Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »
    This is the kinda thing that happens......casual meeting last week end-up with me buying Fitz VC and him buying an 1815......

This is clearly a sign that I need 2 things in my life...
    A higher class of friend!(My friends make Garth Brooks' ones in low places, look like mountaineers! :pac: )
    And a bigger bank balance :P

Well wear on the new VC, and whatever you decide with the old one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

893bet wrote: »

It was on my wrist for a week trial on sale or return. And I didn’t think I would like it. As it’s huge in comparison to my other watches but it’s well balanced and works. And it comes with rubber!

I offered my Aquanaut to Fitz for a week also (not for sale but just for interest).....he declined as he was afraid he would like it ��..........given how quickly he moves he could have a watch bought and sold before breakfast.

Well wear the VC its a beautiful watch. The Gen 1 has to go now. Blue dial on the Dornbluthe (spelling). The Solas really is a colour of its own Thirdfox.

No I defo dont want to trial you Patek, I already want one and that experiment would cost me 35k which is not in the watch budget, so that means selling one of my babbies. I let the VC already thats bad enough.

It fits your collection well, you have stainless sports on braclet, Patek on rubber, ALS as dress, some semential watches and maybe a Dornbluthe incoming. Sounds like all the bases are covered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Doing the usual summer time change. This being my master timekeeper.

548476.jpg

Though handily this has the third crown position that only moves the hour hand while the rest keeps running. My Omega Mariner has the same handy feature.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

May I ask a question Wibbs....how many timepieces do you actually own? ....
    I get very envious looking in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I get very envious looking in here :)

None...because he is merely preserving them for the next generation... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Taken a moment to enjoy a watch while out walking :)

ygOQmmp.jpg

Apologize for not being active on here lately , its been an interesting couple of weeks :rolleyes: Even though I haven't had a chance to post much lately, the hunt still contuined ;)Spoiler

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Twenty odd, plus a couple of clocks. :o I haz it bad. :D To be fair and to avoid getting locked up in a padded room that's built up over decades so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Myself and my little friend out in the garden enjoying some sun.

IdbOptUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Seiko SKX175. The granite worktop on the island in our kitchen has left its mark on 2 of my watches including this one. This is my holiday watch and one of the few divers I have.

548591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

beautifull RM
    dont have an skx in my collection yet.
    only a matter of time i reckoto

• Advertisement

beautifull RM
    dont have an skx in my collection yet.
    only a matter of time i reckoto

Yeah, they've gotten pricier but still a great watch.

Seagull '1963' - 42mm version. Was reading The Three Body Problem a few months ago and I without realising it, ended up wearing this watch a lot more. Weird how the brain subconsciously connected the PRC setting for the book with this 'communist' :) watch.

548678.jpg

Another beautiful day! More of this please

9XbD8aXl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RMDrive wrote: »
    Seagull '1963' - 42mm version. Was reading The Three Body Problem a few months ago and I without realising it, ended up wearing this watch a lot more. Weird how the brain subconsciously connected the PRC setting for the book with this 'communist' :) watch.
    SNIP

I have the 38mm version of that watch and I really like it, however there are 2 things I really miss on it.

A date and luminous hands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

RMDrive wrote: »

Is there anything you don't like about it, is the crystal acrylic? Thinking I might need a new chrono.....:rolleyes: (Lost my cherry to someone born in 1963)

What's it like for time keeping?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have the 38mm version of that watch and I really like it, however there are 2 things I really miss on it.

A date and luminous hands.

Yeah I miss the date sometime, the lume never. Guess I'm a daytime creature.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Is there anything you don't like about it, is the crystal acrylic? Thinking I might need a new chrono.....:rolleyes: (Lost my cherry to someone born in 1963)

What's it like for time keeping?

Timekeeping is excellent. I don't have any recent measurement, however even if I wear it for a few days, it's never noticeably out.

The 42 is acrylic and IIRC the 39mm came with a sapphire crystal. Purchased it from Julian in Poljot.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

For the day/weather that's in it, I dusted off the Weber portable and killed a fatted lamb:

gQaqRjp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Glycine Combat Sub, red bezel insert adds a nice bit of colour.

lEBJY0k.jpg

Nice watch HDMI!

• Advertisement

Today I am mostly being a fancy bastard.

PXL-20210331-101601149.jpg

Fitz II wrote: »
    Today I am mostly being a fancy bastard.

It really is a thing of immense beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't know about you guys, I've never tried on a PP. But on screen a Nautilus does very little for me. And an Aquanaut does even less. But that one is of great beauty and class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I had no idea when I went looking for a bezel to mod my venerable SKX009 that what I selected was a copy of a Planet Ocean bezel.

I just liked the look of it.
    d31pyd.jpg

I'm not even that mad about a PO over all, I tend to like the more traditional wave dial Seamasters.

Still, I'm pleased with the result. It just makes me want to go for a domed crystal now.

Bloody watches :)

Lorddrakul wrote: »

Still, I'm pleased with the result. It just makes me want to go for a domed crystal now.

Bloody watches :)

Now that I've decided to keep my Arnie, I really, really fancy a domed sapphire on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭dakar

Reasons to buy a watch, in no particular order of pointlessness.

- I bought an orange strap for my blue Samurai and it didn’t suit so I had to buy an orange watch to match it.

- I wanted an orange watch to match my favourite stethoscope.

- I wanted an orange watch.

- Someone posted a decently priced orange Samurai on boards and sure it’d be silly not to...

548796.jpeg

dakar wrote: »

- I bought an orange strap for my blue Samurai and it didn’t suit so I had to buy an orange watch to match it.

- I wanted an orange watch to match my favourite stethoscope.

- I wanted an orange watch.

- Someone posted a decently priced orange Samurai on boards and sure it’d be silly not to...

You need one of these!!!

Screenshot-2021-03-31-20-28-37-246-com-android-chrome.jpg

banie01 wrote: »
    You need one of these!!!

Oh I know about those! Ticks a lot of boxes actually. Just not a ‘bored browsing boards and decide to buy a watch’ price point :)

dakar wrote: »

I think that is a cool looking watch...nice one

• Advertisement

Fitz II wrote: »
    I think that is a cool looking watch...nice one

I think the Samurai is pretty much my sweet spot. I love the shape, they fit me perfectly, the legibility is excellent, they have a date function, they keep great time, they are affordable enough that I don’t mind if they get a bit battered, when the weather improves I can wear them swimming. Lots to like.

Advertisement