Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The best bezel in the business, quite dark most of the time but pops in the sun....god looking forward to the weekend, only back this week and its like I have been working for 5 months straight.

PXL-20210108-145413097.jpg[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

A couple of arrivals this week.

Very pretty little (34mm) Credor. Battery change and a polish was all that was required.

IMG-20210108-155200.jpg

GS bracelet for my dark blue dial GS that had come on a leather strap. I have been looking for one for almost a year. People ask stupid money for them! This one came from Japan and was a third the price of some I have seen on Chrono24, even factoring in import charges. It is not perfect, but then I wear this watch most days so I don't worry about the odd scuff.

IMG-20210108-165845.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

HDMI wrote: »
    Arrived today, always liked the ProTrek range from Casio even if I don't have a clue how it works :D

The hands tell the time. Dunno about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Stowa flieger frozen in time.

538872.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Poljot in the permafrost.

538873.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bored, so checking my over wintered silk lines on my fishing reels. As you do...

538929.jpg

1916 Borgel cased Trench watch. IIRC it's a Helvetia movement in this one. Gonna redo the lume I reckon. Make it paler, less faux bollexed radium.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

My best friend owns an antique/used furniture & junk shop. He's got 3 or 4 cardboard shoe boxes full of old watches so I asked him to look and see if he had any Patek Philippe. This is the Patek he sent me...

538936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

My best friend owns an antique/used furniture & junk shop. He's got 3 or 4 cardboard shoe boxes full of old watches so I asked him to look and see if he had any Patek Philippe. This is the Patek he sent me...

Close, but no cigar.

'Tis a fine Raketa, but sure ' tis no Patek Philippe.

Probably 17 jewel manual wind. Nice to have the CCCP on the dial. Puts it into the 70s I'd say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's an actual old Soviet one though. Rather than the post soviet era ones more aimed at tourists and the like.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Close, but no cigar.

If you squint your eyes and look at just the right angle... it's almost Patek.
    He says he has a Rollox to send me next

• Advertisement

Comrade you never really own a Pateka you merely are keeping it for the glory of motherland

Fitz II wrote: »
    Comrade you never really own a Pateka you merely are keeping it for the glory of motherland

Nope. I'm keeping it for the glory of it being a freebie. It only runs 10 hours on a full hand wind so I'm sure not keeping it as a timepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Close, but no cigar.

Probably 17 jewel manual wind. Nice to have the CCCP on the dial. Puts it into the 70s I'd say.
    This looks to be it in the 1983 catalogue.

538962.jpg

Daemonic wrote: »
    This looks to be it in the 1983 catalogu

What's missing is the pentagon that says CCCP and the other 4 pointed geometric logo. So the catalog is possibly later. The story I got, for what it's worth, is this was in a box lot from the estate of a woman named Mabel who died in the late 1970's.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I only recently found out that if you line up the hands on some Seikos they make a rocket! An interesting little detail that I hadn't noticed.

lzkDyuhl.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

had a monster that did that....kept me happy

What's missing is the pentagon that says CCCP and the other 4 pointed geometric logo. So the catalog is possibly later. The story I got, for what it's worth, is this was in a box lot from the estate of a woman named Mabel who died in the late 1970's.
    Your watch has the CCCP Quality Mark which is rarely if ever included on the catalogue pics. The dates can be hard to pinpoint as I'm not aware of any Raketa catalogues from 78-83 and watches were produced for long periods if popular. Anytime from 75-85 would be a reasonable guess for the age of your watch, but it's your watch alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I only recently found out that if you line up the hands on some Seikos they make a rocket! An interesting little detail that I hadn't noticed.
    Guaranteed Fitz wont think it's a rocket.

Daemonic wrote: »
    Your watch has the CCCP Quality Mark which is rarely if ever included on the catalogue pics. The dates can be hard to pinpoint as I'm not aware of any Raketa catalogues from 78-83 and watches were produced for long periods if popular. Anytime from 75-85 would be a reasonable guess for the age of your watch, but it's your watch alright.

Interesting. That's great detective work!
    It has a model number 943141 stamped on the back.

dinorebel wrote: »
    Guaranteed Fitz wont think it's a rocket.

tumblr_inline_mr86h4zPOo1qz4rgp.gif

• Advertisement

Interesting. That's great detective work!
    It has a model number 943141 stamped on the back.
    As per the catalogue pic, the model number is 4396649, the number stamped on the back is probably a serial number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

hitemfrank wrote: »
    It tries to connect to a signal sent from Frankfurt and has about 1500km range so in theory it should be okay for Ireland.

I wonder why I've looked into it :pac:

Just got my dispatch mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Weirs Delivery today, last of their Cal 1863 Speedmasters.

Ordered in December and was touch and go if they were going to get it in after the new ones launched (apparently)...delighted they did!

539118.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Just got my dispatch mail!

I got mine on Thursday even though I ordered after you.

Delivery for the 18th according to DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I got mine on Thursday even though I ordered after you.

Delivery for the 18th according to DHL.

Mine is going to NI so that might be the difference in the dispatch time. Will be interesting to see if I get a vat payment request with it.

539227.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭fat bloke

So today I received a Fort Knox-worthy package. Inside was my forum-issued Steinhart GMT. I eschewed all unboxing etiquette in my haste and delight but my first reaction was "Aw jeez, it's tiny!". But I've been wearing a monster citizen diver for ages now which has my tolerances skewed.

I've it on now and, as I am wont to do, have no plan to take it off again for months. My first GMT and poshest watch to date. Thanks Banie011

Whaddye think? Too dainty for Fat Bloke? :)

I reckon it's actually bang on and my other watches have been too big really.

IMG-20210112-130458.jpg

IMG-20210112-130523.jpg

IMG-20210112-130515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

Looks perfect to me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Delighted it's made its way to another forum regular :)
    I think it's a nice fit too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

What’s your wrist size? They say size doesn’t matter but it does

Advertisement