Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

redlead wrote: »
    Fitz, if you are wondering why the forum is very quiet today, it's because half of us are hiding in the hedge outside your house with baseball bats waiting for a UPS van to come around the corner

Well UPS let me down today, out for delivery today, and then at 6pm they change it to "address information needs updating"....I have seen this before it just en excusee for missing shipping times.....pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The anticipation is killing me - can't imagine how you're feeling Fitz

Patek Perpetual Calendar with grey dial??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I get anxiety when UPS miss a delivery window with my wine subscription I cannot imagine the levels of anxiety it would be if it was a Patek.

I know this stuff is insured and it’s C19 times but still the heart would be pumping :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

If it was a Patek the anxiety would be high. But if it was a grand seiko......unbearable.

All day polishing his loupe....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

To be fair though - the equivalent to Patek would be a Credor with the prices some of their pieces go for (for those who don't know Credor would be Grand Grand Seiko :D - but built mainly to Japanese domestic tastes).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If I were Fitz;
    tenor.gif
    Clearly he's made of sterner stuff. :) Can't wait to see the reveal.

The Credor are off the wall alright, though beautifully made. There's even a springdrive one... :D

On topic

545522.jpg

Tried it with this faux croc one piece "bund". I'm preferring it to the nato tbh. Must keep an eye out for one in plain brown/tan/black. The lugs being curved make it a curse for sizing. It's technically a 22mm, but that looks well odd, 20 is better, though I like the above 18 on it. Understrapping is so vintage don't you know... :) Going on very rare photos of the factory fitted sewn on straps they look to be 19-20mm originally. And daftly long for fitting over flight jackets, with strap extensions to fit over the pilot's leg.

Maybe I could go full hipster and wear it over my sleeve? Though I'm not nearly so cool nor Italian enough to be able to pull that off like Gianni Agnelli.

d2e4738f41fad558f3c0339ce9730632.jpg

He even did it with a Pulsar digital. :D

Gianni-Agnelli-wrist-watch.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And he drove to and from work in a tiny Fiat X19, apparently. Very sensible of him. I have always wodered if the engine was stock or not.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Well UPS let me down today, out for delivery today, and then at 6pm they change it to "address information needs updating"....I have seen this before it just en excusee for missing shipping times.....pricks

I feel for you - see my 3-day ordeal with DHL in the chat thread.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I feel for you - see my 3-day ordeal with DHL in the chat thread.

I am not worried, it will get to me. I have had a lot of problems with the money transfer I will get into another time. I wanted it today the 1st of March....I could have set it today and not have to set it again for 365 days....not quite a perpetual.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I could have set it today and not have to set it again for 365 days....not quite a perpetual.
    Ah here Fitz. I'd look for my money back. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ah here Fitz. I'd look for my money back. :)

He should of held out for a Grand seiko

Springdrive. :)

5-AE8759-A-111-A-45-EB-9-F65-604-AFEE5-E7-D8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Wibbs wrote: »
    Springdrive. :)

Eco-Drive from Creation :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I am not worried, it will get to me. I have had a lot of problems with the money transfer I will get into another time. I wanted it today the 1st of March....I could have set it today and not have to set it again for 365 days....not quite a perpetual.

Do you have honest neighbours? I hear thieves are following the courier vans around parts of Dublin now. :eek:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

blue5000 wrote: »
    Do you have honest neighbours? I hear thieves are following the courier vans around parts of Dublin now. :eek:
    What part of Dublin? asking for a friend

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

dinorebel wrote: »
    What part of Dublin? asking for a friend

Finglas;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finglas;)

In fairness whilst there would be a high demand for dental work in that area....
    Could they afford Fitz?!

Finglas;)

That’s where Fitz takes his dogs for a ****e I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »
    That’s where Futz takes his dogs for a ****e I heard.

I'd bet the dog's collar is spring drive too! ;)

• Advertisement

Better Photos this evening. Patek Annual Calander 5205g-010

IMG-0029.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,025 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

beautiful, congrats fitz

That's a real beauty F. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Wow fitz congrats. That’s a 40k watch?

Wow fitz congrats. That’s a 40k watch?

At retail it was around 44k...discounts were commonplace (its discontinued now) I paid 65% of retail on this 2014 watch....there is some value in this watch, about the only place there is value these days. It is stunning....I will get some art shots later and delete that phone photo does it no justice.Thanks to 836Bet for his wise council on this purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stunning timepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What a belter that is! Well wear Fitz

Now that’s a Patek. A real one. Not a “sports” one. Or imaginary one.

Such a flawless execution of a complication. The integration of it into the dial is perfect.

Trinity completed. Get us a trio shot also.

893bet wrote: »
    Now that’s a Patek. A real one. Not a “sports” one. Or imaginary one. .

Imaginary Calatrava was next on the list. :D (in joke)

• Advertisement

Congrats, Fitz, very nice. That was really clever of you to get it delivered at 4am while the bandits camping out in the hedges were snoozing.

Advertisement