Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Wide Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

tusk wrote: »
    was actually cheaper, but who needs to know aye? :cool:

If I die and my Wife sells the stuff for price I said I did purchase it would loose quite few nickels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ok, I really need to upgrade that ring. The mad bitch just went and bought it!!!

Hallelujah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Lurching wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly which Vesa stand this is? Any single leg one I can find only goes up to 32".

Looks like Duronic to me.
    None of them are rated for more than 32in, but it's more about the weight, rather than size, when you want to mount only one monitor. For multi-monitor mounts, size is important, but not for the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lurching wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly which Vesa stand this is? Any single leg one I can find only goes up to 32".

I have a G9 49". I find it great as I have it setup on a USB-C docking station, meaning I can run my work Dell tablet and my personal MacBook Pro.
    I find the standard stand takes up a lot of desk real estate.

definitely duronic if you zoom in. they take upto 8kg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-Monitor-DM151X1-Single-Adjustable-Black-1/dp/B07QGBDNTS/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=duronic&qid=1607436646&refinements=p_89%3ADuronic&rnid=1632651031&s=computers&sr=1-23

probably get one with as few extensions as possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

probably get one with as few extensions as possible ?

Looks like they are all rated for 8kg, whether one arm, two arms, and even three arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I'd say its a fair bit more than 8kg, but if it's been done before, I may as well try it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have teh alienware 34" on it's way to me, has a healthy discount already and my other half works for dell so got a nice price. thought my 27" non UW was big when i got it so looking forward to trying this, hopefully have it in a few days. should stetch the 3090's legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0866C4BM7?utm_campaign=camelizer&utm_medium=extension&utm_source=chrome&utm_content=chart&utm_term=UK-B0866C4BM7

I was too slow again. I am really considering buying the g9 but annoyed with myself for missing the cyber monday deal of nearly €250 off.

mossym wrote: »
    have teh alienware 34" on it's way to me, has a healthy discount already and my other half works for dell so got a nice price. thought my 27" non UW was big when i got it so looking forward to trying this, hopefully have it in a few days. should stetch the 3090's legs.

Is it the AW3420DW you got and how much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

3440 x 1440? A few days ago I might have said the 3090 was overkill, but based on everyone losing their minds on Cyberpunk's requirements, you might well need the 3090 to play at 1440p (+ultrawide) with ray-tracing, settings on ultra etc.

Have the LG 34" ultrawide and love it. How big it appears is - obviously a bit dependent on how far back you sit from it. Given its size, I tend to sit back a bit further than I did from the previous screen, so some of the "my God it's huge" effect is lost. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

buzzerxx wrote: »
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0866C4BM7?utm_campaign=camelizer&utm_medium=extension&utm_source=chrome&utm_content=chart&utm_term=UK-B0866C4BM7

I was too slow again. I am really considering buying the g9 but annoyed with myself for missing the cyber monday deal of nearly €250 off.

They're not as good as the G9, but Elara have the C49HG90DMU and C49RG90SSU in stock.

Also Asus STRIX XG43VQ

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Is it the AW3420DW you got and how much did it cost?

yeah, it's on sale right now for 1159 down from 1450. got a similar discount again thanks to my wife, so knocked a fair whack off.

who_me wrote: »
    3440 x 1440? A few days ago I might have said the 3090 was overkill, but based on everyone losing their minds on Cyberpunk's requirements, you might well need the 3090 to play at 1440p (+ultrawide) with ray-tracing, settings on ultra etc.

Have the LG 34" ultrawide and love it. How big it appears is - obviously a bit dependent on how far back you sit from it. Given its size, I tend to sit back a bit further than I did from the previous screen, so some of the "my God it's huge" effect is lost. :)

from what i've seen i'd suspect you're right on cyberpunk, the 3090 should be able to drive the UW but it's not going to be the overkill it looked a couple of weeks ago

I've pulled the trigger and ordered the Sammy G9 odyssey off amazon.
    cost 1066.66 sterling excluding vat which i wont have to pay since its being used for work (sometimes) and im registered for vat. No idea yet when it will arrive but i am worried now if it will survive the journey here across Europe which is why i didnt buy it from amazon on cyber monday 250 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ForestFire

New screen arrived and setup :D

535851.jpg

Last thing now is a decent GPU!!

still no dispatch, or delivery date for my G9 order, so now i''m considering cancelling, and getting the in-stock LS49RG instead.

SkBJNNal.jpg

2PJI10dl.jpg

M5A0uLtl.jpg

34" Alienware arrived. loving it. now have another 27" IPS panel to the right hand side and happy out with the setup. UW makes such a difference in games, and the image on the AW is incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

still no dispatch, or delivery date for my G9 order, so now i''m considering cancelling, and getting the in-stock LS49RG instead.

From Amazon? Ordered mine on Black Friday and got it on Saturday so ~2 weeks lead time it seems. Definitely worth the wait though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ForestFire wrote: »
    New screen arrived and setup :D

This is the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

SkBJNNal.jpg

2PJI10dl.jpg

M5A0uLtl.jpg

34" Alienware arrived. loving it. now have another 27" IPS panel to the right hand side and happy out with the setup. UW makes such a difference in games, and the image on the AW is incredible.

Looks nice. How do you find the curve UW screen with the vertical screen beside it? Have you always had a vertiacla monitor? Kind of tempted to repurpose my AOC G2460p that way.

I've gone with the curved Iiyama 34"
    https://www.box.co.uk/iiyama-G-Master-Red-Eagle-GB3466WQSU-B1-_2961160.html

• Advertisement

deconduo wrote: »
    From Amazon? Ordered mine on Black Friday and got it on Saturday so ~2 weeks lead time it seems. Definitely worth the wait though :D

Yeah Amazon. Now it's saying it's in stock on the page, but still no dates. Ordered on the 8th.

If i cancel and go for the other one, it will be here by the 22nd.

Looks nice. How do you find the curve UW screen with the vertical screen beside it? Have you always had a vertiacla monitor? Kind of tempted to repurpose my AOC G2460p that way.

I've gone with the curved Iiyama 34"
    https://www.box.co.uk/iiyama-G-Master-Red-Eagle-GB3466WQSU-B1-_2961160.html

never used a vertical before, taking a bit of getting used to it alright, but this is also my wfh setup so have my work laptop configured to used it all as well and it is very handy for email/documents. have the other 27 now on the other side of the UW so find myself using all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ForestFire

ED E wrote: »
    This is the way.

This is the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So im considering a new monitor, currently have a Dell S2716DG 27" 2560x1440 G-Sync 144Hz and its been fantastic but im thinking something bigger for immersion.

A quick glance around i keep seeing two mentioned for what im willing to pay ie €600 approx.

Gigabyte G34WQC
    Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 [im worried about flickering issues]

I see the Dark Matter mentioned which also looks good.
    I also spotted this AOC CU34G2X/BK 34 , i had an AOC before and it was excellent.

Open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Iiyama is the only one I'd be relatively happy that the flicker is fixed. It only seems to be an issue under 48FPS where Freesync doesn't work anyway. I fixed the flicker on my Dark Matter 34" in Cyberpunk and TW:WH2 by lowering the refresh to 120Hz. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I dropped below 40FPS @ 120Hz it would start up again.

€600 is a lot to be paying for this class of monitor though. I had the Iiyama ordered for under £400 delivered and cancelled it for the Dark Matter @ €356.

Dcully wrote: »
    So im considering a new monitor, currently have a Dell S2716DG 27" 2560x1440 G-Sync 144Hz and its been fantastic but im thinking something bigger for immersion.

A quick glance around i keep seeing two mentioned for what im willing to pay ie €600 approx.

Gigabyte G34WQC
    Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 [im worried about flickering issues]

I see the Dark Matter mentioned which also looks good.
    I also spotted this AOC CU34G2X/BK 34 , i had an AOC before and it was excellent.

Open to suggestions.

Put all names in jar and pick up one blindly? :)
    They all have their pros and cons, most of the UW in this price use the same VA panel, besides the Dark Matter and Iiyama GB3461. First use Samsung dot panel, should have better backlight and second use IPS.
    I went with GB3461 as I need flat screen for work, besides that not much to complain, some IPS bleed and uneven backlight glow but for that price, 400€ cant really say a bad word.
    Like Kiki mentioned earlier, theres gonna be CES in January, some new UW could show up. There are already some leaks, like AOC 49 UW. If You are not in a hurry maybe it would be better to wait?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes waiting might be an option, until i get itchy feet again :P

Having said that the dark matter at that price is hard to ignore if i could actually get for that price.
    I am also tempted to stick with 16:9 2560x1440 maybe in a bigger curved screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Yeah Amazon. Now it's saying it's in stock on the page, but still no dates. Ordered on the 8th.

If i cancel and go for the other one, it will be here by the 22nd.

Word of warning if Brexit happens and delivery is in January you might get hit for VAT/Duty etc.

literally just saw this and was about to get them to ring me and the delivery date updated to 2nd of jan. What will this mean for me?

• Advertisement

literally just saw this and was about to get them to ring me and the delivery date updated to 2nd of jan. What will this mean for me?

Possible €€€+ to pay. Its unknown really, some say there wont be any duties some say opposite.
    How much was the monitor?

Advertisement