Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Cyrus wrote: »
    yes fitz let me know, its gone now though, Thomas is only sending me half the stuff it seems :D

i would have bought it if it checked out tbh...

Damn it. I need to work harder to pry that VC from your hands!

I only get the odd one myself from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Another seiko, a bit battered but with sentimental value despite the non original bracelet.[/quote]

Is there a reference/model number on the back of that by any chance? I got that model for my 21sr and lost it along the years would like to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Bren_C wrote: »

Is there a reference/model number on the back of that by any chance?

V732-0P30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

For Wibbs, shold have cleaned it more

IMG-0016.jpg

Some presents from da wife to mark the new watch

PXL-20210304-202028198.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My Steinhart GP LE

545860.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

That is a cool looking Steinhart!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

This time last year I was in Prague on my way to the airport after getting my 1930s Silvo pilot's watch with help thanks to Wibbs :)

eKxWDRL.jpg

A6oWpw2.jpg

On a walk a year later,how things have changed, but I'm really grateful to this forum and watches( not sure if that's a good thing?! :D ) for keeping me going and looking forward to going on more adventures in the future and seeing what the next hunt finds! ;):)

MvXZebX.jpg

rK14SEr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Drinking coffee and tasting croissants.

545898.jpg

Tissot Ballade Powermatic 80 Chronometer.
    Luxury watch on a limited budget. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

I’m with the dude, they’re fugly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

IMG-20210306-120340-1.jpg

Funny how or why some watches get under the skin and tickle the fancy. I haven't taken this off since I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Out for a little constitutional this morning, walking what's colloquially known on Limerick as the 3 bridges and the urge to try an post a quality photo of watch and backdrop alà CT overwhelmed me :)

Limerick in the sunshine has some lovely backdrops and also, not shown in the photos...
    People :)
    That said, I dunno if I'd have taken the watch off to stage a pic better :P :pac:

[img][/img]IMG-20210306-122046.jpg
    IMG-20210306-122918.jpg

Was down there yesterday feeding the swans!

893bet wrote: »
    Was down there yesterday feeding the swans!

It really has to be one of the nicest inner city walks in Ireland imo.
    You can go from a city centre to walking wetland riverbanks in just a few minutes and there's always something new to see be it a bit of wildlife, or just people watching.

Delighted it's within my 5km :)
    Finished up with a cheeseburger springroll and a milkshake from the curragower!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

banie01 wrote: »
    You can go from a city centre to walking wetland riverbanks in just a few minutes and there's always something new to see be it a bit of wildlife, or just people watching.

I feel its time for a SOTC Banie

Fitz II wrote: »
    I feel its time for a SOTC Banie

You aren't wrong Fitz.
    I will have to get one up soon.
    It's almost time to let the world know I've been subsumed into low to mid-tier watch madness ;)

You aren't wrong Fitz.
    I will have to get one up soon.
    It's almost time to let the world know I've been subsumed into low to mid-tier watch madness ;)

With breitling, iwc and tudors in your arsenal it looks to me like you have kicked it up a notch!

893bet wrote: »
    With breitling, iwc and tudors in your arsenal it looks to me like you have kicked it up a notch!

Maybe, but very much on a budget and with an understanding Mrs ;)
    All of us are in the same boat.

Be a long time before I'm playing in the same league of some posters here, you included!
    Well unless GME really does hit that mythical gamma squeeze!
    Then I may just buy a green Patek just because I can :pac:

I'd think that the Mrs would have us move 1st tho!
    She's mad for a view and bit of stone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

I love the superocean Banie. It's a very busy dial but it just pulls it off somehow. They're built like tanks too, you wouldn't be too worried about what you do in it.

What IWC do you have? They're a brand that I have nothing against. Their designs just aren't generally to my taste. That's usually the type of watch I end up owning after going full circle lol

redlead wrote: »
    I love the superocean Banie. It's a very busy dial but it just pulls it off somehow. They're built like tanks too, you wouldn't be too worried about what you do in it.

What IWC do you have? They're a brand that I have nothing against. Their designs just aren't generally to my taste. That's usually the type of watch I end up owning after going full circle lol

I have the Breitling a couple of years now, it's managed to survive being dropped numerous times by my klutzy self :)
    Tank of a watch.

I picked up the IWC towards the end of last year.
    Bought in early November(as a little bday present to myself) but thanks to some DHL shenanigans it took almost 8weeks to get to me.
    It's a new to me ;) 3878-02 with the slate dial.

IMG-20210106-095944.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭redlead

I picked up the IWC towards the end of last year.
    Bought in early November(as a little bday present to myself) but thanks to some DHL shenanigans it took almost 8weeks to get to me.
    It's a new to me ;) 3878-02 with the g][/url]
    Thats lovely to be fair. Quite the collection now alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

Cold winter's evening, Munster in town v heavyweight French/English opposition.electric atmosphere in Limerick....shur where else would you stop off?

Sudden craving for the hot wings from the gower mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Mido Ocean Star Captain IV

dFFoPVH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

a4e03568-70ea-401c-bc4b-ee2556d54774.jpg

Hidden away in a cupboard for awhile but this is the watch that got me back into this mad hobby.

Bet you guys saw this coming. :)

I just sold Bill Gates' watch {Casio Duro) in my 1st watch sale ever and now added this to the collectioné.

Osama Bin Laden's favourite watch, the Casio F-91W.

546121.JPG

As you can see it's loaded with static electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

I hope it’s not a fake cycling

That's legit :) Some of the fakes are very good now but they still get a few details on the dial wrong or poorly printed.

No, it's the real mcCoy. Passed the Jodie, press the bottom right button for 3sec., test with flying colours.

546151.JPG

Unfortunately there are now fakes which pass the CASio test. However they get a bunch of things (font weight etc) wrong on the dial, plus the overall print quality is just not as good. If you have one in your hand (or clear pictures like this) it's still pretty easy to tell genuine vs fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Crazy that there's profit to be made in faking a 7 euro watch!

Advertisement