Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused with my Three Pay as You go. Please help.

• 24-10-2020 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I currently have a Pay as you go Three set up on my phone, and I have set up my voice mail on it. In the past, I've had access to my voice mail messages, although I don't get many. My account is 3 prepay 20 and I always top up before my allowances expire. For some reason I now can't access my voicemail messages, and I have doctors leaving me messages and I don't know which appointment is on or off. I contacted Three through chat and despite chatting with three different people they couldn't tell me what I need to do to access my messages. I topped up on October 16th, and then in confusion, I topped up 20, on October 22, to try and get access to my voice messages. I'm sorry I'm a bit older and I don't understand. I went to the website to try and figure out what prepay plan gives me access to voicemail, I searched the community forum, I can't understand why the message says I don't have enough on my account to get access to voice mail. Please could someone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cathlo wrote: »
    I currently have a Pay as you go Three set up on my phone, and I have set up my voice mail on it. In the past, I've had access to my voice mail messages, although I don't get many. My account is 3 prepay 20 and I always top up before my allowances expire. For some reason I now can't access my voicemail messages, and I have doctors leaving me messages and I don't know which appointment is on or off. I contacted Three through chat and despite chatting with three different people they couldn't tell me what I need to do to access my messages. I topped up on October 16th, and then in confusion, I topped up 20, on October 22, to try and get access to my voice messages. I'm sorry I'm a bit older and I don't understand. I went to the website to try and figure out what prepay plan gives me access to voicemail, I searched the community forum, I can't understand why the message says I don't have enough on my account to get access to voice mail. Please could someone help?

You must be on a plan that charges for voicemail. Try top up by €5 and that should resolve it but I would look to move to one of the other plans that don't charge for it.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Don't top up by 20 if plan is still active. 5e top up will allow calls to voicemail.

Three is probably the least suitable option for PAYG unless you need unlimited data. AFAIK none of their PAYG plans include free voicemail.

Vodafone PAYG and 48 PAYG voicemail calls are free on their plans.

Vodafone Chat Extra plan costs 20e per 28 days (same cost as three).

48 costs 7.99 per month.

If your phone is locked to three then it would need to be unlocked to use a SIM from any other network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Cathlo wrote: »

Instead of sailing 171 to go to your voice mail , put a 5 before your phone number after the 08X. Example if your phone number is 086-1234567, dial 086-51234567. This will take you straight to your voicemail. When the message is playing press the # button. You will be asked to enter your pin. This is a free way of ringing voicemail if you have minutes included on your plan. And you can do this from any phone , doesn’t have to be your mobile

Advertisement