Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

A lovely sunny day out there. Both of these watches are strap monsters. And, yes I know, there's a lot of denim going on here.

v27V9vD.jpg

fjvz9NF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

A lovely sunny day out there. Both of these watches are strap monsters. And, yes I know, there's a lot of denim going on here.

Double denim ?? Are you taking fashion tips from Jay Leno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

scwazrh wrote: »
    Double denim ?? Are you taking fashion tips from Jay Leno?

Texas tuxedo all the way baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The Canadian tuxedo.

Datejust looks good on the new bracelet.

mailforkev wrote: »
    The Canadian tuxedo.

Datejust looks good on the new bracelet.

I'd triple denim if I could.

Thanks Kev. It does indeed. I was worried there'd be a fitting issue but I seem to have got the correct end links so all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Milguass

IMG-20210307-150616.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Long overdue a few snaps of this, very dramatic light this evening for a few shots! Still on the honeymoon with this watch - happy to report the Alpha caliber has settled down to a flatline +/- 0 seconds per day. Lost 1 second over the last two weeks compared to time.is

546175.jpeg
    546173.jpeg
    546174.jpeg

I'm alternating between the original Shell Cordovan on deployant and the blue-black textile strap from the newer Ahoi. Was a bit of a gamble putting it on fabric, hoping it's paid off. I really wanted something non-leather and more casual (non tapered) for the sunnier days. It's a very fine line between this and a Danny Welly on tricolour nato.

546172.jpeg

My attempt to pull off a 35mm dress watch with jeans and runners :pac:

546176.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

My new (to me) Sinn 104 that I picked up from Homer over the weekend.

BCFlcx1l.jpeg

I have to say that I am a fan! The pic doesn't do it justice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If I were buying new watches, those last two would be pretty much top of my list. :) Didn't realise the Nomos is 35mm. Cool and makes a nice change.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    If I were buying new watches, those last two would be pretty much top of my list. :) Didn't realise the Nomos is 35mm. Cool and makes a nice change.
    I'm really enjoying wearing smaller, lighter watches of late - it wears every bit of the 35mm and more. If I was to re-buy another Stowa I'd make it the Marine small seconds in 36mm.

Visually I think it pairs quite well with the 104 in a 2 watch sports/dress collection - surprisingly they have exactly the same size visible dial real estate at 32mm, no huge difference in the lug to lug either.

That said it does feel a bit like I've lead on my wrist when I go back to the 104 on the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

That Nomos is pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

A Nomos is on my radar as a wedding watch. Would love to go for something like an OP or a ultra thin but I think the Nomos is just as nice with the added bonus of not disrupting the budget too much.

Now Club vs. Orion? That’s the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Having caught up, I'm still intrigued by cheeseburger spring roll. Would they travel well Banie?

Also, FullaDaPipes, I've done treble denim before. You just have to commit. Next time we go for a pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Birneybau wrote: »
    Having caught up, I'm still intrigued by cheeseburger spring roll. Would they travel well Banie?

Also, FullaDaPipes, I've done treble denim before. You just have to commit. Next time we go for a pint...

Now there’s an idea — Post COVID boardies meet up and all wearing denim !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have to travel to Limerick for the spring rolls though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Blue-Jeans-Paint-Bund-Watch-Strap-Band-/273698011620

I’ll just leave this here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Post COVID boardies meet up and all wearing denim and tackies if it's Limerick.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Birneybau wrote: »

I don't know how well they'd travel but they are certainly worth a visit ;)
    Also, easy enough to make at home too and one I'm digging a recipe out for today.

david wrote: »

Spent yesterday afternoon watching Smokey and the Bandit, who coincidentally seems to have a watch band with denim in it. Anyone name his watch? Buford T. Justice seems to be wearing a President?

GqeGds3.jpg

LIBmNuk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭Ryath

Spent yesterday afternoon watching Smokey and the Bandit, who coincidentally seems to have a watch band with denim in it. Anyone name his watch?

Seems be a Timex 47870 diver. It's not on a strap its a Navejo silver cuff piece with turquoise stones!

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/smokey-and-the-bandit-what-watch-was-he-wearing.219360/page-2
    timex-47870-jpg.15009495

eXgGqf.jpg

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Seems be a Timex 47870 diver. It's not on a strap its a Navejo silver cuff piece with turquoise stones!

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/smokey-and-the-bandit-what-watch-was-he-wearing.219360/page-2

Fair play to you. I can't say it's the most attractive watch/strap combination ever, but each to their own.

Are we agreed on the Rolex President then?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

546366.jpgSeiko SKX "Custard Cake" on superoyster bracelet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The Honda Civic or Ford Focus of watches (and I mean that as a compliment) - does what it purports to do, plus it even underwent individual movement testing per ISO 6425...so money spent on the things that matter, and not on the things that "don't" for a "tool" watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thirdfox wrote: »
    The Honda Civic or Ford Focus of watches (and I mean that as a compliment) - does what it purports to do, plus it even underwent individual movement testing per ISO 6425...so money spent on the things that matter, and not on the things that "don't" for a "tool" watch :)

Ha, ha. I have been truly pidgeon holed. I drive a 16 year old Civic Type R and my latest watch is a Seiko Ti Samurai that is about the same age.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

EP 3 I presume? Cracking car those. 22 year old Integra Type R here. Both keeping the faith/being totally daft. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wibbs wrote: »
    EP 3 I presume? Cracking car those. 22 year old Integra Type R here. Both keeping the faith/being totally daft. :D

Yes, EP3. Epic car. I'll bet you love the Green Party and Gormley as much as I do.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yes, EP3. Epic car. I'll bet you love the Green Party and Gormley as much as I do.
    Sweet. Yeah, like it's not green to keep an efficient engined car going for donkey's years after most have been turned into landfill, compared to somebody buying a new diesel every 4 years over the same time period...

Me. Grumbling. Just now. :D

546419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Seamaster Pro today. First watch I ever bought as an adult with a real job many moons ago.

BD94-E6-CD-A796-48-FC-A8-DD-A8317-AA9-DF26.jpg

mailforkev wrote: »
    Seamaster Pro today. First watch I ever bought as an adult with a real job many moons ago.

BD94-E6-CD-A796-48-FC-A8-DD-A8317-AA9-DF26.jpg

I suspect that was many a guy's first good watch - decent brand at a decent price, and a decent watch. I really like the dials on them, especially in the inky dark black, but I can't get over the bracelet. And as someone who likes to mix it up with straps, natos, bunds, etc. I find it hard to see this watch on anything but that bracelet.

Having said that, no doubt I'll get one in due course.

• Advertisement

Morning. Coffee, Private Eye, laptop, Datejust. Ready to roll for the day.

rF3uHO2.jpg

Advertisement