Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Very easy to read the time on that Citizen. Would you have a link to where you purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very easy to read the time on that Citizen.

Are your eyes getting a bit older, like mine? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭893bet

Wait.

People use a watch for telling the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

unkel wrote: »
    Are your eyes getting a bit older, like mine? :D
    Ha - I had the very same thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

893bet wrote: »
    Wait.

People use a watch for telling the time?

What you set the time on your watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ha - I had the very same thought.

well i was thinking of it for my dad but didnt want to insinuate the buyer needed it for poor sight :)

All my Christmases came at once this morning with the arrival of a Timex Milano XL and a Speedmaster.

Well-boxed up Speedy for safe transit.

0m7kfke.jpg

The box and contents is quite impressive. The springbar tool is particularly good.

JAofWz2.jpg

On the bracelet as it came...

hIrn9BB.jpg

...but I stuck it on the Omega nato. The Speedy is a watch that looks great on almost any black strap.

6Uf2JOv.jpg

Heading out for milk after all that excitement.

wphRKte.jpg

Finally, the Timex Milano XL. I stuck it on a leather strap. Only issue here is the second hands don't land on the stick indices. Any advice on how to correct that?

9pbAVQY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Health to wear. Speedy is new? Where did you source from? Annual bonus has been approved for January payment so I think that’s where I’m heading next.

Thanks. I got it from Jordi in WatchesNorte in Spain (www.watchesnorte.es). I've bought a few watches from him and have been to this office a couple of times as well. It took a while though as there seems to be a dearth of Speedies from Omega these days. He got some in last Friday though and this one was earmarked for me.

If you want to DM me I can give you details of him and the price.
    C0N0R wrote: »
    Health to wear. Speedy is new? Where did you source from? Annual bonus has been approved for January payment so I think that’s where I’m heading next.

Well wear fulladapipes! Such an iconic watch and the big box completes the experience. Hesalite version and all? Only had the good of a few days of mine.

• Advertisement

Thank you. Yes, the hesalite version. I sold my previous one to BirneyBau, and then saw it on him and had immediate seller's regret..!

I often wonder why more watches don't come with some alternative straps - it's hardly very costly for manufacturers and adds greatly to the sense of getting some value for money.
    Well wear fulladapipes! Such an iconic watch and the big box completes the experience. Hesalite version and all? Only had the good of a few days of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thank you. Yes, the hesalite version. I sold my previous one to BirneyBau, and then saw it on him and had immediate seller's regret..!

I often wonder why more watches don't come with some alternative straps - it's hardly very costly for manufacturers and adds greatly to the sense of getting some value for money.

Delighted for ye pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Indeed, well wear on the Speedie!

Having recently acquired, I can appreciate the warm glow. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Cracking watch, I'm not really a fan of the Nato but that looks the best I've seen a watch with one on. Obviously a quality watch will help!

I like the natos for changing it up occasionally. A more sustainable solution is the leather strap. (I am getting bugger all done today thanks to this watch..!)

yePn7jd.jpg
    Cracking watch, I'm not really a fan of the Nato but that looks the best I've seen a watch with one on. Obviously a quality watch will help!

Let’s not pretend you bought it coz you liked it. You bought it as it was below market value and then you traded it off forum for the Rolex explorer from Thomaskutty as he wouldn’t take 2600 euro cash from you but would take the speedmaster as it had a higher value.

Nice watch fulladapipes, and it takes a straps well. Hessalite is the classic. I had an issue with the watch cutting my wrist bone, seems to be a thing happen some people and not others. Yes the spring bar tool is excellent, I ordered a spare one and use it still.

Saw your old datejust last night....was in very good nick.....

Let’s not pretend you bought it coz you liked it. You bought it as it was below market value and then you traded it off forum for the Rolex explorer from Thomaskutty as he wouldn’t take 2600 euro cash from you but would take the speedmaster as it had a higher value.

Of course I liked it :rolleyes:

Why else would I have bothered doing research into it, taking pictures, posting them here and talking about it? An iconic watch and I am glad I had the pleasure of owning it, albeit for just a few days.

Indeed buying the watch facilitated buying my first Rolex. I hoped it would when I bought it, it was in the back of my mind, but no deal was done beforehand. A lot of speedies change hands very quickly and the seller of the Rolex must have had a buyer for my speedy lined up as all of a sudden we could do a deal we were both happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I'ld always assumed a bit of trading was an integral part of the hobby. Like kissing a few frogs to find a prince. There's a few frogs croaking in my watchbox, moving them on is a reasonable thing to do.

On the speedy and timex, opposite ends of the value spectrum, will the Milano get any wrist time?. It's a nice watch, try to get over the second hand alignment. I have a citizen with the same issue, I think it's acceptable for the price paid.

Of course I liked it :rolleyes:

Why else would I have bothered doing research into it, taking pictures, posting them here and talking about it? An iconic watch and I am glad I had the pleasure of owning it, albeit for just a few days.

Indeed buying the watch facilitated buying my first Rolex. I hoped it would when I bought it, it was in the back of my mind, but no deal was done beforehand. A lot of speedies change hands very quickly and the seller of the Rolex must have had a buyer for my speedy lined up as all of a sudden we could do a deal we were both happy with.

You bought it as it was below market value. With the intention to trade. You only had it a day before moving it on.

If you had any other intention for it you would have offered it back here for the same money so any of the lads here could have had a spin on it.

I am just here pointing out the facts while you are reminisce thinking you were a speedy owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

All my Christmases came at once this morning with the arrival of a Timex Milano XL and a Speedmaster.

Great photos!!

When I saw the photo of you going out for milk in a matter of seconds I went from he's:

1. Going golfing
    2. The Milk Tray Man
    3. An assassin

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Very easy to read the time on that Citizen. Would you have a link to where you purchased?

Got it from Hilliers but their prices have gone up again. Cheapest I see it now is for £239 from https://www.dcleake.com/Watches/Citizen/Citizen-Mens-Eco-Drive-Promaster-Tough-Sapphire-Titanium-Case-Kevlar-Strap-Watch-BN0118-04E.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

@ fulladapipes

Love the watch eyeglass that came with Omega. Reminds me of my grandad using it to fix watches back in the day. He used to pop them open, quick eye spy with eyeglass. Drop the whole watch movement into 3-1 oil, let it soak take out and hey presto it started working.

If you had any other intention for it you would have offered it back here for the same money so any of the lads here could have had a spin on it.

What a load of bollox. A big part of the pleasure of owning watches for me is the hunt to get one. And get one at a good price. So when I eventually (after 1 hour or 10 years) end up selling it, the aim is not to lose money on it, or better, for it to help finance my next watch. Any gobsh1te can contact watchfinder, tell them what watch you want and just pay whatever they tell you the price is.

If that works for you and you are happy to then give away the watch for free to a fellow watch enthusiast, then power to you :p

In other news, I've gone sale agreed on a watch that could very well turn out to be the one :cool:

What a load of bollox. A big part of the pleasure of owning watches for me is the hunt to get one. And get one at a good price. So when I eventually (after 1 hour or 10 years) end up selling it, the aim is not to lose money on it, or better, for it to help finance my next watch. Any gobsh1te can contact watchfinder, tell them what watch you want and just pay whatever they tell you the price is.

If that works for you and you are happy to then give away the watch for free to a fellow watch enthusiast, then power to you :p

In other news, I've gone sale agreed on a watch that could very well turn out to be the one :cool:

I have no idea what you are blathering on about. The fact that you can’t see my point just shows the type of person you are.

Glad you are so open about profiting at the forums expensive. Deepthought was a gent and passed to me at what he paid from an epic deal through Ryan on Tz, I passed to FT as the same price, FT passed to you at the same price. Sadly that’s where it ended. The only reason you bought was to profit off of all our good naturedness. We could all have taken the small profit but we all choose not to, a good turn on the forum and that...

I just thought it was hilarious that you were on this forum earlier, one of lads, lovely speedy, I only had mine a few days haha. You would step on top of any member of this lovely watch corner for a 5er profit. I can see it. It’s not very nice.

And I will remind people every chance I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

Dev1234 wrote: »
    Great photos!!

When I saw the photo of you going out for milk in a matter of seconds I went from he's:

1. Going golfing
    2. The Milk Tray Man
    3. An assassin

Ha..! Well, it's definitely not no. 1... That's all I can say.

tenor.gif?itemid=4961268

I have no idea what you are blathering on about. The fact that you can’t see my point just shows the type of person you are.

Glad you are so open about profiting at the forums expensive. Deepthought was a gent and passed to me at what he paid from an epic deal through Ryan on Tz, I passed to FT as the same price, FT passed to you at the same price. Sadly that’s where it ended. The only reason you bought was to profit off of all our good naturedness. We could all have taken the small profit but we all choose not to, a good turn on the forum and that...

I just thought it was hilarious that you were on this forum earlier, one of lads, lovely speedy, I only had mine a few days haha. You would step on top of any member of this lovely watch corner for a 5er profit. I can see it. It’s not very nice.

And I will remind people every chance I get.

So if you owned a watch and your choice was to either sell it to someone on here for a few hundred quid under market value or it enabling you to buy the watch you really wanted (and couldn't afford without this trade), then you would pick option 1?

If you select yes then you're either hypocrite or a communist :p

I am neither...

• Advertisement

Fitz II wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4961268

I don't believe it yet myself. But the big daddy is coming home :D

Will keep you posted. Haven't been this excited about a Christmas present for about 40 odd years :D

Advertisement