Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I think the BB58 looks great on you. What's your wrist size? To me it's the perfect size diver.

Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks small to me too. About an average 7" wrist or slightly smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

No heavy hitters as such but I’m fairly happy with the way my collection is going . There’s a good number of watches but the few times I’ve sold I regret it .I’m also very fickle in my taste so what I wear today I might not like tomorrow but will love the next day.Like all wis I never stop adding to the “next watch list “

Spot on unk - just under 7” It was a good bit chunkier but shedding 5 stone has helped bring it back in the normal range .I’ve a 46mm Hamilton pilots watch that I used to wear a lot but just looks silly on my wrist now .

cheers - it’s certainly an easy watch to wear in this size . I’ve the BB gmt which is a chunk compared to this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Really glad I got this back up to full health, and didn't bugger it up trying! 😀

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,773 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That watch and the effort you've put into keeping it original and running really has paid off IMO.

I'm wearing my Citizen Jp3050 today. I tend to go dual-time/GMT whenever I have a watch that offers it. Spend a lot of time messing about on US markets and having an eye on NY time gives me an inflated sense of ego 🤨🤣

It is currently letting me know that I'm above sea-level via the upward arrow on top-left of the Digi display. Albeit up in bed! All of 23mtrs above sea-level. The new crystal really has reinforced my grà for this one.

It was a Father's Day present to me from my wife a few months after our son was born. The sentimental value this has to me, is honestly priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So I went with the speedy reduced in the end. Tried on a moon watch and as lovely as it is, I couldn't quite justify paying twice the price.

Managed to nab a 1998 model with original box, bracelet, leather strap and warranty card. Only the one owner before me from new (He bought it in Weirs, so says the card) and barely wore it. Still has the protective sticker on the case back.

Chucked it on a G10 Nato strap for now. Quite happy with the size versus my 6.5 inch wrists, folks say it wears small (it certainly wears smaller than the Flieger I usually wear!) but it's actually a nice changeup from the dinner plates I'm used to having on my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Looks great, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

The clasp on that bracelet is amazing. Much nicer than the version on the standard 42mm model.

The Speedy is a strap monster. I must have about 10 different straps that it looks well on, from cognac brown to burgundy. It also looks brilliant on any black leather strap. I've been tempted many times to get the OEM crocodile strap for mine but can't justify the 600 blips it costs when I have at least two other black leather straps that look similar. Possibly the most comfortable strap on my Speedy is the velcro nato one that came in the box. I got someone to cut it down and re-sew the labels on it so it doesn't loop around my wrist but fits like a normal strap. I've probably ruined the original aesthetic of it, but who is going to wear a velcro strap looped several times around their wrist?

Post edited by fulladapipes on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭893bet

You are only supposed to wear that Velcro when you are in your space suit🤟.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭micks_address

Zealande strap arrived today. First impressions are it's nice but a tad on the short side.. didn't see an option to order a longer one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

looks good mick, would you want it longer than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I don't know if it's an age thing, but my taste in watches has changed a lot in the past few years. When I was younger I loved busy dials, loads of functions and complications. Now though, I'm finding the more pared back the watch is, the better.

Take the Globemaster for example. I've been wearing this almost daily whilst working remotely. I don't need any additional functions whilst working, just a legible face for a quick glance at the date and time. No matter the angle, or light, it's easy to read instantly.

its grand but wouldnt want to be any shorter. Will give it a few days to see how it beds in. Watch inevitably feels much lighter on it. for 150 euro versus 400 for the omega oem its probably a no brainer. I wonder would the omega buckle fit it

The colour is a very good match for the watch . I reckon the bracelet suits the watch better though and with the adjustable clasp I would guess its more comfortable ..

Its not age , its experience !! Sure we're all only young lads around here . Maybe slightly rounder , little bit balding and bad eyesight but... young lads all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Looks very tight in those pictures. I'd expect the hand to go blue in time (to match the watch).

Me personally I'd like to fit an index finger between strap and wrist easily. Not so loose that the watch can slide up and down or around even but certainly not in any way tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

the rubber is definitely more comfortable.. makes the watch a lot lighter

• Advertisement

its grand.. i can slide my finger under it at the buckle and it has a little stretch to it.. its a fickle thing.. id be complaining if it was to long as well... about one more cm would have probably been perfect.. but the shortness doesnt detract from the comfort.. for reference im about 7.25 inch wrist give or take

just checking dimensions and the zealande is 11.5 and 8.3cm The Omega oem is 12 and 8.5 so .7cm more on the omega which would just look a bit better on my wrist size but not significantly longer.. ah well... i might be tempted to get the omega at some point if i seen a deal on one

I’m on a bit of a Tudor buzz at the moment .Got offered this pre owned but unworn and from an AD .Black bay chrono dark 79360DK .Its a limited edition in conjunction with the all blacks rugby team , on release there was 1181 pieces in 2019 and another piece will be released each time another player is capped , so as of today there are no more than 1199 pieces in the world.Needless to say the few pieces that are released each year for each new player aren’t going to be sitting in the shop windows.

Im trying to research this but I’m told it is also the first limited edition range from the Tudor / Rolex group for general sale .All the other limited editions have been commissions for a group or organisation .Not 100% certain about that yet but suffice to say theres a far higher chance of getting a Rolex at retail than there is of getting this at retail so there was no way I was passing it up.

it’s the same as a standard black bay chrono except it is finished in black pvd and the bracelet doesn’t have the faux rivets .A Tudor bracelet without the rivets is near exactly the same as the Rolex oyster bracelet so maybe that’s the main reason for the so unliked fake rivets being on the bracelet.It seems to wear smaller than the panda .My photo doesn’t do it justice , it’s much nicer on the wrist .

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

My first set of tools arrived today! I was like a kid at Christmas :) I ended up buying tools from Cousins in the UK, thankfully didn't get hit with customs. Tried to replicate what I used at the week course at the BHI.

Didn't cheap out on tweezers, went with Dumont No 3 which are a joy to use, definitely worth the extra, couldn't step up to Bergeon screwdrivers, but the cousins branded are every bit as good!

The movement holder is a bit too big, but I didn't know what sizes I would need if working on pocket watches so better to have the size.

The watch I used was a Chinese nock off Rolex ( hope it's okay to post, don't support fakes) I got from a friend who gave it to me to practice, I know I shouldn't have a fake, but the Timex that @NIMAN kindly gave me, Richard Askham explained to me that the movement is riveted together

wasn't designed to be taken apart so will wait until I get more practice before tackling, better to risk destroying something I don't care about!

I have a lot of Russian watches on there way from Bulgaria to get practice on!

Here's some pictures of the disambley

The dial, rather than using screws and clips, was just glued onto the movement!

Will attempt to reassemble it tomorrow, absolutely fantastic to be finally practicing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really cool @IrishPlayer I'm sure people here could have donated cheap autos for you to practice on

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi man !

I have fake chronometer with issues with movement - PM me if interested, I could post it to you to practice.

Tom

Post edited by Wibbs on

In Belfast again today. Had no plans to go look at watches, just came across Lunn's in the Victoria centre. Glad to get the yachtmaster finally out of my system. As you can see, it's far too small for me

• Advertisement

Post edited by Wibbs on

Advertisement