Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Warm, champfered crystals on those last two (the Longines and the Seiko)....so nice.

I actually picked it up on someone's recommendation in here 2-3 years ago on eBay...can't remember who it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Sunnier times.

544115.jpg

SRPE53

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Longines 280 :)

I'm guessing Late 1960s? Looks great for 50 odd years old. I think it's a hand winder, how long does it stay going after you wind it?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Longines 280 :)

I'm guessing Late 1960s? Looks great for 50 odd years old. I think it's a hand winder, how long does it stay going after you wind it?

1965, about 2 days between winds...I normally only wear it for 1 day at a time though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I actually picked it up on someone's recommendation in here 2-3 years ago on eBay...can't remember who it was though

Guilty yer honner;)

1965, about 2 days between winds...I normally only wear it for 1 day at a time though

That's very good. Think it came from Albania/Bulgaria direction, June 2018 maybe. Glad you're still enjoying it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Guilty yer honner;)

That's very good. Think it came from Albania/Bulgaria direction, June 2018 maybe. Glad you're still enjoying it.

I actually thought it was you :D
    ..yeah seller was based in Bulgaria, think he's relocated to the US these times

Took these earlier but my imgur would not work for me all day until now.

You know how sometimes you go through phases of not wearing a watch for ages and then you lose the weight so the bracelet fits you again remember how great it is and wear it tons?

Yep. Me neither.

edit: Watch actually filthy in pics. Even for me. Grossed out. Will replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Working from home (a year next month) get up. Out of shot, disgusting Man United 3rd jersey from last year.

544207.jpg

Love that OP, it and the Aqua Terra are my current grail watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Birneybau wrote: »
    Working from home (a year next month) get up. Out of shot, disgusting Man United 3rd jersey from last year.

Glad to see it's not just me in Trackie bottoms and a decent watch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Nice OP Birneybau. I’m going for a slightly smaller size myself today too.

9-E2-B8-D5-F-670-A-4-E0-B-9351-BEFCB33-AAA3-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

mailforkev wrote: »
    Nice OP Birneybau. I’m going for a slightly smaller size myself today too.

There are some beautiful smaller size Rolexes (Rollii?) on here today...

There are some beautiful smaller size Rolexes (Rollii?) on here today...

Throw your new one up

Birneybau wrote: »

I'm waiting for a new bracelet to land, and then I will.

I'm waiting for a new bracelet to land, and then I will.

It looks fine on that piece of twine you've been using.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

No sunshine to catch the blue hands today sadly

FC897168-4-EBD-460-A-819-F-150734-D84527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

With me referring to Dolphins so much over the last few months regarding my 1966 4006-7000 Bell-Matic, I received an unexpected gift:D

qUpCxq9.jpg

DFEfxiB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,570 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

893bet wrote: »
    No sunshine to catch the blue hands today sadly

Even still those hands look amazing, almost vantablack like

It's not quite an IWC today ;) but a far more accurate timepiece in reality.

IMG-20210219-132033.jpg

Obligatory!
    arnold-schwarzenegger-predator.gif

banie01 wrote: »

Must be all those sticky out bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

Tracksuits are the new office attire!!

544221.jpg

I have a one watch in, one watch out policy. I recently sold my Omega Seamaster on the rubber strap, and have replaced it with this Datejust 1603 from 1976 that I found on Adverts. I have it on various straps at the moment, including a madly expensive, but pretty damned cool and comfortable Bulang & Son bund, as I await the arrival of a jubilee hopefully next week. It's a beautiful watch, silver dial, and serviced a couple of years ago.

6nB7AmH.jpg

Ec2r3c6.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Reckoned a padded tan pigskin strap looked wrong for this so won an auction last week for a black genuine lizard strap. Under a tenner all in. Can't go wrong

544353.jpg

Also thought I'd do some research into the model it was and found out it is a "Coronation V".

544354.jpg

All of 225 bucks in 1950. Cheap at half the price. :D Actually in 1950 the average months wages was around 250 dollars so not chump change either.

Longines advertise their "Evidenza" model as the one that Humphrey Bogart wore in Casablanca and other flics, but in my humble no way is it the Evidenza, totally different curved tonneau shape, but much more likely a "Coronation".

Himself in the Big Sleep.

544355.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Seiko Recraft SSC669, which I had picked up a couple of years back, and then which I completely neglected as I could never find a suitable strap to match it.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of most NATO straps due to their size, but found this one yesterday in a box and I think it pairs with the watch quite well.

zrgDnK6.jpg

Obligatory!
    arnold-schwarzenegger-predator.gif

And now I'm not selling this anymore :pac:
    Ended up withdrawing it from adverts yesterday as I just fell into liking it again after wearing it for a while...

And!

Mrs Banie commented on how cool it is! ;)
    I think I'm in there :P

And now I'm not selling this anymore :pac:
    Ended up withdrawing it from adverts yesterday as I just fell into liking it again after wearing it for a while...

And!

Mrs Banie commented on how cool it is! ;)
    I think I'm in there :P

Yeah, I'm just gonna use mine as a G-Shock alternative. Cool watch alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Another Saturday night locked in!

544413.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fierce fancy fography goin on there PF :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Digging through the attic doing a tidy up. As you don't. I found my very first ever watch. Gifted to me by my grandparents for Christmas when I would have been six. Haven't see it in years.

544414.jpg

I've grown. Not much mind. :) Makes much of the antimagnetics going on. Just another cheap Swiss no name brand that the cheap quartz digitals killed off. Wound it up and away it ran. Must be 40 years later.

544415.jpg

Pin pallet movement. Ticks like it means it. One jewel. One. And looks like it's been assembled by someone with evil intent and four thumbs. Actually has great amplitude and seems to be running bang on time.

Still that's genesis. It's even wire lugged and requires a one piece strap. Start as you mean to go on I suppose. :D Next watch I got was another pin pallet "divers" watch by mortima. And I picked that one out. Cos Jacques Cousteau. :)

• Advertisement

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Another Saturday night locked in!

Great looking watch PF, better than the sub homage one I have. Nicely taken photo too.

Advertisement