Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got that one myself, the small version. Was a bargain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I just got rid of that don't quote posts thing Treppen. With this new interface it's no longer any issue. 👍️

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Milestone birthday present from me to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Snap, except my one is actually a real authentic Omega Speedmaster..... ahem ...homage 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Probably shouldn't be wearing this while 'for sale' but felt like sporting this one today and now I remember why I bought it in the first place. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭micks_address

still kinda regret selling my two skyfalls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

My dear wife asked me what my dream watch would be, I said if I won the lotto I'd go for an IWC Big Pilot 43mm.

She said well we're not going to win the lotto so why don't we sit down, do some sums, and see if we can make it happen.

Lo and behold, it's happened.

IWC Big Pilot 43mm in blue.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Nice.. was thinking of one aswell.. is it from Paul Sheerans?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Well done that man! And woman!

Impressive piece.

I tried one on in there and also in the iwc store in Amsterdam.

Price was the same in both stores.

We're going to Vegas later this year so contemplated getting one there in the store in the Venetian hotel.

(About 2k cheaper there "plus tax")

Ended up going the chrono24 route and very happy I did as I got the exact dial/strap combo I wanted.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

brilliant. Am having conversations aswell. It may be a matter of selling off all others and then have only one.. but it will be one I will keep

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I was going to sell my Speedmaster to raise funds but she vetoed that idea, thankfully 😃

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Legend. Never mind the Speedy, I'm sure a few lads here would rather take the wife.

Ah, I got the speedy about 20 years ago and it was my first and only "good" watch for a long time.

She knew I'd regret it if I sold it and she was right.

CPL 593H

Went into a room with no light today and this lit up like a Christmas tree

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bloody fantastic sunny weather earlier. The 1971 offspring of Jaeger-LeCoultre , Girard Perregaux and... Motorola.

The dial being a representation of their "silicon chip" that performed the calculations to to render one tick per second from 32khz, the quartz frequency that they innovated as the best compromise between accuracy and power consumption and the standard for the industry right down to today. This dial is rare as feck. In the ten years since I found one in the wild only a dozen have shown up, six of this blue style and six of the two colour red gold style. Including Girard Perregaux's museum example.

We're saturated in IT and IC's and chips these days, but back in 1972 the very early quartz watches were one of the first everyday objects that ordinary people encountered which contained that future. Though they weren't cheap. Nearly double the price of Omega Speedies for example.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

Back from some time abroad to find the strap had been dellivered.

Very nice, works well with it.

I fitted a z20 seiko from the ska371 there lately and a green single pass nato on the titanium one.

I also dared to fit a tan suede single pass nato to my spb187, Seiko really do Handsets so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

All look great, particularly like the leather one.

First photo you got a MM300?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Agree, looks best on the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

@furiousox Congratulations on the purchase. Fabulous watch but I am biased! Love the way you can see the mechanism through the back of the case.

We were down the country this weekend so I broke out the big'un myself and I really should make an effort to wear it more. Should have given the glass a wipe also but it is what it is.

God no, at least not yet, it'll be Xmas before I attempt a bite at that apple;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Some wrist time for the Tag this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭banie01

When Tag do "understated", they do it well. A very nice watch Mik.

I'm a passenger today as the Mrs' does at least the drive down to CUH. I will most likely do the drive back in the interest of fairness and all that jazz 😉

On the wrist, my trusty Seamaster GMT.

This today. In case it rains. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Been looking at G-Shocks but couldn't decide so in the meantime I went with an AE-1000W that I found on Amazon in military green. Thought it was a but different but you can get same watch in other colours for less.

Lots of features and it does all the usual Casio stuff well. Comfortable when on but strap is a little stiff and plasticy but that's to be expected at this end.

Enjoying it at the moment and may stick with it over the smart watch for a while. I just can't make my mind up about smart watches so will be interesting to see how I like a tech break.

So this will be a daily hack for a while and should clarify if I would like to step up to an all swinging G-Shock, return to smart watch big brother or wear my Seikos as daily watches.

Two seamasters walk into a bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Decided to wear my cheapo 100 Euro Moonwatch today. Until I can afford the genuine article this will have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Yup, my sterile dial Alpha filled a Speedie shaped hole until I got my Mark II.

However, my brief flirtation with the excellent Sugess Top Chron cured my Daytona lust.

Advertisement