Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

My recent purchase, fancied something sporty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone else get very easily distracted when working from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭micks_address

two similar straps but doesn't work for me on the speedy.. change it to something else while you are distracted :) much better on the Tissot

• Registered Users Posts: 34,963 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I tend to find blue doesn't really work with a traditional Speedy. I think you need a bit of blue on a dial itself to make it work.

I think the blue strap works well with it . I think you can get away with most straps on a speedie except a stingray strap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

I wasn’t convinced about the blue strap either, but it does go well together with the blue accents on the dial.

I’m thinking of getting a black leather or silicone one too so I can change them to match my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Picked up a cheap sail cloth strap for my Speedmaster recently off Amazon, black with silver stitching. Wear it everyday and am still infatuated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

My silver 1976 Datejust went to a nice chap about a month ago. Two weeks later, this box arrived.

You all know I'm sure, waiting inside that box is this green box.

And inside that green box, was this...

An Explorer 124270.

It is a pretty cool watch, but I'm glad I had the Datejust for a couple of years beforehand to learn to appreciate/get used to the 36mm size.

There are some sharp lines and edges on this watch. And the bracelet tapers quite a lot.

It does mange to disappear on the wrist though, something I had read about but thought was reviewer's bull. Actually, it's so light and small that it is easy to forget you have it on. You wouldn't say the same about the Submariner.

I waiting a while before posting this to see how I got on with the watch. Physically, I get on with it just fine. It is as unobtrusive as people say it is and the bracelet with the 5mm give in it means it fits just right. Aesthetically, I look at it sometimes and think, nah, this is a boring watch, and other times, I find things in it that makes me think this is a great watch. Confusion reigns supreme, as it always does in watches, mine anyway. What is good about it is the anti-reflective coating - visibility and clarity is 100% here.

The collection as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

King Samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Oh I like it..... very nice.

Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Look what’s back…I had sold this earlier in the year and ended up regretting it as I felt it had a lot of sentimental value after I let it go. Luckily the new owner was open to a deal and I have it back.

Freshly serviced too which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's not quite a watch, but? Watch this 😉 my dog has found his safe place 😁

Heard a scuffle a few minutes ago after a firework went off...

Now I have a guard dog in the safe 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ahh the poor little fecker. 😟 But he is bloody good at finding the safest place in the house. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

Anyone know anything about this crowd?

Seems like they recondition old movements & put them into new cases. Liking the look of a couple of their watches but unsure of what I could be getting.

I think I posted something about them last year? It was very much in the same vein as your own post though, I stumbled across them via an Instagram and I think? But no-one had any input on them at time.

Today's watch is my Promaster jp3050-44. Had the crystal replaced recently and it has mad a huge difference versus the very pitted, chipped and scratched one that was really wearing its age. I have seen folk mention that an eraser can be used to refinish titanium and the clasp will need a little TLC soon as it is really showing its age and tbf its utility.

I'm running it as a dual timezone for the last few years in case the ana v Digi times catch anyone's eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

For some reason I thought this had been broken and was organising it to be sent for repair. Thought I'd share it as it's a bit different. @[Deleted User]

My grandad's backup pocket watch (eldest got the best one, probably flogged it by now).

Waltham model 1894 grade 210 (1926) in a 1927 9ct gold case with a 1914 half sovereign, with an old gold chain and bar. So fancy looking case with a workhorse movement. The counterweight is a Thorens double claw lacquer circular lighter.

3 faint cracks on the enamel dial.

1 of 1.5 million made, still working away at probably 96 years old.

Birmingham, 1927 & 9ct (will check the chain and bar etc another day).

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Suit day today for a graduation so wearing the Seiko King Samurai Shuiro. Added the obligatory lume shot for the crack. Sorry my photo skills are rubbish and I think the red light is from the IR sensor on the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Picked up the easy x change leather strap and deployant for my IWC pilot chrono, the bracelet is the best in the business but this is a nice option

strap and watch face are blue, pics were taken in the cinema room so it’s a bit dark !

Both steinhart today.. the adventurer on a Martu strap I'd ordered for something else in February that just turned up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭893bet

Back on the wrist the last two days. Just realised I let the summer pass with out putting it on its rubber strap. Such is my general lethargy with regards watches at the moment.

This is around +2 seconds a day (only reason I know is I timed it as I had some interest from a potential buyer). Impressive given I assume never serviced and almost 14 yrs old.

Post edited by 893bet on

• Advertisement

Maybe it's my phone but don't see a pic?

@893bet there's no pic attached but, from your description? I'm going to guess it's your VC?

Your edit's fixed it and my guess was right 😁

Must be yer phones lads 😀

I wore the Rolex Pepsi homage out to lunch today .Accuracy is probably as good as the real thing at a 1/6th of the price so win win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Liquid bread. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Beautiful watch. What diameter is it?

What cinereels do you enjoy in your cinema room? I love a good talkie from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭H_Lime

The more you can dress them down with a strap the better they look imo.

Shall have to make do with my pagani 1701 v3 for now.

One day!

• Advertisement

but it hasn’t come close to scratching the Rolex Pepsi itch you have.

Advertisement