Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

scwazrh wrote: »
    That’s 4 stunning watches in a row today !

The black bay gmt keep coming up on TZ at brilliant prices but I’m pretty sure they would be caught for taxes coming from uk.If I thought it was avoidable I would definitely be trying a black bay

Was thinking you could book a night in the cheapest hotel in Newry and get the watch shipped in advance. They'll all happily accept a package for you if you give them a heads up.

Handier than that Parcel Pickup place in Derry for most people plus you get to drink an actual pint indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

That’s 4 stunning watches in a row today !

The black bay gmt keep coming up on TZ at brilliant prices but I’m pretty sure they would be caught for taxes coming from uk.If I thought it was avoidable I would definitely be trying a black bay

There is a blue58 on at 2.6k which seems great value. Buy only if you can collect as risk of tax makes a cheap watch expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

david wrote: »
    Was thinking you could book a night in the cheapest hotel in Newry and get the watch shipped in advance. They'll all happily accept a package for you if you give them a heads up.

Handier than that Parcel Pickup place in Derry for most people plus you get to drink an actual pint indoors.

A few pints and a new watch .. sounds perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Maestro84 wrote: »

Very cool, love the dials on them, they're unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭scwazrh

893bet wrote: »
    There is a blue58 on at 2.6k which seems great value. Buy only if you can collect as risk of tax makes a cheap watch expensive.

Couple of GMT at £2200 over last couple of weeks as well. The red bezel are making more than that here at the moment. Well asking more anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, but it's pints in Newry!

To be fair, I'd take pints anywhere at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Couple of GMT at £2200 over last couple of weeks as well.

That's fantastic value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,027 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I almost bought a bb58 last year. Looks well!

im not gonna lie im tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Cyrus wrote: »
    im not gonna lie im tempted.

I cured my BB58 itch by buying a San Martin retro diver for just over €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Even if you can collect, the cost of doing so still adds up quickly enough unfortunately. Brexit has really made this hobby so much harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

My Seiko skx009 with a brown leather strap, personal favourite!

552298.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭Homer

I went up to (just outside) Newry yesterday to pick up kegs for my blade beer machine that are hard to find down here. About 45 minutes there, stocked up on kegs and back home and saved myself €120!

If you are Dublin based (especially north county) it’s so handy to spin up and collect a watch (or beer lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Homer wrote: »
    I went up to (just outside) Newry yesterday to pick up kegs for my blade beer machine that are hard to find down here. About 45 minutes there, stocked up on kegs and back home and saved myself €120!

If you are Dublin based (especially north county) it’s so handy to spin up and collect a watch (or beer lol)

I'm seeing quite a few nice watches on chrono24 that are UK based, I've had to exclude them from my searching unfortunately

A photo of not so much the watch, but the new pillow tray to allow me some better drawer organisation (according to Mrs Banie at least).

Not bad for a tenner!

MVIMG-20210505-084850.jpg

Very nice Banie! Where did you get it? I have a display case with 5 slots but between me and the missus it's full now

Very nice Banie! Where did you get it? I have a display case with 5 slots but between me and the missus it's full now

That repository of all things Tat, Aliexpress.
    I'll dig out a link later, just about to head into an exam now so fingers crossed lads!

banie01 wrote: »
    That repository of all things Tat, Aliexpress.
    I'll dig out a link later, just about to head into an exam now so fingers crossed lads!

Best of luck you’ll do great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Yema Sous Marine

552320.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It's lovely having all your watches on display but it does make it very easy for a burglar to pick it up and walk off with- that's my only paranoid concern.

It's lovely having all your watches on display but it does make it very easy for a burglar to pick it up and walk off with- that's my only paranoid concern.

The yoke I bought isn't really for display. It fits into a dresser drawer and granted if I'm burgled and the drawer is pulled out it's going to be picked up.
    By the same token tho, so will the wife's jewellery box and anything else portable.

I finished the exam with 30 mins to spare.
    I am far more confident now than I was at 9am.
    I don't know whether that's actual confidence in my ability tho, or Dunning-Kruger!

I did hit the word target and used lots of quotes though ;)

@OMT, I picked up the tray here. I had a voucher that dropped it to €12 delivered but it was a one off.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKxW5rF
    I'm hoping that's not a referral link, I did try and strip it out.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    The yoke I bought isn't really for display. It fits into a dresser drawer and granted if I'm burgled and the drawer is pulled out it's going to be picked up.
    By the same token tho, so will the wife's jewellery box and anything else portable.

I finished the exam with 30 mins to spare.
    I am far more confident now than I was at 9am.
    I don't know whether that's actual confidence in my ability tho, or Dunning-Kruger!

I did hit the word target and used lots of quotes though ;)

@OMT, I picked up the tray here. I had a voucher that dropped it to €12 delivered but it was a one off.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKxW5rF
    I'm hoping that's not a referral link, I did try and strip it out.

Does a Seamaster addiction being after buying your first? If so I'll need this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Homer wrote: »

Tell me more about your blade kegs in NEWRY. What brand, how much and where? Thanks pal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭Homer

kop-end wrote: »
    Tell me more about your blade kegs in NEWRY. What brand, how much and where? Thanks pal

Good selection of different beers available, check out the first and last off-licence in Jonesboro and Hughes Nisa in Camlough. Both usually have a wide selection of kegs. Have to source the machine elsewhere.
    I do like the Heineken, but my favourites would be Puntigamer, Gosser and Tiger.
    They’re £35 per keg (approx 14/15 pints) which is roughly €40 but most places down here are charging €50. So stock up on 10-12 kegs and there’s a fair saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,027 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks whats the going rate for a black bb58 at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks whats the going rate for a black bb58 at the moment?

Second hand 2.8-3k seems to be the ball park.

€2.8-3.1 for a good used one I’d reckon. PM incoming.

The right tool for the job.

552403.jpg

After a month trying to dry out a soaked concrete wall (old waste pipe leak in the guest en suite). Time to assess and repair the damage, paint and plaster flaked right down to the block.

Hoping a quick skim coat, sanding and lashings of Zinnser Blue holds it solid enough for paint. Nasty business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Black Bay on holiday

552453.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

New bracelet for the Ocean One 39. Its wonderfully comfortable.

IMG-20210506-180327-edit-700895664174820.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I went a bit mad last week. Definitely a sunshine/summer watch. It's not bad on the burgundy nato. Probably better on the bracelet.

Jn8NIYZ.jpg

Advertisement