Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

which fitbit is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

which fitbit is it?

Charge 4, bought the strap separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Datejust on leather today. This is the inner strap from the black leather bund I have.

6ngybRs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Be a shame if you lost the other part.....

Hard to beat a datejust for looks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭Homer

Happy Friday! Got the rubber bracelet resized (thanks to Mitch Buchannon of this parish) and finally on my wrist. Breitling Chronomat 44, Blue face with blue rubber strap and deployant. Absolutely chuffed with this one!

59-BB61-E9-3348-4285-B156-25-F9-D16-B6-DCA.jpg
    399-E9-BCA-7-B00-4-A7-E-961-C-308-ABA18-A8-A9.jpg
    50-CE26-A9-7-FAA-4581-9-B1-C-783-C0-B9-BC718.jpg
    97-D5980-F-6-D22-498-B-8-CF0-0713-CEE52-F11.jpg
    A7-AF0654-249-A-4717-B848-EACC6152-AAA2.jpg
    4087-C01-E-2301-4-B3-B-91-AA-E485-BD77-E032.jpg
    7-D920-C4-E-1500-4-AE8-B5-FC-A83827172527.jpg
    roll 1d3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,027 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Homer wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Got the rubber bracelet resized (thanks to Mitch Buchannon of this parish) and finally on my wrist. Breitling Chronomat 44, Blue face with blue rubber strap and deployant. Absolutely chuffed with this one!

I’m a sucker for a nice breitling and that is a nice breitling ! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

A very nice breitling! I think they look terrible on a polished bracelet but on rubber they look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I said I wasn't going to buy this but it tics so many boxes I just had to.

Bought it from an outfit called Wear The Time in Italy on Chrono24.nl for €365 including delivery.

Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical

547504.JPG

547509.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Sharkey monster.

IMG_20210313_165112677.jpg

Pretty much identical to the original except;

Sapphire crystal

Chapter ring straight

Case to bezel lines up

Proper deployment not made of pressed steel

Doesn't have great lume, but adequate.

Doesn't say Seiko

The nh36 has been regulated too.

Wife thinks it's the ugliest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

saccades wrote: »
    Wife thinks it's the ugliest thing ever.

S200w.gif?cid=82a1493bcvrbxpx0t69zpesjfkaix4fhytnyhycdlg2pouad&rid=200w.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Reliving my youth; a follow-on from my Casio lust on another thread... Honestly I'm very chuffed. A fantastic watch, great build quality and the dimensions wear so much smaller than you'd expect. After shifting the SKX, I didn't feel comfortable wearing either of my German's doing the hard yards with DIY/car washing/cycling etc.

I'm shook this came from Osaka to Wexford in less than 48hours with all that's going on.

Quick n' dirty snap. Daylight pics and a full write up to follow!

547515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Fitz II wrote: »
    Freddie gif

Means I've been promoted by default.

:Smug face:

:Sadface:

TOTP

IMG-20180312-185543204.jpg

Long finger build with a snzh

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Homer wrote: »

Absolutely lovely watch. Very jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Saw this one going cheap and I thought the wife would like it but she told me where to shove it, she is not interested in watches at all. Her loss is my gain, will flip it eventually for another Seiko diver :pac:

SNXJ90 @ 36mm jammed on to my 8.5 inch wrists

ejkU0YX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

HDMI wrote: »
    SNXJ90 @ 36mm jammed on to my 8.5 inch wrists
    ]

Looks great

Screenshot-2021-03-21-191012.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well a week on from my previous post, after I fettled the 1940's Doxa, here it is this evening:

547672.jpg

A second off. I found winding it once in the morning(with the new mainspring it has over two days reserve), wearing it and leaving it dial down at night the slightly fast during the day by 2-3 seconds was cancelled by the slightly slower by the same amount overnight in that position, so bloody close to chronometer levels. Which is kinda crazy given it's age and tiny balance wheel.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

sLOsKAw.jpg

One of my favourites, but one I dont get to wear enough. Seiko SPB035J1. I love the version with the red 12, but I couldn't justify the £150 extra on the price tag for that alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Seiko SBDY015 JDM turtle for under $300 with two straps was a steal.

GKRZE6M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cassius99 wrote: »

One of my favourites, but one I dont get to wear enough. Seiko SPB035J1. I love the version with the red 12, but I couldn't justify the £150 extra on the price tag for that alone...

I prefer your one, I really don't like the red 12 seiko do on some watches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

My Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical has been on my wrist since I got it last week and so far it's been keeping good time, about +2sec/day.

547875.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

IMG-20210323-155227.jpg

I'm sure it's silly but, needs must.

Not straight forward either - trying to snap both wrists! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I don't want to know how you pressed the button to take the picture. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

547886.jpg

With a blast of sun to get the lume glowing

And with the isofrane strap... Surprisingly comfortable despite being chunky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

athlone573 wrote: »

I love the save the ocean edition seikos. I’ve the turtle version , love the dial

SAEUukR.jpg

And here’s the turtle chilling with our happy tortoise !

50JC2sk.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

athlone573 wrote: »

Is that a mini turtle? I like the knurling on the crown.

547943.jpg

STO King turtle. Some people hate the candy bar cyclops, but my aging eyesight appreciates it. Lots of people complaining too about price hikes from Seiko, paid $350 for this, used. The sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel is holding up well to life on the farm so far.

Keeping the Seiko theme going, I haven't got tired of this one yet. Perhaps we need a 'show us your Seiko' thread.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

My own offering to the Sekio show and tell

DbovPS3l.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭dakar

I ordered the orange Samurai Dobbytoes posted a while ago (to go with my orange CrafterBlue strap, obviously...) but here’s what a desk diver does in my job.

547950.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

This is a watch brand that not many people have heard of. A small boutique watchmaker called Seiko.
    I love this watch - makes me think of 70's TV shows, Aer Lingus flights and the ocean. The model is SNKP23.

547955.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

MTDnednP_o.jpg

Blue dial Samurai, the original titanium JDM model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

RMDrive wrote: »
    This is a watch brand that not many people have heard of. A small boutique watchmaker called Seiko.
    I love this watch - makes me think of 70's TV shows, Aer Lingus flights and the ocean. The model is SNKP23.

I'm not surprised you love it, that is nice. Only thing Aer Lingus 70's I have is one of those metal spoon like forks you used to get when flying was still civilised.

Advertisement