Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Fitz II wrote: »
    ..I will get some art shots later and delete that phone photo does it no justice..

I doubt any photos will do that watch justice . Stunning watch and well wear . At that price safe wear as well , I wouldn’t be wearing it walking the dog !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Better Photos this evening. Patek Annual Calander 5205g-010

You could always send it over to me Fitz - I'll help you take some photos ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Congrats Fitz, bet you are glad that arrived, otherwise the wind up merchants on here would have another day at the keyboard:D. Hope you wear it in good health and enjoy it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Absolutely stunning Fitz!
    Well wear and enjoy it!
    Would love to see a Trinity shot too when you get your arty self so inclined to take one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Perpetual calendar A-T Eco-Drive.

My photo doesn't do it justice. :(

545589.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Thirdfox wrote: »
    You could always send it over to me Fitz - I'll help you take some photos ;)

Not a chance, you would pressure test the fcuker :D

You could corner the Instagram underwater Patek photography sphere :D

Thirdfox wrote: »
    You could corner the Instagram underwater Patek photography sphere :D

We live very close to each other, I would love to see your Octo at some point and pick up my Solas from the man himself.

I am not cool enough to be on the gram, seems a platform for people with short attention spans who dont want the detail of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's class Fitz, well wear!

Looking forward to those pictures tonight

We live very close to each other, I would love to see your Octo at some point and pick up my Solas from the man himself.

I am not cool enough to be on the gram, seems a platform for people with short attention spans who dont want the detail of things.

Hopefully things may have lightened up somewhat by May/June.

https://www.instagram.com/timepiecehistory/ is a good one actually for more in-depth history of pieces (not saying this because he covered Sólás :P ) he writes for watch mags too and this is his personal "play" account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Rootsblower

Fantastic Fitz wear it in good health.

I’m not jealous at all!!!!!

Totally in love so far, haven't been this please with a watch in ages. Worth the loss of my Pepsi (never though about it since) and beloved Milgauss (I love you milly). Never had a watch with a movement of smooth. Design is so minimal and uncluttered for a complex watch. I had a strong desire to complete the Holy Trinity. I know its a load of old rubbish, but the collector in me had that goal.

Decided against a Sports Patek because honestly cant afford one, and needed a dress watch in the collection. This fit the bill kinda sporty for dress patek. Bounced about 1000 watches off 836Bet and this one stuck.

Pros : White gold has nice yellow sheen, Dial is lovely and legible, Moonphase, comfortable, presentation box is next level. Those lugs.

Cons: Wear more 39 than 40mm, pateks are generally small. No deployant (4k extra), Have to take care to set at the right time. Expensive to service.

Some photos.

IMG-0029.jpg

IMG-00433423423.jpg

PXL-20210302-173159438.jpg

IMG-00411123123.jpg

IMG-0001-2.jpg

A few of the Trinity complete

PXL-20210302-174246379.jpg

IMG-0068888768768.jpg

The Shrine as my kids call it, thank to Time of this Parish for the AP box to complete it.

PXL-20210302-174453557.jpg

Am I done now?, please lord let me be done and get away from this illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

By Paddy's day you'll be looking for another Milgauss:).

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Beautiful collection fitz. Well wear on all of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Total beauty Fitz. :) The dials on those are beyond exquisite in execution.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Not until you get that spring drive .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Never had a watch with a movement of smooth.

Bbbut you never actually own a Patek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

blue5000 wrote: »
    By Paddy's day you'll be looking for another Milgauss:).
    Bbbut you never actually own a Patek.

He owns this one....unless he decided to do a YouTube review on it and then return for a refund.

That’s an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Hahahaha good one. We all know watches are an addiction you never beat, just learn to live with.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    He owns this one....unless he decided to do a YouTube review on it and then return for a refund.

That’s an option.

I looked into it, and if I do enough reviews of 30 euro amazon Rolex ripoffs I get a free watch roll complete with two imaginary pateks.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Looking for help here.

I bought this Datejust 1603 recently. It came on a strap, but I went and found an original jubilee bracelet with all 22 links and the correct end links. All grand, until I went to remove one of the links. It took a long time to get the tiniest bit of movement and then nothing. So, what do you do in such a situation? Reach for the Leatherman of course. And then I think I made a boo boo. It seems I have crushed the top of the screw head.

Any clues/ideas on how to get it out? Maybe I should just bring it in to Breretons?

6nB7AmHs.jpg

1SbHAEMb.jpg

TZ0iByGb.jpg

QdeoDyob.jpg

you shagged that screw a bit, but not to worry, get the right sharp screwdriver and good one (good tools are not an expense they are an investment) and the sharp driver will dig in and tighten that screw, then remove another one. Try heating the screw a little first with hot water or a butane torch.

Or bring it to a watchmaker, or watch fix place. Those bracelets are hard to get and expensive, not a leatherman job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Take it to a jewellers. If a screw tightens up when you are trying to remove it, especially something that small; stop and put some oil on it and then gingerly try and screw it back in and then try backing out again. And repeat as necessary. Clean the metal filth there before trying that, iy you want to risk it yourself. Press a small bit of blu-tac on that head and pull off to remove all the mess.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Take it to a jewellers. If a screw tightens up when you are trying to remove it, especially something that small; stop and put some oil on it and then gingerly try and screw it back in and then try backing out again. And repeat as necessary.

I put some gun oil on it and let it soak in overnight but to no avail. Those screws are tiny and it was hard to hold the bracelet steady. It moved a couple of turns and then wouldn't budge in or out.

"you shagged that screw a bit"

I did indeed. The Leatherman was the only thing I had approaching a needlepoint pliers. You're right about the bracelets - hard to find a good one with any - not the just the right - end links. I had bought a replica one, but it was rubbish and the end links didn't fit, so sent it back and went full on vintage real deal.

It'll be a nice watch when I get it sorted, I reckon.

I've a piece of cloth here holding it tight against my wrist.

GpVx1y4.jpg

I went out today and bought some better quality precision screwdrivers. That, the ever-trusty Leatherman, a hammer, some patience and voila - I have me a jubilee bracelet that fits perfectly. The head of the pin I had made a mess of broke off, so there were a bit of brute force needed to get that out. I'm quite sure they're familiar with the concept of brute force in all Rolex Service Centres as well.

Happy with this now on the bracelet, but also looks excellent on leather.

oFPLalH.jpg

JOF4a6J.jpg

:D Very nice, a classic, also like the casual speedmaster sitting in the background :D

:D Very nice, a classic, also like the casual speedmaster sitting in the background :D

You are not accusing me of staging a photo, surely? Moi?

I'm slowly building a collection of classic, but mainstream, watches. I try to de-mainstream them by putting them on bunds etc. There will be another classic mainstream this year, but not sure what just yet. How does one round out a very square collection?

classic, but mainstream, watches.

You cant go wrong with this and IMHO and excellent strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

How does one round out a very square collection?

Milgauss on a black Barton, with orange on the inside of the strap. Classic watch with a dash of colour complimenting/picking up on the second hand. All green might be nice, but could be a little garish also.

Advertisement