The SAPMX82 is approx £100 more expensive and comes without speakers - what am I missing? :)

Thanks,
    John
    Hey John.

It seems to be a glitch in the Matrix :)

Both the head units are the same product but it gets cheaper if you buy it with the speakers :eek:

Hey John.

Both the head units are the same product but it gets cheaper if you buy it with the speakers :eek:

Hi Kenny,
    I think I'll have to take advantage of that glitch. What's the best way to go about ordering it?

Thanks
    John

Hey John.

Hi Kenny,
    I think I'll have to take advantage of that glitch. What's the best way to go about ordering it?

Thanks
    John
    Hey Larry Bee.

It would however seem that the speaker packer version is out of stock and that's why the "Buy it Now" button has been removed.

Nothing showing on our incoming stock list but I'll see if there is any up date over the next few days once the Black Friday rush has died down a little.

Hey Larry Bee.

It would however seem that the speaker packer version is out of stock and that's why the "Buy it Now" button has been removed.

Nothing showing on our incoming stock list but I'll see if there is any up date over the next few days once the Black Friday rush has died down a little.

Awww no. Sure let me know how you get on. Thanks,
    John

• Advertisement

Hey Larry Bee.

Awww no. Sure let me know how you get on. Thanks,
    John
    No problem Larry Bee.

I'll keep an eye on my stock update list for it and let you know :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.