Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Deep Thought's purchase got me thinking about fliegers (again). IWC are out of my league (the XVI and XVIII are very wantable), but when you look around there is great value to be had in other brands. I know two of these below are probably too small at 36mm for most people, but they're still pretty cool.

First up, an Archemede

Second, a Stowa 36mm at €925.

And finally, and probably the best value of the bunch, is a Laco Augsberg 39mm at €340. That's a bit of a bargain.

I have the Tissell that nj posted below you and I have to say it is quite a lot of watch for the money I paid. Maybe one day I'll swap it out for one of the higher end Stowa or Laco fliegers but at the moment it certainly scratches the itch and didn't break the bank.

Having looked at the Laco Augsburg just before I got the Tissell, the main issue I had was that it wasn't a sterile dial and the numerals are actually a shade of light green, not white. A small thing, but it would have driven me crazy.

I was actually looking at Archimede fliegers yesterday, the bronzed versions. They were all hitting the €1000 mark or above. While they were nice, I couldn't help but think if you're going to pay that much, why not just add another hundred or so and get a Stowa/Laco and the historic connection to those designs? Horses for courses I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

@RoyCropper.
    It's a BN0151-09L, comes with a navy dial and PU strap. 44mm diameter so it pretty chunky. The black variant is BN0150-28E. Solar powered e268 movement, my watch check app has it at +4.1 seconds since the end of summer time 31st October, that's a rate of 36 seconds a year.

It was flagged on the bargains thread here at 125$ on amazon.com. it would make a nice gift as it comes in a little scuba tank. The citizen steel bracelet was 85 dollars on eBay from Canada. There are fakes for sale on aliexpress for $40.

I wear it a good bit, the navy dial and orange second hand give it a nice splash. I have worn it diving too, it's ISO6425 certified. The blueish lume performs well. It's one of my more favored pieces.

One more thing, there's a huge thread on watchuseek on them, lots of strap options and there's a mod to a domed crystal if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

New OEM gator for the DSOTM (this is the strap from the sedna gold version)

i like it

EfFDAtM.jpg

TnD8wRn.jpg

tDmCJ3a.jpg

wgf3HEF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Cyrus wrote: »
    New OEM gator for the DSOTM (this is the strap from the sedna gold version)

i like it

That is gorgeous.

Your shirt needs an iron. ;)

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    That is gorgeous.

Your shirt needs an iron. ;)

ill have you know that shirt is ironed to within an inch of its life :eek:

but its not one of the ones that has a slightly bigger cuff on the watch side so its getting crumpled behind the dsotm :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Re the Stowa fleiger... keep eye out for their used and checked sale..
    I picked up one half price during the summer and I passed on here at cost..watch was brand new..great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

ill have you know that shirt is ironed to within an inch of its life :eek:

but its not one of the ones that has a slightly bigger cuff on the watch side so its getting crumpled behind the dsotm :rolleyes::D

I'd have a word with your gentleman's gentleman. You need to have your cuffs and your wrist wear better coordinated. :)

It's so hard to get good help these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

I never knew that was a thing.

Love this thread, but it constantly reminds me that I'm a mere peasant.

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

scotchy wrote: »

Makes two of us. With the cuffs open I can't roll up the sleeves on one of my Levi's shirts, my forearms are too thick:o.

536390.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

scotchy wrote: »

proper cloth ;) made to measure shirts, not mad money for the regular fabrics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a class combo Cyrus. Very subtle balance between sportiness and understated style.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Loving the DSOTM and that strap is just class, Omega is my absolute favourite brand.

And I like this thread as it's simply an escape from the madness of a LOT of the other threads, seems sedate in here, it may as well have some light classical music in the background and people shushing anyone making loud noises.

Good work.

And I like this thread as it's simply an escape from the madness of a LOT of the other threads, seems sedate in here, it may as well have some light classical music in the background and people shushing anyone making loud noises.

Good work.

don't be telling too many people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

proper cloth ;) made to measure shirts, not mad money for the regular fabrics.

Just bought myself a shirt.

536396.JPG

SRPE53

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Issey-Tudor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

, it may as well have some light classical music in the background and people shushing anyone making loud noises.

Good work.

Cigars and a selection of fine whiskeys too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭banie01

cnocbui wrote: »
    SNIP

I like his scent, never tried his shirts :P
    That is a lovely watch BTW, really nice.
    On reflection, I have 5/6 suits and a load of shirts and apart from a wedding 2 yrs ago...
    Its been ages since I "needed" to wear either.

Roll on graduation I suppose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

blue5000 wrote: »
    Makes two of us. With the cuffs open I can't roll up the sleeves on one of my Levi's shirts, my forearms are too thick:o.

536390.jpg

Confucius he say "Man who goes to bed with itchy bum......wakes with smelly finger"

Pardon the copy photos wibbs it would seem out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Am sure I posted this before. I never realise how dirty my watches are till I take a pic of them.

Anyway, all cleaned up now.

Also, was able to leave the left cuff of the jacket looser than than the right one:o:)

83huqYu.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Same here for my Omega PO, I took a brown leather and blue croc and they both looked fine, the blue in particular. Then one day I put the steel bracelet back on and just thought it looked too good to swap again.

Same here I only lasted a couple of days. Especially the navy leather strap looks quite good I feel. But still. Bracelet is back on.

It had to be done.

Anyone interested in a lovely dark brown racing leather strap from Meyhofer by any chance? 19mm to 18mm for clasp. :D

Good price cos I already fitted the Omega clasp meaning I had to put a put a hole into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Still rocking the Tressa this week

IMG-20201218-104415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Get that Milgauss back on your skinny wrist! :pac:

That Tressa has a challenging aesthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Fitz II wrote: »

As someone who's not really a fan of gold watches, the aesthetic is a challenge from there for me. The dial is a bit busy for my taste

Although I think Stockholm Syndrome might be setting in as I don't mind it nearly as much as I did when. Really don't like the flat end link of the bracelet so will likely throw more money at it get a one with curved end links.

It was a strange impulse purchase to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭893bet

That’s very diplomatic way of putting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Arrived the other day and very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BurntAsh

Re the Stowa fleiger... keep eye out for their used and checked sale..
    I picked up one half price during the summer and I passed on here at cost..watch was brand new..great value

Don't get your hopes up too high. I've been checking in on their used watches page every couple of days since the summer sale and there hasn't been a thing added since.

Arrived the other day and very happy with it.

Nice looking watch that, is that the one that was on adverts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

893bet wrote: »
    That’s very diplomatic way of putting it.

I'm jealous;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Ryath

BurntAsh wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up too high. I've been checking in on their used watches page every couple of days since the summer sale and there hasn't been a thing added since.

Being checking regularly myself. Still gutted I missed out on a B Uhr. Their current advent sale is demo/exhibition watches but the discounts aren't as high and a lot of the models so far have had upgraded movements/hands so weren't much cheaper than the standard version. Still holding out hope a good offer will come up.

In hind-site I possibly should have bought Micks when he offered it. I still do like the A dial version a lot and I might have been able to trade/swap it for a B dial at some point in the future.

Advertisement