Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

I have officially entered the dark side! Got my first watch box delivered today :)

l21BuU4.jpg

mgnrhXr.jpg

uDd7Poz.jpg

Ne1DymF.jpg

qu84wgS.jpg

Nothing too fancy, here is the eBay listing [Link]

The pocket watch belonged to my great grandfather, the small blue quartz was my first watch and the Pulsar beside it was my daily until it broke and I went looking for something special to replace it and as they say the rest is history! :D

smfv8eN.jpg

And of course, the all important Silca Gel packet :D

urVYELi.jpg

5hT3Fp0.jpg

6X36g93.jpg

l6dXGma.jpg

Fn0vxdY.jpg

And later out on a walk enjoying the sun

ldoCqRz.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have officially entered the dark side!
    Aye defo Stage Four Hairy hands alright.

5456272971_0911a874ec.jpg

:D
    The pocket watch belonged to my great grandfather
    Pity about the handset, though that's part of the history and unusually for a non radium dial originally it got a radium hour hand. Actually, I must dig about in my stash, because I may have a full radium cathedral hands hour and minutes that might fit that watch. I got a card of them years ago in the hope they were for a wristwatch, but no luck I'll have a look manana. If I do you're welcome to them IP.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Wibbs wrote: »
    Pity about the handset, though that's part of the history and unusually for a non radium dial originally it got a radium hour hand. Actually, I must dig about in my stash, because I may have a full radium cathedral hands hour and minutes that might fit that watch. I got a card of them years ago in the hope they were for a wristwatch, but no luck I'll have a look manana. If I do you're welcome to them IP.

Thanks Wibbs :) Have posted it before in more detail [Link] Haven't been able to find much about it, so many different makers during that time period. Must look at a watchmaker that services pocket watches and while I'm at it must also get the Heuer Stopwatch serviced as still amazed to have a Heuer for €40! :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks Wibbs :) Have posted it before in more detail [Link] Haven't been able to find much about it, so many different makers during that time period.
    Seven jewels, but three adjustments with it. You don't see that very often at all. Cool. Gunmetal case too. That's kinda unusual for a civilian piece as back then it was hard to machine compared to nickel or precious metals like silver and gold, so was pricier than nickel/brass etc. Yep, defo going to look for those hands now. :)
    still amazed to have a Heuer for €40! :cool:
    Man after my own heart. Or we're both from Cavan with Scots in the blood. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Saturday Night Poker
    ABirjTel.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Still love my moonwatch

OVFT88Tl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Our company has set up a team building walking / running / exercise thing. Bit of craic. So we all got one of these. A virgin Maxx buzz. Looks like the basic fit bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭Homer

Finally a bit of sunshine and warmer temperatures, so I stuck an orange Barton on the Emergency. Actually first time wearing the emergency this year.

7843-B051-7-F46-4-E9-D-8771-26799-E981-D7-C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Vintage Yema Sous Marine ('underwater') undergoing the obligatory sundial photoshoot today.

545330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Homer wrote: »
    Finally a bit of sunshine and warmer temperatures, so I stuck an orange Barton on the Emergency. Actually first time wearing the emergency this year.

That is a teenage dream of mine!
    I'd totally end up being fined for activation of the beacon tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Daily wear at this point. Luckily skerries is inside our 5k. Lovely walk and coffee from la bakery

BAFE35-DA-DC55-4068-9-CE1-27-B338175565.jpg

Daily wear at this point. Luckily skerries is inside our 5k. Lovely walk and coffee from la bakery

That rule doesn't apply to cyclists does it? :D

That rule doesn't apply to cyclists does it? :D

I won’t tell nphet if I see the stowa passing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

Finally a bit of sunshine and warmer temperatures, so I stuck an orange Barton on the Emergency. Actually first time wearing the emergency l]

Funnily enough I have the exact same Barton strap on for the same reason today. Sadly mine is on a sh1tter though. Thats a glorious piece of kit you have. Out of interest, did you buy it for a legitimate purpose? Its one of the last true tool watches out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭Homer

redlead wrote: »
    Funnily enough I have the exact same Barton strap on for the same reason today. Sadly mine is on a sh1tter though. Thats a glorious piece of kit you have. Out of interest, did you buy it for a legitimate purpose? Its one of the last true tool watches out there.

Nope nothing like that. I like the brand and the design of that particular model and was interested in the tech functionality. It’s always an interesting topic of conversation if people spot it or ask about it.

I did have to supply a copy of my passport at the time and that’s registered with Breitling. The new version, apart from being more than twice the price of the original, comes in at 51mm which is far too big for my wrists!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finally a bit of sunshine and warmer temperatures, so I stuck an orange Barton on the Emergency. Actually first time wearing the emergency this year

Just in case you fall within your 5km.

Had loaned this to my father, Shinola Runwell. A few years old. Overpriced but how and ever.

545386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

[url=https:jpg[/img][/url]

That’s a great pic! Looks really good!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Had loaned this to my father, Shinola Runwell. A few years old. Overpriced but how and ever.

Preferred brand of Obama if memory serves?
    Proper presidential ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    Proper presidential ;)

And Billy Clinton I believe.

• Advertisement

1998 Longines Conquest Titanium 1000 Oersted Very High Precision quartz.

545392.jpg

Still bang on atomic time since I set it in September. Sweet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

banie01 wrote: »
    Proper presidential ;)

I thought Obama wore a Jorg Gray?
    I suppose its possible he has more than one watch!

http://www.barackswatch.com/

I thought Obama wore a Jorg Gray?
    I suppose its possible he has more than one watch!

http://www.barackswatch.com/

I'd say he has a few alright.
    He's known for Shinola, he gifted 1 to Cameron with a presidential seal engraved on the back too iirc.

Birneybau wrote: »
    And Billy Clinton I believe.

Clinton preferred Huers, allegedly.

Clinton preferred Huers, allegedly.

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Good nato there with the Speedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Little teaser of incoming.....should be today unless UPS are on strike. Who can guess (those that already know hush)

Screenshot-2021-03-01-094508.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Look like a bastardised grand seiko?

Good nato there with the Speedy.

Erikas Original

https://erikasoriginals.com/

Super comfy. Has a bit of stretch in it so never to tight or to loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

Fitz II wrote: »
    Little teaser of incoming.....should be today unless UPS are on strike. Who can guess (those that already know g[/IMG]

Fitz, if you are wondering why the forum is very quiet today, it's because half of us are hiding in the hedge outside your house with baseball bats waiting for a UPS van to come around the corner

Advertisement