Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

Finally got my hands on this. Delighted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Seiko Sunday out for a pint of black stuff

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is that your 1st Guinness?

You're on your back already!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Happy Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Added a sapphire case-back to my Hesalite 3861. Best of both worlds now, and it's easy to swap between the two if desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Family is growing added a Turtle to go with my Samurai and Monster. Have wanted a Pepsi watch for a long time so this ticks two boxes. Should have bought both the SKX007 and SKX009 when they were cheap but this is a better watch. Really liking the case it is a classic seiko shape and it's very comfortable and does wear smaller than the dimensions suggest.

It is very much a blue sunburst dial but inside in artificial light it can look almost black. Not sure sure whether to get another Crafter Blue or the OEM Seiko silicone strap. Really like the crafter blue on the samurai but the Seiko one will fit both.

Strap options Crafter Blue CB08 and CB12 or the OEM Seiko

Post edited by Ryath on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Nice collection! I find the OEM Seiko rubber strap much softer and more comfortable than the Crafter Blue. I think the actual strap code is Z22 for all of them, but the prospex ones have upgraded hardware (pretty sure the one that came on the prospex padi samurai is R02F011J0).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Make sure you don’t get the SKX z22 anyway. That thing is made from fisher price plastic

I enjoyed the crafter blue fitted strap when I had it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This arrived yesterday have always wanted to try one, the blue dial comes with a titanium case, not as light as others I have tried so wears well and as has been said about these before they wear smaller than 45mm, the strap is also very comfortable and the peli case is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Always wanted to know the manufacturer of the Blancpain sailcloth straps. Any ideas? Fabulous watch!

• Advertisement

Sorry I’m not sure apparently the artem ones are pretty good for after market.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This one came, and went out fairly soon afterwards.

I loved its retro look, and the dial, and as I only tend to wear watches up to a max of 38mm, I thought I'd take a punt on it.

However, when it arrived it wore very small, even on my puny wrists. It was 35mm, I knew that beforehand but didn't think something supposedly only 3mm smaller than my Boldr or SKX013 would wear so small.

I'd buy the 40mm version ok, but they tend to be at least twice the price of this 35mm one.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Sinn 104 in the park on this glorious day!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

This just arrived - Seiko King Samurai SRPE37K1

Very comfortable out of the box. Was on the look out for a dive watch and this looked great in pictures on here and got good reviews. Delighted with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

New NATO for the 300M. It was supposed to be khaki green, but instead received a goldy-brown. Not a colour I would have picked, but actually like it, think it suits the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I didn't get any scuba in whilst away 😕 I could've but tbh I didn't want to do it without the Mrs and her headspace wasn't up for it.

So the closest my Seamaster got to its natural habitat was in snorkelling. Between a trip to Xel-Ha and the many dips along the hotel beach I think it did ok 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

gmt

How's that for a background!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Hey, @funkyouup that's brilliant!

Where's that?

I've had a cheeky fondle of the A-12 on the deck of the USS Intrepid. :)

Is that Duxford?

• Advertisement

Yea it's Duxford, absolutely incredible musuem, I took a bunch of pics I'll upload when I get home in the other hobbies thread.

I am ashamed to say I didn't know they had a blackbird. Wonder if I can convince the Mrs to take a trip to the IWM there 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

GMT

From walking Into the first hanger I found it jaw dropping what was there.

When I came out of the hanger the sr71 was in I looked up and a hurricane was flying over the runway, it was surreal.

The main IWM in London has always been a great visit. The museum quarter is brilliant and every time I go to London I try and visit at least 1 of them. Duxford was iirc under huge renovations the last time I was over so never visited. That and Bovington are on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

Old watch,new trails.

Making the most of an early finish from work and taking the well beaten G-Shock down some of the newly remodled trails in the Ballyhouras

Does this count as picture of a watch? Or is it more a picture of my frustration whilst waiting for it to land?👀

Freshly acquired Sinn is held up in Oslo awaiting completion of docs by seller. I was hopeful it would land today but, outta luck on that front now.

On a Nato buzz at the moment.

Lovely watch, the strap I’m less convinced by but life would be very boring if we all liked the same things !!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know the GM isn't a natural candidate for a Nato, but fancied a change from the bracelet for a while. Quite like the extra colour of this one. It's a nice break from all stainless.

Advertisement