Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

unkel wrote: »
    So if you owned a watch and your choice was to either sell it to someone on here for a few hundred quid under market value or it enabling you to buy the watch you really wanted (and couldn't afford without this trade), then you would pick option 1?

If you select yes then you're either hypocrite or a communist :p

I am neither...

I am neither. Just believe in a little community spirit, as DT extended it to me. If that makes me a communist.......

The above fictitious scenario for me .....It would depend on the watch in question and where I got it......I have no issue with a lad making profit. Pick something up on an adverts or eBay at a good price and sell on for a profit, fair dues.

However you choose to profit at the forums expense and profit at the good naturedness of me, FG and DT who had passed the “good turn” on to the next forum member. You were only interested in feathering your own nest.

And don’t pretend you couldn’t afford the explorer without using the Omega. If you are that stuck for the 300 quid then I suggest down grading the Tesla and stop bidding on the 10k plus Rolex on adverts (not stalking but I follow 90 percent of high end adds on adverts).

You didn’t need the Omega. It was a choice. And the fact that you think it was ok gives a great insight into your thought process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I don't believe it yet myself. But the big daddy is coming home :D

Will keep you posted. Haven't been this excited about a Christmas present for about 40 odd years :D

Maybe this is the one....you might keep it more than a month :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

[insert that escalated quickly meme here]. 893bet and Unkel let's dial it back, maybe take it to PM. It's Christmas an' that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

oknepop wrote: »
    The caseback isn't original to that watch, and there seems to be a bit of corrosion on the edge of the dial. No pics of the movement either so I'd personally pass, but as with everything on ebay it's a bit of a gamble (got my KS on ebay though). Has the original buckle which is a nice touch, as these tend to go for 50-100 on their own.

I actually hastily pulled the trigger on this before reading this very helpful reply :o

536970.jpg

It actually arrive today via Fedex (ridiculously fast) and no customs. So according to my curve card statement I paid a grand total of €366 for it including postage. Will probably get it serviced in the new year. Very light on the arm vs my other watches (unsurprising I suppose)

Edit: there is discolouration around the edge as you state - it's more obvious in the photos than with the naked eye

Double edit: any recommendations on servicing please?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

And now something different.

536976.jpg

And I know it is Nomos Orion homage but still nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just arrived in time for Xmas

Erikas original strap to go with Sinn

76-A8-C539-0-D85-42-CB-BD8-B-405-F5-FDF03-B2.jpg
    07-AC8578-8856-41-FF-A5-F9-584-F2-A9-B8943.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fitz II wrote: »
    Maybe this is the one....you might keep it more than a month :pac::pac::pac:

I do have (some) form. Had my Tissot as my only watch from 1995 until 2011. Had my Seamaster as my only watch or at least the one I wore 99% of the time from 2017 until sometime in 2020 I think?

I think this one is a keeper, but only time will tell :p

I do have (some) form. Had my Tissot as my only watch from 1995 until 2011. Had my Seamaster as my only watch or at least the one I wore 99% of the time from 2017 until sometime in 2020 I think?

Fecin watches...I was wearing a smart watch up to 2 years ago when a friend showed me his Seamaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

My wishlist for early 2021.

Jorg Gray 6500 (Obama watch) & Bulova Lunar Pilot.

I already have an Omega speedy so someone please talk me out of the Bulova!
    Or not. :D

536985.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭scwazrh

furiousox wrote: »
    My Pilot.

I already have the Omega speedy so someone please talk me out of the Bulova!
    Or not. :D

I sold my lunar pilot when I finally got my speedmaster as thought what’s the point of a cheap moonwatch when you’ve got the real one.. bought another lunar pilot within a couple of months after that and wear it more than my speedmaster .

I should have thought about it more though and bought that black pvd lunar pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

scwazrh wrote: »
    I sold my lunar pilot when I finally got my speedmaster as thought what’s the point of a cheap moonwatch when you’ve got the real one.. bought another lunar pilot within a couple of months after that and wear it more than my speedmaster...

Why's that? Do you prefer the aesthetics of the Bulova?
    I have quite a small wrist so the size of the Bulova is a concern, I like the all black version though.

EDIT: Speedys are quite big so that Bulova must be HUGE!

536993.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

Blue Yachtmaster ?

I'm personally disappointed over the moderation. I was planning on organising a good old fashioned scrap behind the sheds of Boards HQ :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2950b2dc8f9d7e409c8552698a98009ee155497b4b&rid=giphy.gif

Crafter blue fitted (after much cursing .. sorry baby jebus) this morning. Think it compliments the GMT well with the two tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭This is it

That looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Beautiful combo Mick

Bought the black Bulova for about €375 new maybe a year before I bought the Speedmaster (which I haven't wound!). Actually had Bulova on this morning.

537004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Ian OB

Alpha Saphir 266 I picked up on honeymoon in Berlin 11 years ago. Not the worlds most expensive watch but due to the occasion it was bought I was a little miffed when No. 2 Son decided to play soccer with it 6 years ago.

No watch shop around has been able to replace the glass : ( So I'm looking at buying another one online to swap the glass out of it.

537005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭This is it

No more until the Starlight, unless someone else buys for me...

Not sure why the pic has gone sideways, will try change it later

537010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

Birneybau wrote: »
    Bought the black Bulova for about €375 new maybe a year before I bought the Speedmaster (which I haven't wound!). G]

Is that a Speedie Reduced or is the Bulova just a beast?

redlead wrote: »
    Is that a Speedie Reduced or is the Bulova just a beast?

Full speedy. It's slightly beastier but a bad angle/picture :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

redlead wrote: »
    Blue Yachtmaster ?

No, its bigger, rougher brother. Pics later!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

CarProblem wrote: »
    Double edit: any recommendations on servicing please?

Richard Askham in the UK
    http://thewatchspotblog.com/

Cannot recommend him enough, might be best see how Brexit impacts things first,but defiantly the go to for me for servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

That's good to see the Lunar Pilot and Speedie side by side. Cheers, chaps!

I've been renuited with my Mark II after a complete strip and rebuild with new jewels and NOS parts, plus a modern mainspring.

It is still in the settling down and wearing in period, but I am delighted I now have a pretty unique Speedie - Old Grey!
    tPFHYD.jpg

Would still happily have a Lunar Pilot in box though.

However, I'd love the 1st gen bead-blasted case, with the second gen, no-date dial.

I'm not picky, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

UV torches are fun

IMG-20201223-222404-01.jpg

Little addition to the collection. Missed having a sub so got a Ceramic no date, nice watch stickers on full set. Had a preceramic which was nice also but the bracelet is not half as good as this newer one, and a touch too vintage for my tastes. The ceramic bezel is lovely and glossy. A real bullet proof icon of a watch, and a good solid watch. The value is not what is used to be, these have gone mental.

PXL-20201223-215639575.jpg

And Alongside its bigger brother.

PXL-20201223-215311554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

How do you find the strap? Worth the money? Was looking at one for my IWC

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Fitz II wrote: »
    Little addition to the collection. Missed having a sub so got a Ceramic no date, nice watch stickers on full set. Had a preceramic which was nice also but the bracelet is not half as good as this newer one, and a touch too vintage for my tastes. The ceramic bezel is lovely and glossy. A real bullet proof icon of a watch, and a good solid watch. The value is not what is used to be, these have gone mental.

Very nice Fitz , well wear .Was that from Thomas ? Noticed his sold today .

How do you find the strap? Worth the money? Was looking at one for my IWC

Early days but it’s super comfortable

scwazrh wrote: »
    Very nice Fitz , well wear .Was that from Thomas ? Noticed his sold today .

Aye, Thomas always hooks me up, great seller (ang buyer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Seiko Alpinist

537074.JPG

Advertisement