Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not so keen on that green one. The other one looks good.

Green one doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Green one has a challenging aesthetic....blue one I am unsure but it is better. Brown leather is business...shoot me a pm I have one for a speedy and I may eve have a deployant for it...but certainly have the strap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

Fitz II wrote: »
    Green one has a challenging aesthetic....blue one I am unsure but it is better. Brown leather is business...shoot me a pm I have one for a speedy and I may eve have a deployment for it...but certainly have the strap

I might be interested in the brown leather and deployant fitz if it’s not taken
    Thanks
    Mick

I might be interested in the brown leather and deployant fitz if it’s not taken
    Thanks
    Mick

It's free to whoever wants it....first come....not promising the deployant will have to check.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's free to whoever wants it....first come....not promising the deployant will have to check.
    Checks to see what 20mm watches I have that would like a brown strap... Only kidding. Fair play Fitz. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Green one has a challenging aesthetic....blue one I am unsure but it is better. Brown leather is business...shoot me a pm I have one for a speedy and I may eve have a deployant for it...but certainly have the strap

Green is less bright than the picture appears and it’s definitely growing on me 😂

Blue is a lot nicer than I was thinking it would be!

Haven’t tried it on a brown leather as of yet!

unkel wrote: »
    Link to that navy leather strap? Looks beautiful!

Got the strap from watchobssession.co.uk it’s the Hirsch Alligator embossed

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Got the strap from watchobssession.co.uk it’s the Hirsch Alligator embossed

Hungry dogs :D Beaten to it buy a minute horoaddict.

On searching I didnt have a deployant...but I do have a bunch of Natos various sizes, I want rid of.....job lot, PM me and send a stamped self addressed envelope they will fit in and they are your.s...20 euro to charity would seem a fair trade.

PXL-20210216-222313295.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Green is less bright than the picture appears and it’s definitely growing on me 😂

Blue is a lot nicer than I was thinking it would be!

Haven’t tried it on a brown leather as of yet!

I like the green, it's got a modern and fresh look, more casual than the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Cassius99 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a Citizen Promaster Tough Titanium, the BN0118-04E, which I had recently purchased.

Since then, partially in order to keep myself occupied through lockdown, I've been trying to track down a few of the other, older variants of the Citizen "Ray Mears". This is the PMT56-2711 Perpetual Calender on a single pass Haveston Nato canvas strap. I really like the Haveston canvas straps, they're not too long, so no excessive folding, are the material is of a good quality and thickness.

Very nice. That is very close to the watch I wanted Citizen to make about 15 or so years ago. I had to settle on a different perpetual date model. Damn thing is still functioning flawlessly, giving me no reason to replace it with one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eljono wrote: »
    I like the green, it's got a modern and fresh look, more casual than the leather.

+1

We need more extravagance! Especially with a black watch like the speedy. A bit boring on a bracelet or on a conservative colour strap. But I know the vast majority of posters in here don't agree with me on this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some new Straps for the Speedy arrived today!

Loving how good it looks on such different straps!

If someone could fix the pictures that would be much appreciated!

*igor voice* Yessss master... :D
    Where did you get the green?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

On searching I didnt have a deployant...but I do have a bunch of Natos various sizes, I want rid of.....job lot, PM me and send a stamped self addressed envelope they will fit in and they are your.s...20 euro to charity would seem a fair trade.
    ]

resist-temptation-i-must.jpg

ahh Jaysus Fitz, I'm tearing up here. :D No, fair play head. Kudos. No sh1tters here. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Where did you get the green?

Got it from colareb

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

mailforkev wrote: »
    Speaking of.

Feels like a changeover day but until a later decision this is it for today.

I like the Monaco, even though I did try one on and it felt a little light, the Gulf version really does it for me

Tried on the blue Monaco in Weir's recently. Beautiful watch but very quirky and although it wears big for 39mm, I found it pretty light too. Quite high, but not uncomfortable (but I'm used to an even higher diving watch). I felt the RRP of €5,500 was absurd for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Tried on the blue Monaco in Weir's recently. Beautiful watch but very quirky and although it wears big for 39mm, I found it pretty light too. Quite high, but not uncomfortable (but I'm used to an even higher diving watch). I felt the RRP of €5,500 was absurd for it though.

it would be even more absurd when you try and sell it on :D

its an icon but personally i cant get along with square or rectangle watches.

Cyrus wrote: »
    it would be even more absurd when you try and sell it on :D

:D

Maybe one day I'll be so rich that I wouldn't have to care about unimportant stuff like heavy depreciation. I doubt it though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I like the Monaco, even though I did try one on and it felt a little light, the Gulf version really does it for me

Funny, I was the exact opposite, planned to get the chrono but preferred the fit of the smaller standard auto. Decent enough size/weight difference between the two. The auto is quite an unusual size, 37mm (I think) width but with 22mm lugs.

They are very much a used buy only.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »

Also ordered a cheapo canvas strap for the IWC to try out. No photos yet, but will add some when I swap it over.

I opened the cheap canvas strap for my Spitfire yesterday.
    Shocked to discover that it's IWC branded!

Not great quality on the strap, very, very stiff and the leather lining is poor quality yet it's stamped as "IWC"!
    It's even got an IWC branded clasp.
    No stitching on the tang holes and just feels poor.
    That said, it's far better quality than some straps I've paid far more for.

Big difference in the quality of the clasp to the gen, from even just the "positive" click on close.
    With the gen, you know it's secure with the copy you're never quite sure.
    I'd bought it as an aviator style strap, wasn't expecting it to be branded.

MVIMG-20210217-113332.jpg
    MVIMG-20210217-113323.jpg
    IMG-20210217-113250.jpg
    MVIMG-20210217-113243.jpg
    MVIMG-20210217-113237.jpg

• Advertisement

^ that strap colour is the bomb for a black dial military style watch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Get your feet off the good furniture, ffs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Get your feet off the good furniture, ffs! :pac:

Ahhh my wife is out and today is a trackie pants and slippers day :P
    If you don't tell her...
    She'll never know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I brought my digital camera with me today to channel my inner Oisín O'Malley.

The San Martin Retro Diver in the Bots.

543966.JPG

543967.JPG

Nowhere as good I know but then I haven't got a daughter who's studying videography or a €30k+ watch collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭redlead

mailforkev wrote: »

They are very much a used buy only.

Out of curiosity, what would you view the used price for one that is maybe 2 years old in very good condition? You often hear about massive depreciation on watches but I don't see it on Chrono24. I'm talking about the grey new price versus used as the RRP isn't the real value of most new watches. It could be a case that they just have unrealistic prices and aren't selling or am I just looking in the wrong place? Where are most people here buying their used watches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

My last few purchases have all been from lads on here or via Adverts (two Boardsie sales, one private sale on Adverts, and one from a dealer on Adverts).

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Steinhart GMT

AP7jN9ul.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Longines 280 :)

543991.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Retro day. A recently-acquired circa 1974 seiko 7006. Smaller watch than I'm used to but easily readable, I really like it.

IMG-20210217-142711.jpg

• Advertisement

Warm, champfered crystals on those last two (the Longines and the Seiko)....so nice.

Advertisement