Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

2shea wrote: »
    That's a gorgeous, is that the 39mm Pablo?

I was looking at the Steinhart site a few days ago and only saw the 42 on there. Somehow missed the 39mm version.

I think the 39 might be on the cards for me at some point this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I was looking at the Steinhart site a few days ago and only saw the 42 on there. Somehow missed the 39mm version.

I think the 39 might be on the cards for me at some point this year.

It's a beauty the 39mm Titanium from Steinhart.

Steinhart actually made an attempt at making their own dive watch with the 39mm Titanium. It's just a pity they didnt make it with a better clasp (maybe an easy link or Glide lock style adjustment)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

It's a beauty the 39mm Titanium from Steinhart.

This is indeed the 39mm, but it is stainless steel. Steinhart do the 39mm in stainless steel and the 42mm in titanium - so if you want the titanium you will need to go for the bigger one.

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    This is indeed the 39mm, but it is stainless steel. Steinhart do the 39mm in stainless steel and the 42mm in titanium - so if you want the titanium you will need to go for the bigger one.

Oh ok! I always thought you could get the Ti in 39mm also. That's a pitty I love Titanium watches. However that is still a fantastic watch, if they put in a better clasp I'd buy one in a heartbeat! I mean Seiko have some beautiful watches coming out and released for around the €1200 mark, but! They still have pins holding the links in. Very disappointed. The Steinhart bracelet is way ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Also getting a serious goo for steinhart at the moment, will have to add one to the collection this year methinks.
    Any 42mm steins for sale here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Also getting a serious goo for steinhart at the moment, will have to add one to the collection this year methinks.
    Any 42mm steins for sale here?

Its a no brainer, buy one of the popular ones and the inevitable flip will be easy and lucrative enough.

Wasnt there a Pepsi for sale here recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wasnt there a Pepsi for sale here recently?

There was, and it was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's a real Pepsi for sale now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭VW 1

I have a Steinhart Ocean One 39mm black bezel on steel bracelet that I got c.18 months ago but haven't been wearing much at all lately. Not pushed enough to sell it on adverts, but if someone here is looking, I'd be willing to part with it for the 300 I paid for it.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    I have a Steinhart Ocean One 39mm black bezel on steel bracelet that I got c.18 months ago but haven't been wearing much at all lately. Not pushed enough to sell it on adverts, but if someone here is looking, I'd be willing to part with it for the 300 I paid for it.

Sounds good but think I need a 42mm for my 7" wrist.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Relived to see my new Casio is indeed the real deal...that's a weight off my mind.

Capture.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just watch out for the long lugs on the 42mm oceans.

541346.jpg

This is my OVM 1 on a NATO, bracelet would look better as it wears closer to the wrist. Newer ones might have better shaped lugs, but I'm not sure.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

colm18 wrote: »
    Relived to see my new Casio is indeed the real deal...that's a weight off my mind.

There are now fakes which show CASIo when the button is held.
    So it's one of those things that can be used to disqualify authenticity, but not to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

I inherited this pocket watch recently. It belonged to my grand-uncle. It winds fine and ticks nicely, but I haven't changed the time on it as I'm reluctant to pull too hard on anything. Should I pull the crown up for this?
    Hopefully the photos come up OK...
    541350.JPG

541351.JPG

541352.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭redzerredzer

I have a 44mm Steinhart Nav B Pilot that I would sell. I’d have to be advised on a fair price for it.

I have a 44mm Steinhart Nav B Pilot that I would sell. I’d have to be advised on a fair price for it.

Thanks but I'd be after something from the ocean 1 range, not sure which model yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

onmebike wrote: »
    I inherited this pocket watch recently. It belonged to my grand-uncle. It winds fine and ticks nicely, but I haven't changed the time on it as I'm reluctant to pull too hard on anything. Should I pull the crown up for this?
    Hopefully the photos come up OK...
    That's a very nice Hamilton timepiece Onmebike. American made at a time when the American stuff was as high and often higher quality than Swiss offerings and that's certainly the case with your watch. Breguet balance spring, 21 jewel, railroad grade(about the highest for accuracy at the time) sapphire pallet jewels, blued screws, chaton mounted jewels, centre wheel in gold, with fine regulation and adjusted to 5 positions. That's very nice. Made in 1904.

541355.jpeg
    Though it appears to be a triple sunk dial and a very nice one indeed. Real quality you have there and wouldn't have been cheap when new and would be higher quality than the vast majority of watches in the jeweller's window.

As for setting do NOT pull on the crown, that's just for winding. It appears to be a Lever set watch. This is how you set these:

541356.jpeg

The reeded front should screw off(counterclockwise) which will reveal the dial and the lever. They're usually at the bottom right around the 5 marker. Pull it out, set the time, replace front and wind. I've read that railroad grade watches often had this "hidden" setting, to prevent changing the time by mistake when worn, because a mistake could mean...

crash1.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Super information - thanks so much Wibbs.

You were dead right about the lever for setting the time.

541359.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yay! :) It's unusual enough in that it's made to railroad grade, but is intended for a "civilian". Railroad watches had different dials(Arabic numerals rather than Roman). The case is made from "oresilver" which is a nickel alloy, no silver involved, but it sounded cool. :) A watch of that quality with a service by a good watchmaker will easily pass modern chronometer grading. I've a 1920's Longines European railway pocketwatch that isn't a patch on your Hamilton as far as fancy movements go and it loses a few seconds a week. Your grand uncle had great taste. A movement like that would not have been cheap and he could have gotten a much less accurate and cheaper movement in a silver or gold plated case for the same money, or less.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Vostok lume sandwich (Panini).

541366.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Trying out the camera on my new phone (Alcatel 3X) earlier today

DpC53hk.jpeg
    NoQCh4t.jpeg
    Ih0d3La.jpeg
    AskmydV.jpeg
    GFdRM1e.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭fat bloke

IMG-20210129-115133.jpg

My Steiny and Flanders heiny :)

Stupid-Sexy-Flanders.png

It actually does feel like I'm wearing nothing at all (nothing at all!). It's so comfortable as to be unremarkable. Every other watch I've ever had (being bigger) has constantly reminded me of itself but this tight fitting 39 doesn't catch on sleeves as I dress or undress, it doesn't move around and bash its crown off the back of my hand, I haven't banged it off any door handles. Even though convention and fashion say otherwise, it's definitely the right size for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Post it here with pics.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227803&page=204

I may be interested myself depending on price age/condition. Not sure what's a fair price myself. Steinhart divers seem to hold their value well but a lot fewer Fliegers pop up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭redzerredzer

Ryath wrote: »
    Post it here with pics.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227803&page=204

I may be interested myself depending on price age/condition. Not sure what's a fair price myself. Steinhart divers seem to hold their value well but a lot fewer Fliegers pop up for sale.

I’ll send you photos on private messsge. Condition is very good as never got much wear

€85 and it brings me so much joy

Screenshot-20210129-225135-Gallery.jpg

€85 and it brings me so much joy

Like the hands and indices. What's the serial no?

The attachment image is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Haven’t posted here much recently as I’m pretty much watchless at the moment. But I have this on order, will be another few months before it arrives so I’m torn on whether to purchase something else while I wait or not

541421.jpg

Time wrote: »
    Haven’t posted here much recently as I’m pretty much watchless at the moment. But I have this on order, will be another few months before it arrives so I’m torn on whether to purchase something else while I wait or not

Go on get a G-Shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Go on get a G-Shock.

I have dainty little wrists, so unfortunately they look terrible on me and anything over 40 is a no. i have an f91-w though.

Advertisement