Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Birneybau wrote: »
    'kin hell Frank.

I'm dying to get a Milgauss.

Form an orderly que gentlemen. I'll just have to wait for the Steinhart version.:o

CT you have some really interesting watches, have you done a SOTC photo?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

blue5000 wrote: »

CT you have some really interesting watches, have you done a SOTC photo?

Not in the past few months. There's still one in transit from a three watch ****ter splurge. After that arrives my plan is to stop buying in the €100-300 range till I get a 'luxury' watch, might be a Tudor, maybe not but something in that price bracket.
    No plans for SOTC photo, perhaps in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Milguass again today. So here's yesterday's alternative picture

IMG-20210124-150324.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

zFP81bol.jpeg

Bluemoon Cocktail Time and a glass of whiskey to help keep warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz II wrote: »
    Bit of snow my way today

IMG]

It’s a solid gold Rolex. The only one on the forum to my knowledge and probably the only one that there will be for many years given the price direction of these. 25k plus on full bracelet easy.

Prob a keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

70388-E32-6-F7-C-48-F3-9094-FF118-FA8-E10-F.jpg

Two line Sub this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

mailforkev wrote: »

Two line Sub this weekend.

Kev you are so deep into stage 4 now....there is no going back.

Love the Sub, and those pre ceramics are awesome. The two line is the one to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz II wrote: »
    Kev you are so deep into stage 4 now....there is no going back.

Love the Sub, and those pre ceramics are awesome. The two line is the one to have.

Kevin you are so deep in level 4 you have your head up unkels arse.

I really like that sub. And I am not a sub fan. If I was to get one to actually wear that one would be top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

X
    540869.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

My casio....this is a tool watch doing a job.

PXL-20210125-145655392.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

You need to do a bit of extra work on that left bicep to be able to lift some of your heavy hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Masi

mailforkev wrote: »
    You need to do a bit of extra work on that left bicep to be able to lift some of your heavy hitters.

No need, he's left handed....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jordanfaf

My Datejust. Looking for a jubilee bracelet for it if anyone has one they want to shift.

540928.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well here it is. I've had it a few weeks now, after ordering on Christmas day. A Sinn 556I RS.

A thing of beauty, even if I do say so myself! It really blew me away when it landed, it was exactly what I wanted. The size is perfect for my tiny wrists, and that deep black face with white indices coupled with the dash of red in the second hand. A true tool watch, easy to read and it can take a bit of rough and tumble too.

541051.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Love it. Just felt the size a little small for my 7.3 inch wrist so returned my 556a rs. How do you find the bracelet? Chunky?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well here it is. I've had it a few weeks now, after ordering on Christmas day. A Sinn 556I RS.
    I have to say A, and if you pardon my French, I fcuking love Sinn. And yours is a beauty. Well may you wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Love the 556 - the brushed finishing is really fantastic on them. 556a next on my hit list should I choose to downsize case diameter on the 104.

Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Batman

tt6JSR8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Batman

Lovely watch. If only it's wasn't 50mm lug to lug.

That handset improves the look of that watch so much in my opinion. I'm really not a fan of the Mercedes style hands that so many companies use.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wearing my 1915 Borgel cased Trench watch today.

541096.jpg

Early design to increase dust and water resistance. One piece case where the movement, dial and front screw down into the case. You can see one at the top right in this ad from the time.

541099.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Two of my favourite things. I've had a subscription to Private Eye for a long time, ever since I studied in the UK. I find that what happens there (politically, covid, you name it) tends to happen here some 4 years, 3 months, 1 week and 2 days later. More or less.

BGEVOJh.jpg

Germany calling. Germany calling!!

541105.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wearing my 1915 Borgel cased Trench watch today

Are you also wearing period appropriate attire there Wibbs?

Well it is an old Barbour oilskin in dire need of a waxing so kinda. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always liked them, finally got round to buying one.

50882261962_8c53de8cbe.jpgSeagull 1963 by S, on Flickr

My best friend owns an antique/used furniture and junk shop. He has 3 or 4 cardboard shoe boxes full of old watches he doesn't really want.

This week he sent me a padded envelope with a bunch of gold ladies watches. I like this art deco looking Benrus, 14K, winds up and still runs pretty good. Maybe just needs a little clean-up.

541172.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always liked them, finally got round to buying one.

I had one of these for a bit and sold it on earlier this year to one of this flock.
    But I now kinda miss it as it really is a legend of a piece.

Watch by Steinhart, sundial by Lynch.

"This one was made in the mid eighteenth century by Lynch of 26 Capel Street, Dublin. It is one of the few dials in Ireland with a time-scale graduated in single minutes. It also features the names of other cities from Bombay to Rio de Janeiro, indicating the moment of solar midday for them. On the right, the cities of Madrid, London, Paris, and Rotterdam can be seen adjacent to the gnomon."
    https://www.excellentstreetimages.com/in-the-year-twentytwenty/dublin-diary-2020/photo-diary-for-december-2020/horizontal-sundial-by-lynch/

541196.jpg

541197.jpg

This is another freebie junk box vintage watch my friend sent me. The brand is Marmon, Switzerland.

541249.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Batman

That's a gorgeous, is that the 39mm Pablo?

Advertisement