Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Weirs Delivery today, last of their Cal 1863 Speedmasters.

Ordered in December and was touch and go if they were going to get it in after the new ones launched (apparently)...delighted they did!

snip

Wear it well... I love mine, beautiful time piece...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Looks good to me, I don't think you'd want the lugs going out any further over your wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

It's less colourful cousin.

539252.JPG

7.25 inch wrist if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What’s your wrist size? They say size doesn’t matter but it does

Had to go measure, hadn't a clue. 7.5 inches, pretty bang average?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Fat Bloke (not an apt name looking at those wrists) that looks bang on to me on you. Nice looking watch, and far nicer than the ceramic bezel ones they make. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

@Cyclingtourist
    Is that Steinhart 39mm or 42mm?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Perfect fit - Wouldn't go any bigger lug-to-lug looking at those wrist shots.

furiousox wrote: »
    @Cyclingtourist
    Is that Steinhart 39mm or 42mm?

39 edit: although close to 40 with the bezel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

fat bloke wrote: »
    So today I received a Fort Knox-worthy package. Inside was my forum-issued Steinhart GMT. I eschewed all unboxing etiquette in my haste and delight but my first reaction was "Aw jeez, it's tiny!". But I've been wearing a monster citizen diver for ages now which has my tolerances skewed.

I've it on now and, as I am wont to do, have no plan to take it off again for months. My first GMT and poshest watch to date. Thanks Banie011

Whaddye think? Too dainty for Fat Bloke? :)

I reckon it's actually bang on and my other watches have been too big really.

Yeah, I posted about 3 weeks ago when I got the 39. I was very unsure of the size of it, due to wearing a 44mm beforehand. Honestly, took me over a week to get used to it, and I love it now :D .... Took delivery of a 3 tone Bond Nato for a tenner on eBay, and I think the colour fits perfect! Deffo will leave this strap on it for a while!

539255.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

fat bloke wrote: »
    Had to go measure, hadn't a clue. 7.5 inches, pretty bang average?

7.5" is well above average, I reckoned you were 7.5" from the picture as I'm the same and I'm going to side against what the others are saying - it looks a bit small to me. I'm a fairly big lad as well, also used to some bigger watches and I had the same with similar size (around 40mm) Rolex watches, they just wear a bit small

Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it, but I couldn't really...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I dunno U. IMHO the sizes got too large in pursuit of fashion and I find larger sizes more awkward and can border on OTT, depending on model of course and size of wrist. For me anyway FB's is right on the money, much beyond it and the lugs would overstep the wrist and look wrong.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭covey123

Seiko & Pentax, a marriage made in heaven.

Really nice Seiko, what model is that if you don't mind me asking

covey123 wrote: »
    Really nice Seiko, what model is that if you don't mind me asking

It's a Seiko quartz chronograph model 7T92. Been out a few years and they may not be still making them. I bought mine in Argos when they were still stocking Seiko. Paid about €85 for it. Great watch for the money.

Edit sorry the model is SNDC07 black dial version with leather band. 7T92 is the calibre.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I dunno U. IMHO the sizes got too large in pursuit of fashion and I find larger sizes more awkward and can border on OTT, depending on model of course and size of wrist.

We'll agree to disagree!

I feel the Steinharts look perfect on flanzer and Cyclingtourist who I guess have a wrist size of around the 6.5-7" mark

unkel wrote: »
    We'll agree to disagree!

I feel the Steinharts look perfect on flanzer and Cyclingtourist who I guess have a wrist size of around the 6.5-7" mark

I'm seven and a quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

:) The vast bulk of my boards time is spent on the cycling forum and I spend as much of the rest of my spare time as possible actually cycling. So the FB handle is tongue in cheek, and a bit of a jibe at the wannabe pro-cyclist body dysmorphia, to which I'm far from immune myself!

But sizing apart, it's definitely a very nicely made timepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

We'll agree to disagree!

Correct! I'm 6.5"! I don't think I'll ever go above a 42mm pilot again, with a thinner bezel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

An unearthly glow earlier..

539298.jpg

Not atomic anymore, which is good. :D Glows like a torch through the night. Seiko lume FTW. Applied more thickly and more arseways than Seiko ever did or would want to. I may tidy it up mind you. And add another layer.

Vintage watch on a vintage 6.2 inch wrist so... :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

I normally go for larger watches but I reckon the proportions of the 39mm Steinharts make for a more attractive watch than the 42mm versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭secman

Fed up with plug in watches so reverted to this recently...

539305.jpg

• Advertisement

4tmxw2.jpg

Citizen Eco-Drive E111-K007297
    This was my daily wear before I got into collecting and amassed an embarrassing number of watches. Put it on my wrist today and decided it needed resizing so I took a link out and it wears fine. Might keep it on for a few days.

539332.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Just out of the mail box, basically a freebie from Amazon for agreeing to do surveys.

Casio Marlin MDV-106b, really nice blue dial. For 2021 apparently Casio will no longer be using the Marlin branding on this watch.

PeyuUA4.jpg

So after trying on Mr. Cyrus's Overseas and falling in love I decided I must try one, I could not separate him from his unfortunately, he has the "deep stream" version.

Sold the Blue Tudor BB58 and the Omega Seamaster 300m (to a friend otherwise would have offered it on here) & added a little and got this on chrono24. Remarkably good value to be had in VC for this class of watch, mind you the Overseas is the entry level VC.

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040/B01A-9093...the second generation of Overseas with the JLC modified movement (3rd gen went fully inhouse). White engine turned dial. 42mm a good sized watch. Bracelet is really nice. But the thing you dont appreciate in photos is that its only 10mm thick, so it blends in really well. Very Natulus like. Finishing is perfect as you would expect from a Holy Trinity watchmaker, and the box and papers are class all real leather and real wood. Been louping it for the last while and its flawless

Also wanted to order a Rubber Strap this watch can come on, The VC Boutique in Paris got right onto me (in perfect English) and sorted it all out. Very polite and professional.

image002.jpg

image001.jpg[/url]

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

giphy.gif

I have two now of the Trinity so need to focus on the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Love that dial, reminds me a bit of the royal oak silver dial

Most handsome! Now that is one watch I would keep on the bracelet, the way that bracelet is the logo is just magic.

Most handsome! Now that is one watch I would keep on the bracelet, the way that bracelet is the logo is just magic.

Nice to have options, and one cheeky reason is that any of my good watches are to have a OEM Rubber straps....the VC is amazingly inexpensive. (stock photo below)

vacheron_image.3063513.jpg

HDMI wrote: »
    Just out of the mail box, basically a freebie from Amazon for agreeing to do surveys.

Casio Marlin MDV-106b, really nice blue dial. For 2021 apparently Casio will no longer be using the Marlin branding on this watch.
    I saw a video where he said the trademark expired on the Marlin logo (?) or something so MDV106 will be replaced with MDV107 without the Marlin.

Not sure if that explanation is correct because I thought trademarks could be renewed indefinitely as long as they are in active use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jaysus Fitz!
    That is an absolutely stunning watch.
    The dial is even nicer than your AP imho.

Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Thanks to anyone that voted for me I the competition I posted at the weekend.

I ended up winning by 1 vote so the company are using the logo I designed https://wristcheckmonthly.com/

Can't wait to find out what watch I won

Advertisement