Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm much preferring this on a Hirsch NATO(now discontinued) compared to the bracelet.

534785.jpg

Sadly, it definitely needs a service. So after today I'll remove the battery and send it away to be sorted in the new year.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

blue5000 wrote: »
    I've been tempted in the past, but so far resisted. I think that's the first one from Doc in this parish. Any chance of some more info? Enjoy.

I had been watching out for the Polar White Barracuda for about 6 months after I saw a graphic render of the design. I had actually put my name down on a wait list with Serious Watches, which I thought was a bit dramatic, but I see now that they are sold out of this no date version so in hindsight it was probably a good decision. NTH made 50 of the no date version and 50 of the date version. It looks like there are still some of the date version left. They only went on sale 2 weeks ago so it will be interesting to see how long they last.

To be honest they are a bit expensive for a Miyota movement, but it does feel quality in the hand and is a very well built watch. I like that it is its own watch and not as much of a homage as some of the other NTH designs. With that said, I am on the look out for a second hand Nacken Modern Black... if I spot one at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

My Stowa fleiger and latest reading material.

534932.JPG

An interesting book (originally published in 1964 in German) but I don't like the writing style and I'm speed-reading it for the 'meaty' content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rooting through a draw the other day and found a watch my father wore circa 70s or 80s. It started up straight away after a few shakes of the wrist. Unfortunately the leather strap was poor so I replaced that today.
    Keeping great time throughout the day. I can't seem to change the day (Stuck on Friday) but the date works fine.

I love the dial. Amazing that it's been stuck in that draw for maybe 20 years.

Hope I can get this photo up.

534954.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Maybe try(if you haven't already of course) this; pull the crown to the date setting position and turn it the opposite way to advancing the date. That's how a couple of my 70's day/dates work.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Bought from a boardsie and just back from service. Nice!

Must try out a few strap options. I like the bracelet and I think the watch 'wants' the bracelet but I'll try a few anyway.

535043.JPG

Edit: I'll try and work on my photo skills too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭893bet

Good as new! Bracelet is top notch on this model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

Bought from a boardsie and just back from service. Nice!

Must try out a few strap options. I like the bracelet and I think the watch 'wants' the bracelet but I'll try a few anyway.

SNIP

Edit: I'll try and work on my photo skills too.

Where did you send for service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

My current lot, now contained within Mr. Lidl's €12.99 watch box.

image4opt.jpg

I've ended up with a fairly broad mix of face colours and straps, so something for all occasions. Am covered for driving, sailing, diving or returning some videotapes.

I have the wrist size of a teenager so anything above 40mm pretty much looks ridiculous on me.

Stowa Marine Classic 40 - Picked this up on here recently. Nice clean look and top notch value. Swapped the black strap for a brown croco which gives it a bit of a lift I think.

Tag Heuer Monaco WW2110 - A present from my wife so is a keeper. Originally planned to get the chrono version, but tried it on and there was a bit more heft to it. The basic auto felt better on the wrist so that's what she got me.

Omega Seamaster 2531.8000 - Bought this in the UK over a decade ago. Was my first ever nice watch so is another keeper. Still my favorite Seamaster model from a design point of view. As you can see from the odd ding or mark, it has seen a lot of wrist time, all-round great watch.

Rolex Datejust 36 16233 - Does make you look a bit like a Miami coke dealer from the 80s but it's a classic and makes me smile so that's all that counts. One for a sunny day.

The Braun (Classic Calendar if I remember correctly) is from a few years ago when I was away and needed a watch in a hurry one day, it was on sale and I like the look of it. Never gets worn but the box has space for six so in it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

An empty space is always dangerous :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Thirdfox wrote: »

That's two empty spaces, one in the box, one on the wrist. An untenable situation Kev :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Recognise the Rolex. Had it been FullaDaPipes?

mailforkev wrote: »
    My current lot, now contained within Mr. Lidl's €12.99 watch box.

I got the square one too. It holds part of my current lot.

535123.JPG

It's sitting on the landing beside my other one and I'm waiting to see how long before the wife notices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thirdfox wrote: »

A brand new empty watch box with spaces for 6 more watches would be even more dangerous :eek:.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Still IMO the best field-watch you can buy for less than €100.
    535209.JPG
    Citizen Eco-Drive BM8180-03E on a new 2-piece Archer canvas strap.
    535219.JPG
    ^Better Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Where did you send for service?

LWR in London as they seemed the nearest and actually contactable service centre. Everyone seemingly having large backlogs due to covid. As it turned out even LWR passed it on to Omega in Southhampton. 7 weeks in total and from what I hear thats as quick as you're going to get a full service/repair these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

New arrival yesterday. Omega Speedmaster Professional. I went for the sapphire sandwich version. Pictures don't do these watches justice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pictures not showing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Try a different browser. They are fine in Firefox.

Birneybau wrote: »

If you are at work they might be blocking image sharing sites. I had that where i used to work.

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Funny they were showing up for me, but not any more and in different browsers too. :confused:

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny they were showing up for me, but not any more and in different browsers too. :confused:

very strange alright I can only see it in chrome not in any other browser. il try reupload from a different image sharing website

85LDvTf.jpg

D3kvyWz.jpg

DEAqNSY.jpg

1R29giU.jpg

QJep45A.jpg

KizhzD2.jpg

YIJC02G.jpg

Works for me now. :) I've seen similar before with images stored with google. Might explain why it works in chrome? Though it didn't for me.

yup originally it was on google pics:o, on imgur now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I was thinking "the pics *really* don't do it justice" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Looks smashing, I think that’s where I’ll be going next, hope to pick one up over the next few months, not decided re hesalite or sapphire, will probably be going new, and seeing what country I can get the best deal in. Brown leather is on my list of straps for it. Health to wear

Nice piece.

I've got room in my box for that watch but I haven't got room in my house for that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭scwazrh

New arrival yesterday. Omega Speedmaster Professional. I went for the sapphire sandwich version. Pictures don't do these watches justice :D

Well wear , I have the Hesalite and love it . I’m not mad on the white ring you can see on the sapphire but the finished movement from the other side is gorgeous

scwazrh wrote: »
    Well wear , I have the Hesalite and love it . I’m not mad on the white ring you can see on the sapphire but the finished movement from the other side is gorgeous

Cheers.
    I know what you mean i was concerned about it too but you dont see the ring 99% of the time. Its only if absolutely looking directly at it. Which you would never do when on the wrist , unless u wanted to look like a psyqo :P:D
    Its only noticible if you leave it down on the counter and look directly at it. It also looks bigger in pictures than in reality

• Advertisement

A little something for the weekend sir?

535303.JPG

Timex Weekender

Advertisement