Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Time wrote: »
    I hadn't actually posted a proper picture of this. Unfortunately my iPhone photography skills arent great so this is the best i could manage.

Mega....whats the Oysterflex like comfortwise? I have never worn one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Def something wrong with you camera. It’s making your left wrist look like your right wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Fitz II wrote: »
    Mega....whats the Oysterflex like comfortwise? I have never worn one.

Very very comfortable, the raised parts at the lug end make it breathable so you don't end up with sweat marks. The sizes i have are a little tight for my liking though, i prefer to wear my watches a bit on the looser side. So there's an new set of straps coming for it, which will take another week or two i imagine.
    893bet wrote: »
    Def something wrong with you camera. It’s making your left wrist look like your right wrist.

I'm one of those heathens who wears watches on the right arm. Funnily enough i mainly write with my right hand though, so it would probably be more practical to wear it the other way, it just feels wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm one of those heathens who wears watches on the right arm. Funnily enough i mainly write with my right hand though, so it would probably be more practical to wear it the other way, it just feels wrong though.

Heh I’m one of those lefty heathens. Write left handed and wear watch on my left, feels both kinds of wrong.

Lovely watch btw, Yacht masters are beautifully understated even in previous metal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have always thought it was ver sporting of Rolex to give Mercedes free advertising like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

A bruised and battered Citizen Eco-Drive that must be 20 years old at this stage and still running. I'm managing my OCD regarding the date and sure I have my phone handy if I'm stuck!!

546753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Ready to roll here: diary, glasses, Private Eye, watch. Stuck the Speedy on a grey nato. It works, but not as good as a black nato, or any black strap really.

H1TFkIL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Ready to roll here: diary, glasses, Private Eye, watch. Stuck the Speedy on a grey nato. It works, but not as good as a black nato, or any black strap really.

Nice one.

I have a similarly coloured NATO and use it on my Speedy homage, as for some reason, that colour to me says NASA more than the black.

The black is for over a space suit, the grey is for under :)

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Nice one.

I have a similarly coloured NATO and use it on my Speedy homage, as for some reason, that colour to me says NASA more than the black.

The black is for over a space suit, the grey is for under :)

Unfortunately I have a job that requires me wearing the spacesuit Monday to Friday, so it's black all the way for me.

I have to say, I like the Speedy on a black bund (but it's a git to get over the spacesuit arm).

v27V9vD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Unfortunately I have a job that requires me wearing the spacesuit Monday to Friday, so it's black all the way for me.

I have to say, I like the Speedy on a black bund (but it's a git to get over the spacesuit arm).

Nope, nope, nope.

That doesnae work f' me at all.

:)

• Advertisement

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Nope, nope, nope.

That doesnae work f' me at all.

:)

Bunds are very divisive it seems, but I is a fan.

xHJD4GTb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

Bunds aren't quite at Unkles Stingray levels of vile, but they aren't far off. Please won't someone think of the children! Let this madness stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭banie01

In a defence of the bund, I do own 1 it's not however currently fitted to any watch.
    Bought it to pair with my Bund homage and one thing I found it does offer as an advantage...

Is that it makes my handwinder far easier to wind while it's on my wrist.
    That said, I much prefer that watch on a vintage rally strap and that's how it will stay for now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to say/admit I do like bund style straps on certain watches. Generally speaking smaller black dialled "military" style watches. It helps if they're thin leather. the actual issued BUND straps are very thick and unless you've wrists like godzilla the watch sits too high and and wears way larger. They're very of an era too, so if you want to channel the 30/40's or 60/70's they're bang on for that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Bund straps, should be resigned to history. I put them in the same category as jock straps......do not want.

Would wear Unkels string ray as a daily and be happy with it before a bund.

893bet wrote: »
    Bund straps, should be resigned to history. I put them in the same category as jock straps......do not want.

I agree!
    But on the bolded, speaking as someone who has a severely wonky left bollock ;)
    The bolded certainly has its place, it use and most definitely it's benefit...
    But!

You never know just how much you need it, until you both need it and have experienced it :pac:

On that note!
    Big thumbs up to Dr Hodnett in Barringtons for the nerve blocks yesterday :D
    A month of normality is hopefully in store :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

banie01 wrote: »
    I agree!
    But on the bolded, speaking as someone who has a severely wonky left bollock ;)
    The bolded certainly has its place, it use and most definitely it's benefit...

Argh too much information :eek:

Fitz II wrote: »
    Argh too much information :eek:

Too much bollox :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fitz is now drawing pictures of willies for the rest of the morning :p

@Time - what size is your wrist? The YM looks stunning and not at all small on you. Maybe I should go try one on myself. Just to rule it in or out based on size alone. The lust for a blue YM is not going away until I do.

unkel wrote: »
    @Time - what size is your wrist? The YM looks stunning and not at all small on you. Maybe I should go try one on myself. Just to rule it in or out based on size alone. The lust for a blue YM is not going away until I do.

16cm which I think works out about 6”. If you do try it I’d say compare it to the 40mm at the same time, and leave it on for a few minutes to get a feel for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

16cm which I think works out about 6”. If you do try it I’d say compare it to the 40mm at the same time, and leave it on for a few minutes to get a feel for it.

is yours the 37mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    Fitz is now drawing pictures of willies for the rest of the morning :p

id leave the DSSD off for a bit before trying on a YM, itll seem dainty.

and the blue YM isnt the answer, i thought it was too, but it wasnt :D

Cyrus wrote: »
    is yours the 37mm?

It is indeed. Tried the 40 too and it was basically the entire width of my wrist when the lugs were included, I’m not into that look so personal preference was for the smaller size.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That gives me hope, perhaps the 40mm is big enough for me then after all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

These are a bit expensive for what they are (I didn't pay RRP), but I've been eyeing them up for a while, and it's something a bit different.

51029551531_4c7864f391.jpg

I also received this last week as a replacement for my GS - very happy with it, super value for money.

51028847943_6d0ebef450.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speaking of bund bands. Me. Earlier. Waiting for a network to cop on.

546822.jpg
    ShakyCam3000

Unashamedly faux crocodile with it. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Sinn 556i

IMG-20210312-191827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Fresh arrival..

Presage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Chunk of steel with some nice blue lume

MujngoM.jpg

SUQqmnb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m