Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

1968 king seiko with a 4502 hand wound movement. Oldest watch in the collection.

Has had a movement and case service and a NOS crystal put in about 2 years back. Only giveaway of its age is the dial lacquer discolouration. 36,000bhp movement - one of the 6 digit serials from the chronometer production line. 7 day average is -1s/day. Not bad for a 52 year old watch! On a nomos shell cordovan strap.

uC7K9Xi.jpg

jaItDlY.jpg

ccGTsUO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

oknepop wrote: »
    1968 king seiko with a 4502 hand wound movement. Oldest watch in the collection.

Has had a movement and case service and a NOS crystal put in about 2 years back. Only giveaway of its age is the dial lacquer discolouration. 36,000bhp movement - one of the 6 digit serials from the chronometer production line. 7 day average is -1s/day. Not bad for a 52 year old watch! On a nomos shell cordovan strap.

]

That's a stunning watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

"Pepsi" & "Batman" hanging out.
    (Need to get the day/date fixed on the pepsi)

536531.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

And that is a wrap for the working year!

TYt4mMFl.jpeg

Thanks god.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Nice brew that 51 IPA.
    Only discovered it a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

My favourite beer at the moment. Quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    My favourite beer at the moment. Quality stuff

The Tropical IPA at 7.5% is delicious, if not luscious (and to be drank responsibly)

I really like the SBBN015 crystal and handset, the depth of dial, the rehaut and of course the movement. A classic all round. For a watch that is designed like a tank it has some great quirks in the finish. For example the polished (very short) lugs, against the brushed steel of the tuna can. Also back when they made this Seiko knew how to make a case back and sign a crown (in pointlessly gothic script, to wit).

I generally wear it on an OEM strap for one of the higher end tunas. Extremely pliable and comfortable and has worn well over the 10 or so years I've had the watch.

uBM9qJB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Brilliant watch. If only they would make one that is really blue...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

Not finished for the year just yet but a bit of a sh1t show in work this week so unwinding!!!

536568.jpg

• Advertisement

Dev1234 wrote: »
    Not finished for the year just yet but a bit of a sh1t show in work this week so unwinding!!!

My Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Rust Bucket would be a better match!
    536570.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

BurntAsh wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up too high. I've been checking in on their used watches page every couple of days since the summer sale and there hasn't been a thing added since.

They have their Christmas calendar going.. some deals to be had, though a lot sell out quickly

https://www.stowa.de/en/Christmas+sale/

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    I really like the SBBN015 crystal and handset, the depth of dial, the rehaut and of course the movement. A classic all round. For a watch that is designed like a tank it has some great quirks in the finish. For example the polished (very short) lugs, against the brushed steel of the tuna can. Also back when they made this Seiko knew how to make a case back and sign a crown (in pointlessly gothic script, to wit).

I generally wear it on an OEM strap for one of the higher end tunas. Extremely pliable and comfortable and has worn well over the 10 or so years I've had the watch.

Great to see another tuna, let alone a 015! I've had mine about 5 years now.
    They really did go over the top with odd little details on what's a "tool watch". The day disc is white, but the date disc is silver....why?!?! Nice touch either way. Takes straps well, but the OEM bracelet is the way to go I think.

Squale 60 atmos today. Not a great pic, and think it would look better on a plain black strap. Am I right in saying this used to belong to someone here?

omHHNZ3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Squale 60 atmos today. Not a great pic, and think it would look better on a plain black strap. Am I right in saying this used to belong to someone here?

Yes you're right. Was on adverts earlier this year iirc, from one of the regulars in here, Thelizardking1. Beautiful watch, I made an offer on it myself, pretty close to his asking price, but he wanted the full whack and I'm sure he got it :D Was that you who outbid me? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CarProblem

I love King Seiko's - thing is I have zero ideas about pricing. Anyone care to guess values of these?

5625-7110

44-8000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

CarProblem wrote: »
    I love King Seiko's - thing is I have zero ideas about pricing. Anyone care to guess values of these?

5625-7110

44-8000

They seem high. I bought my lord marvel for about 500 euro

They seem high. I bought my lord marvel for about 500 euro

Based on limited ones for sale online I thought similar

Was a lovely one on Chrono 24 from a private seller, was already sale agreed when I saw it however

This one would come in at c$550 assuming I get hit for VAT

Probably need to factor in cost of a service also

And now that I can post pictures here's my Oris Clean Ocean

536634.jpg

- maybe Wibbs can embed?

No. Feck off :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Was a lovely one on Chrono 24 from a private seller, was already sale agreed when I saw it however
    Personally and my personal opinion of course, while I'd peruse Chrono24 for the craic, aside from the occasional private seller with realistic values it's stuffed with dealers who appear to be smoking crack when it comes to "values". Massively overpriced for vintage in my experience. Triple that for German dealers(or private sellers actually). And it's not as if you get any more protection than ebay paying with paypal and chances are extremely high you'd need to factor in a service anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just arrived this evening... bit of a saga re delivery..wrist shots Monday.

Sinn 556a rs

PXL-20201219-194418782.jpg
    PXL-20201219-194347311.jpg
    PXL-20201219-194410745.jpg
    PXL-20201219-194337200.jpg
    PXL-20201219-194312718-MP.jpg
    PXL-20201219-194300782.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

wrist shots Monday.

Bit of a Sinn not too.:rolleyes:

I’ll get my coat!

unkel wrote: »
    Yes you're right. Was on adverts earlier this year iirc, from one of the regulars in here, Thelizardking1. Beautiful watch, I made an offer on it myself, pretty close to his asking price, but he wanted the full whack and I'm sure he got it :D Was that you who outbid me? :D

I think I bought it off the guy who got it from thelizardking1, if it didn't change hands even more times between that sale and when I got it! Great watch, but definitely the opposite of discrete and understated. Doesn't get a lot of wrist time.

5625-7110

44-8000

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I wouldn't pay more than 500 for a really nice one with a tidy case and dial. Even that's a bit steep. The automatics tend to fetch higher prices. I think for closer to a grand you'd be able to get something a bit more unique like a KS special chronometer or a vintage GS.

Edit:
    This one would come in at c$550 assuming I get hit for VAT

Probably need to factor in cost of a service also

The caseback isn't original to that watch, and there seems to be a bit of corrosion on the edge of the dial. No pics of the movement either so I'd personally pass, but as with everything on ebay it's a bit of a gamble (got my KS on ebay though). Has the original buckle which is a nice touch, as these tend to go for 50-100 on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Onkepop, '68 King Seiko.

A Beauty, what size ?.
    Great to have a recent service. A second a day is amazing. I've a newish doxa on, that's running at +10 today, hoping it'll settle down if I wear it.

I picked up a July 68 serviced Seikomatic P for my brother's 50th birthday. He was thrilled and it's his daily wear. He has had people ask about it. It's styling is business like but with an unusual texture on the bezel. If I can find a photo I'll drop it in here.

481171.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Something of a Christmas vibe about this Vostok 'Operation Desert Shield'.

536703.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Indeed, nothing says Christmas like a ropey commemorative piece for an invasion.
    ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Bit of cold war irony going on there CT:confused:? Enjoy it in these interesting times.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

njburke wrote: »
    Onkepop, '68 King Seiko.

A Beauty, what size ?.

About 36.5mm. That seikomatic looks great, interesting bezel!

69 bellmatic today. Gold plated case with a grey linen dial, which can be hard to photograph. Think this would've come on a gold coffin bracelet, but I've never seen a gold one come up - only plain steel.

KpwcPLL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Its got a tree, but its the wrong shape.

Advertisement